FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki So who else got the unsolicited "Polynesian Paintings by Louis Behan" email?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
So who else got the unsolicited "Polynesian Paintings by Louis Behan" email?
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-27 9:11 pm   Permalink

On 2006-07-27 20:31, hewey wrote:
Folks mass emailing SPAM be asking for a mouthful.

Is that a threat of physical violence? If so, bring it, you're dealing with the Koalaman. I'll put more than a shrimp on your proverbial barbie, mate.

We got a whole section of TC dedicated to selling stuff - use it like everyone else!

A whole section? That is about right.

Reading is fun,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-07-28 12:16 am   Permalink

Thanks for the sample pic, midnite.

GROG

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 06:01 am   Permalink

The general, and maybe specific if you talk to a few hosting companies, rule on spam is that you get one shot at unsolicited email and you should put instructions on there to opt out. If you don't opt out, you are not being spammed. If they don't offer a way to not get any more emails, and they email again, they are a spammer.

This does not hold for email sent by bots and virus spammers, etc. But that stuff will usually get caught by diligent anti-spam filters and you should know the difference.

These are examples of unsolicited emails, but that does not equal spam, yet.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 10:08 am   Permalink

GROG wrote:
Thanks for the sample pic, midnite.

You're welcome Grog. Because I like you, here's a couple more. These two are my favorites from the selection appearing in the email solicitation. The second one is a bit out of focus, but one sees the expertise in the medium this artist had, really good stuff.

Some of the other subject matter, American Indians and animals, are done just as well, but are not as interesting to me. The two above are very similar to the one that sold on eBay a while ago. I think it went for more than a grand. The wahine pieces with tikis will be popular, but I balked at the seller's pricing structure.

Great work, the talent is obvious. Plus, there's bewbies.

Some folks are making a whole list,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 5:58 pm   Permalink

I apologize I am guilty of this infraction as well. I honestly never thought of it as "Spamming".

I have been a member of TC since 2003 have met many of of the TC Ohana and have sold hundreds of pieces to them. I don't have the time to post much anymore and thought I would reach some of the newer members.

As Swanky said I did put an unsubscribe opt on the email. A lot of the members of TC are already on my mailing list anyhow. I had three people unsubscribe and at the same time I made many new contacts.

No one had a real problem with this email but one person. His nice email goes against all that the TC family and the Aloha Spirit is about in my opinion.

Thanks Tikigap for this nice message:
"I don't appreciate your bullshit spam - stealing addresses from the tiki centrral website - you are lower than flounder shit."

As my email said "reply with unsubscribe" would have been sufficient.

Sorry if I bothered anyone.
Sincerely
Scott (Flounder) Scheidly

www.flounderart.com

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 6:34 pm   Permalink

Midnight - I put my email address on TC so my mates like Rodeo can email pics of his mates mini truck he just painted, that he doesnt want to share with everyone on TC, or other similar personal emails.

I dont know why you're attacking me personally, I never abused or threatened you. I just disagreed with what you said.

I can handle getting a similar email from Flounder because:
1 - Unsubscribe option
2 - I already am familiar with him and his work. I know hes not just profit focused - hes a tiki nut just like us, with an established TC record etc.
2 - I have commented favourably a number of times on Flounders art. I can understand him thinking "hewey likes my art, but has commented on how he wishes he could afford one. I will email him to let him know I have some more budget prints"

This other guy did none of this. Thats the difference. And even then, I didnt send him an abusive email calling him lower than shit.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-07-28 9:45 pm   Permalink

Those ARE nice paintings. Thanks again midnite.

Cheers------GROG

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-07-28 9:54 pm   Permalink

GROG would like to apologize for the unsolicited
pic of GROG raising a mug to fellow TC members.

GROG's favorite toast: Heres' to you, and here's to
me, and if ever we disagree, then f**k you and here's
to me!

Now off to Taix to see King Kukulele andCrazy Al.
First round on GROG.

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-28 10:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-07-28 21:54, GROG wrote:
GROG would like to apologize for the unsolicited
pic of GROG raising a mug to fellow TC members.

GROG's favorite toast: Heres' to you, and here's to
me, and if ever we disagree, then f**k you and here's
to me!

Now off to Taix to see King Kukulele andCrazy Al.
First round on GROG.

Did GROG catch a BUZZ at POKER NIGHT??

Or, Did GROG LOSE @ Poker Night?

Love Y'arrrr!! Burn't toast!!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 12:06 am   Permalink

Those ARE nice paintings. Thanks again midnite.

Cheers------GROG

Cheers to you, Grog. I have been dismayed at the wanton personal insults hurled at me on this thread and through other means. It has been quite disappointing to say the least. I must admit my first reaction was to take this up with a higher authority. Perhaps, even, to show these negative nabobs exactly with whom they are dealing, i.e The Koalaman. Then, in a moment of mature reflection, I revisited the works by this fine artist and found inspiration to ignore their not so veiled threats and derogatory comments.

This fine representation of a Native Indian made me realize I will be the better man, I will not respond to their harmful comments and personal affronts. I will, like this peaceful Indian, turn the other cheek and offer the pipe of peace. Then I thought, "No!" You can take my dignity, but you're not going to bogart my best stuff, then insult my heritage and good manners. I will fight, and try to get back Manhattan, those fakockta beads they gave my people ain't worth crap.

Yet, once again, like the music that soothes the savage bewbie, this glorious art again showed me the way. As in, think of that higher power, consider what his wisdom would bring to this situation. How would "He" respond? Yes, I asked myself what would "He" do, and all I could answer was: forgive their transgressions, for they know not what they do. His guiding light shall be my steward through these tough times, he will be a beacon of righteousness and fine cocktails:

Oh Shit! That's supposed to be a picture of The Jab, not Jesus. Hardly recognized him without his signature glasses. The Jab, not the Saviour. You know, I was wondering why Dean was glowing and all. Plus, The Jab has much better clothes.

Let this be a lesson,
midnite

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 01:41 am   Permalink

That Jesus looks ike he should be wearing a muscle shirt and driving a pick-up truck!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FLOUNDERart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 05:10 am   Permalink

Nice reflection time midnite.

Somehow I feel better about life.

Praise Jab.

View Profile of FLOUNDERart Send a personal message to FLOUNDERart  Email FLOUNDERart Goto the website of FLOUNDERart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-07-29 4:56 pm   Permalink

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-04-05 10:53 am   Permalink

well, its a done deal ~ 9 of these velvets are in the hands of 3 seattle collectors of hawaiiana, oh and me. i got this one

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-05 11:03 am   Permalink

Oooo.

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation