FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Tiki Carving » » McTiki ** New pics 02/03 New Mask!!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
McTiki ** New pics 02/03 New Mask!!!
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-10 07:52 am   Permalink

Nice progress on that lono!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-10 4:36 pm   Permalink

I'm starting to appreciate the pine! Mahalo

Thanks TikiGap

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-11 05:07 am   Permalink

Way to go McTiki! So, was this your first go at that pine? Does Gary have you hooked Do you prefer a harder wood to the palm? I'm sure this guy will be in great company with your mermaids and Tang. Nice job!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-11 10:32 am   Permalink

Thats a fine addition to bar. I wouldn't mind sippin a cocktail next to this guy!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-11 1:02 pm   Permalink

Nice work, I like the delicate piercing on the head-dress, and the contrast on the eyes looks great! What's up next?

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-11 8:30 pm   Permalink

That is a very nice finished Lono Mc. I'm workin' on the drawings for my Tiki jack-o-lanterns that I'm doin on two foam pumpkins. I'll post pics.

...Castaway on the Isle of Life...

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 3:25 pm   Permalink

GMAN: I certainly prefer carving substance vs powder yes. I'll find out soon how I'm likin the White pine!

Aloha: Thanks and we are always open for ya! (I mean that!)

Paipo: Thank you for admiring my crude interpretation of what you masterfully carve with ease. Mahalo!

Isle: Thank you. Now show us the drawings! Oh and don't just allocate your budding techniques to vegatables either! Turn one of those logs loose!

Thanks for the props. Much inspired by all of you.

Well I have moved on to the white Pine Log Tiki G brought me. I had contemplated in both libation and in sobriety what to make of it, or what to release!
I made some basic templates from 1/8th in. plywood and applied them.

And of course, the Friday evening shot of McTiki’s

Mahalo

McTiki

[ This Message was edited by: McTiki 2006-10-13 15:27 ]

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 3:32 pm   Permalink

Looking good MCTiki. "bout time you did some work there.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 11:43 pm   Permalink

Awesome yard/bar and kickass tikis! Keep up the great carvings.

ST

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-15 7:46 pm   Permalink

Thanks Ben! Thanks ST!

The White pine rocks! It's like butter!

I'll post when I am confident. It's comin along.

Mahalo!

Tiki G...We gotta talk!

McTiki

Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-15 8:54 pm   Permalink

You sir, are on fire! They Lono looks great and the outlined pieces will be interesting to watch as they emerge. I guess there is an abundant supply of that white pine down there? My only experience with it was at Coon-Tiki. It's interesting to see how you are experimenting with laying down the outlines in different ways. Sharpie or spray paint & stencil - which is working best for you? I'm always curious about everyones methods!

Cheers, Mc!

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-15 9:22 pm   Permalink

Interesting way to see the form before carving..

Great looking backyard! The fountain looks great now with all the folliage surrounding it- a nice piece of paradise.

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IsleConch
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 09:24 am   Permalink

Hey Mc...the template effects looks good as it is... But I'm sure it'll look better when you put your carve on. I'm really tryin' to get these pumpkin carvins goin, but I've been distracted. Gotta get goin b-4 Halloween.

Oh ..and that retreat is just gorgeous..your foliage has really filled in..how do you do it??

[ This Message was edited by: IsleConch 2006-10-16 09:28 ]

View Profile of IsleConch Send a personal message to IsleConch  Email IsleConch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki G.
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 10:10 am   Permalink

Coolio. So you are liking the white pine eh? Let's see some pics if you can stop long enough to take a few!

Sent you an e-mail to jstirish.

View Profile of Tiki G. Send a personal message to Tiki G.  Email Tiki G. Goto the website of Tiki G.     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-16 10:17 am   Permalink

I'm curious.. where does one go, to get white pine in SFL? My neighbor cut down a pine tree in his yard and was almost arrested for it (pines are protected in SFL).

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation