FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving McTiki ** New pics 02/03 New Mask!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
McTiki ** New pics 02/03 New Mask!!!
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-26 9:46 pm   Permalink

Heya Mc... nice tiki. Don't give up on the pine so easy... white is nice but yellow ain't half bad either. Look at the nice grain you had in the mouth and eyes. You just stained it too dark. Try Early American next time... the walnut really darkens up pine.

You want to talk about hard... try the 3 foot chunk of ash I finished up today... BEAUTIFUL grain though! It'll be at Hukilau.

Oh... just noticed you wanted to hide the grain though with the Dark Walnut. How come? I think the grain looks purty.

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2006-07-26 21:50 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 04:14 am   Permalink

Also like the carving MC...looks good...sorta vintage...and the design is a nice combination
of styles....I am just now starting to dig into my first big piece of pine and it's a lot
different that working with basswood....but I think my piece is kinda rotten. Keep the
good works coming!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 05:23 am   Permalink

I think it turned out great too! Maybe you should carve more pine, it is good training..We hereby sentence you to 30 days of carving nothing but yellow pine, or until you find some redeeming nature of the stuff.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 06:04 am   Permalink

Thanks for the props guys. You are way way too kind. Yeah, I probably went too dark Lake. I'll take you up on the color you recommended for the next ones.

I already started a new Palm log. It felt like butter. MMMMMmmm butter. This one is a bit different as far as design though.

Sentence accepted (once these 2 other palm carvings are done). I have blades dedicated to palm and blades dedicated to "other"

Redeeming nature of yellow Pine = Firewood carved into 12" lengths for the pit

Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 12:47 pm   Permalink

well the stain didnt turn out bad. it looks really good. i like the belly on him. good job on it

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-05 3:18 pm   Permalink

New one. Kinda Bosko ish...Mahalo

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-13 8:11 pm   Permalink

Nice work McT! Your carves are really nice. What's up with the one in the background there, with the coconut shells? Did you do that?

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 05:05 am   Permalink

Thanks TikiGap. Yes the MerTikis were my Wahine's idea. Here's the thread for them

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=20817&forum=7&14

Started my first Tang and it's a gift, so, naturally, it turned out nice and I want to keep it. I'll post up some pics tonight.

Thanks again.

Mahalo

McTiki

congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 05:13 am   Permalink

Nice work on the latest one McTiki...he looks right at home with Mertiki. Has a little bit
of the Bosko look, but that's sorta "vintage" by now isn't it? Looks great...anxious to see
your Tang.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 10:37 am   Permalink

Looks great McTiki, but it's no "Mer-tiki" LOL.. Nice to see you carving more though and I'm sorry I missed you Saturday!! Next time.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 10:54 am   Permalink

Thank you Conga & Ben. Yeah, its no MerTiki. I was just validating new tools that I was introduced to recently. Awesome ease of shaping anything makes a difference.
From the electric saws I was using before to this. Wow. This is as fun as it gets. Of course, I haven't tried a Foredom so I am probably full of crap huh?

Thanks again!

McTiki

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 2:43 pm   Permalink

Passion vine with fruit!

A little over 25 inches tall

Lots of work left but I got rained out

Mahalo

McTiki

Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 4:53 pm   Permalink

oh man looking good. yes rain can suck sometimes. cant wait for more.
keep us posted man.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rodeotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 5:09 pm   Permalink

Very cool so far , and your yard looks awesome.

View Profile of rodeotiki Send a personal message to rodeotiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 8:28 pm   Permalink

McTiki,

It looks like you have a wild one on your hands. He looks hungry! I can't wait to see where you take him. Great start on this guy!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation