FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-20 09:03 am   Permalink

ZIPFIZZ!
Man Brad!
Awesome beyond Words!
if i ever get to the East coast
can i visit! You got the knack for this!
All that hard work has paid off!
Enjoy the fruits of your labor!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-21 04:52 am   Permalink

thanks for the bump on this thread - it gives me an excuse to go through it all again!!

great work howland, any more spectacular piccies?

noticed someone eyed a Benzart but even with my detective peepers on I couldnt spot it, and now that has me quite frustrated...

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-21 07:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-21 04:52, harro wrote:
thanks for the bump on this thread - it gives me an excuse to go through it all again!!

great work howland, any more spectacular piccies?

noticed someone eyed a Benzart but even with my detective peepers on I couldnt spot it, and now that has me quite frustrated...

I'll help:

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-21 08:22 am   Permalink

Many thanx for all the great comps from the great ohana!

Freddieballs: I'm in Folly Beach--about 2 hours south of Myrtle Beach. The marq canoe is sittting around, waiting to be hung still.

LLT, come on down--errr, over and then down. gotta seat at the bar saved for ya.

lookin' good on your end too, tikitrav.

Thanx, Tiki Diablo. this place could use a TD carve sitting in the corner.

Thanx, jpmd. It is a pretty good hideout--somehow she manages to find me down there every time, though

Sam G--old school rules! no 'new tiki' for me--unless it gets smuggled in somehow--it's happened before. (the 'gift bearers')

DejaVoo- I can't really give you an accurate figure but the majority of the cost was lumber, 2x's, OSB, etc. like for walls, bar frame, etc. which I'd have purchased anyway -tiki room or not. Harvested all my own bamboo, bought mismixed paints from Slowe's, garage sale, flea markt, resale store furnishings---there's so many ways to make it happen in a low budget manner.

Thanx, VRN--just say NO to white walls....and ceilings.....and light switch covers.....and doors....and--so on.

LLT, still waiting....

Thanx Harro. I 'lost' a camera a few weeks ago but just got a new one and am still trying to find the sweet-shot buttons-but I do have a trio of new pics for you coming up.

BIG thanks to Swanky and his 'fee-yon-say' for making the drive down the mountain for a visit last weekend and hooking me up with this Xtra sweet shell lamp crafted in a joint effort by the Swanky family. Fine job, I must say and it looks awesome hanging in the Jungalero Room--I may have to move it to a more prominent spot eventually. The thing is BIG, too. If you ask reeeal nice, the Swankys may be able to hook you up too....? Enjoyed you guys company again and thanks for introducing me to TikiBob---super cool guy with an awesome vintage car collection. Come see us!!!

This pic may be a little brighter than the room is in reality. Notice the absolutely kick-a$$ shell lamp from Swanky in the top left corner.

Practically the same shot as above--trying to get a real sense of the lighting-maybe closer--maybe too dark-

Another view of the shell lamp.

Thanks fer peepin'

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-28 07:54 am   Permalink

Just stumbled onto this thread for the first time today.

Speechless.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Deckhand_Davy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-29 08:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-03-28 07:54, tikiyaki wrote:
Just stumbled onto this thread for the first time today.

Speechless.

Me too! Makes me want to tear down my backyard bar and start over

View Profile of Deckhand_Davy Send a personal message to Deckhand_Davy  Goto the website of Deckhand_Davy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 08:54 am   Permalink

Oh great! all the details you are putting in, are amazing, the room is very harmonic!!
Are you sure you are not a decorator?!! You have great talent for this!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-31 07:55 am   Permalink

Wow Brad, It looks like you went Way above and beyond in here. Awesome rooms and pictures too!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 8:38 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tikiyaki--be real nice to have you guys set up in the corner of the room bangin' out some nice tunes! Meanwhile, I'll just wear out my new TO CD for awhile--a great addition to the lounge CD collection!

DHDavy--don't tear anything down--just add to what you already have. (accoutrification--key word--if it's actually a word)

Thanx, Clarita--I'm SURE I'm not a decorator--just a guy with a vision--a visionary-that's sounds better than decorator to me!

Thanx, Benz--did you spot your #64 hanging on the wall in the background of one (or more) of the pix? I had to do some heavy tradin' for that with a fellow TC'er. I practically gave up a small rooms worth of mid century furniture/lighting that just didn't fit my theme anymore for that piece---glad I did! Hey you're not THAT far away, come see us if you're ever coming this way.

Mahalos to all for the comps. I'm still tweaking this place so I will eventually have updates--it'll never be finished probably, just continuously improved upon....(hopefully)

Till next time...
Brad's clockin' out

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 11:36 am   Permalink

Hey Brad, I Di spot it and wondered how you ended up with it. I Hope you didn't trade Too much for it, although he looks great where he is now. Again your work there is Incredible and you have probably one of the Nicest home lounges around. Yes you Are fairly close and we just may visit you one of these days. How far are you from Birmingham Al? We visit our son there a couple times a year and may expand a trip??

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-04 08:46 am   Permalink

Oh sorry I didn't meant to offend you
you are a guy with a vision a great great great vision!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-04 09:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-04 08:46, Clarita wrote:
Oh sorry I didn't meant to offend you
you are a guy with a vision a great great great vision!!

Not offended by any means, Clarita-you are always generous with kind compliments

Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-09 10:31 am   Permalink

A little update on the Jungalero Lounge:
a shot of the lanai-gotta kill that white door trim soon!

A shot from the other side showing the grill--now we're cookin' with gas! (although I prefer wood)

A new lamp I made

A nice shot of the stairwell nook coming from the upper deck, the creeping fig is filling in nicely.

A lauhala and bamboo outrigger (ebay score--4 $!-cost more to ship it)

That's all for now. Maybe I'll pick up some goods from Hukilau and update then. Mahalo for peepin'
Brad

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-09 12:15 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-06-09 12:17 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-09 12:44 pm   Permalink

Damn, Can I come live with you?

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation