FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Jungalero Lounge featured in IMBIBE magazine (NEW PHOTO)
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-15 10:33 am   Permalink

Thanks all! Dawn, at least you've got concrete, that beats a liner IMO. You should be able to drain it (if it's not already) and use some kind of concrete patch kit. I've seen something like that at one of the big box DIY stores.
Thnx, Wayfarer.

Been outta the tiki loop here lately (creatively, anyway). With all this recession stuff I've just been crankin' out graphics jobs day in-day out. I did manage to put together a couple of pretty cool beachcomber style hanging lamps a few weeks ago --I'll try to post pics tonight!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 08:00 am   Permalink

BRAD!
TheBackyard lagoon looks STELLAR!
You've still been keeping creative
between the junglearoo and the tee graphic(which look great,by the way on FB)
Hopefully,some Crative playtime will consume you to follow your bliss
and create some more artistic goodies!
LAMPS!
let's see those Lamps!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-16 7:18 pm   Permalink

Totally Insane! I still love it. The floor looks like turtle shells.
Good times hang'n in there. Beautiful job.

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-22 12:08 pm   Permalink

Haha yay for the Lagoon! it's so cool how you can materialize what ever comes to your mind, with your own hands. (Every time someone asks what super power I would like to have, if I could have one, I choose that, materializing what ever i want.. and i try to be like that all i can in real life.. but hat off to your power sir...)

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-26 10:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-22 12:08, Clarita wrote:
Haha yay for the Lagoon! it's so cool how you can materialize what ever comes to your mind, with your own hands. (Every time someone asks what super power I would like to have, if I could have one, I choose that, materializing what ever i want.. and i try to be like that all i can in real life.. but hat off to your power sir...)

Thanx, everyone. Clarita, I most definitely consider you as one who has the 'super power'!!!!

Here's a couple of new lamps I threw together. Didn't take progress shots but the first one is made from a rattan foot stool, fabric from a shirt I purchased on ebay that didn't fit me and a large wicker plate holder for the bottom. The top is made from local thatch. I made sort of a thatch, chicken wire and roofing paper sandwich for the top because the deck (above) leaks a bit and I wanted the lamp to be semi water/weather proof. Also coated it all with marine grade poly except the fabric which I used the 3m waterproofing spray for fabrics, shoes, etc.

The second lamp is made from a basket, a plate holder bottom and a Chinese 'coolie hat' for the top. I rolled up a piece of screen printers vellum (semi-transparent film) that I had spray painted red and inserted it into the basket. Using a 25w clear bulb --looks nice, not quite as bright as it looks in the photo.

Starting to get a little more tiki/nautical going on with the patio under the deck area. Made (not finished yet) a nautical ships cabin door with porthole window and dock cleat handle, still need to trim it out or something...

Here's a couple of random shots of the patio/pond area...

More to come soon, thanx fer lookin'...........

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-26 10:14 am   Permalink

can i come live with you?

spell-binding,Brad!

www.KENRUZIC.COM is Open to the Public!
(Which i update every so often)
I'm on FaceBook too-Go cheggitout!)

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-26 6:15 pm   Permalink

Tnx Kinny -we can put you up here although HB has gotta be better than FB....spell binding =niiiiice words!

Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-26 8:43 pm   Permalink

I really dig the lamps, but the pond blows my mind. I wanna take a dip in it, disappear into its depths.

www.robbhamel.com

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-27 10:26 am   Permalink

Brad, great to see an update on goings on at your place!

All the new work looks spectacular!

Good to see you've hung your Marquesan boat up on the wall!

Always envious of your tropical local with all the great plant life adding so much to the overall feel.

Soon we'll be buried under a fresh coat of white!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-27 11:20 am   Permalink

Looking great! cool lights, the lagoon adds a lot to the hole place for sure

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-27 7:28 pm   Permalink

Thanx, Robb -the pond has certainly been a crowd pleaser since I finished it. I've built a pond or water feature at every place I've ever lived including rental houses, although those were on a much smaller scale. Gotta have my fishyness with me wherever I am! Taken a few dips in it as well. The view in the above pic is about the same view you get when laying in the pond with your head under the waterfall --it's very nice! (the goldfish/koi don't seem thrilled with my presence but they get over it eventually).

Dave --good to hear from you brutha! Yea, finally found a place in the Jungalero for the canoe and got my Benzart piece right under it --my favorite wall in the bar. SNOW -accckk! I hate winter and cold but I would gladly welcome some snow accumulation down here, very rare for us. I've only seen snow a handful of times in my entire life but have a blast with it when I do get the chance to experience it. CrAzY StUfF!!!!!

Thank you Claritaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're so kind!

whiskeyblood
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-31 11:16 am   Permalink

Howland, I know the thread is old but the pics are still stunning! I am very impressed and blown away with so many different parts of your paradise. Really inspiring! Love the lagoon!!

View Profile of whiskeyblood Send a personal message to whiskeyblood      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 2:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks for bringing this one up again... I love this thread! Killer pad, Howland.

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-31 7:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-26 10:10, Howland wrote:

Starting to get a little more tiki/nautical going on with the patio

With places like Smuggler's Cove, is Nautical the new big tiki trend? I know this is the way I leaning towards right now.

Howland Love the lamps and I'm thinking about them a lot right now (right Kahaka). Can you post a pic of the bottom of the basket lamp with the plate holder. Thanks teaK

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 05:50 am   Permalink

Hey y'all, thanx for digging me up again. Not been doing too much with the bar lately aside from giving it some use/abuse. Gotta big party coming up this weekend in it for some of my wife's hospital coworkers so gotta get her shined up, think I'll even wax the floor. TeaKs I'll get you a shot or 2 of the plate holder thing. Probably gonna put together 2-3 more lamps before the party. Will post pics of those as well.

2 solid weeks with lows in the 20's wiped out a good bit of the plant life in the yard, aside from what usually comes back in spring (bananas and elephant ears) so I'm on a landscape kick now -putting in some palms and such for year round greenery.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation