FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Left Coast Benzart Carving Seminar.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Left Coast Benzart Carving Seminar.
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-27 4:31 pm   Permalink

In the san bernadino mnts with tiki lees right now. Will be at bali hai around 7. Please order me a mai tai.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-27 4:36 pm   Permalink

me and grog are leavin Sunland in a lil bit , You guys better not start party-in with out us or I will be carvin human flesh this weekend..see you in a few hours...kirby

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-27 10:51 pm   Permalink

Hey, They made it finally around 9:00 pm, better late then never.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 08:46 am   Permalink

We had a great time at the Bali Hai last night! It was fun seeing everyone, and a priveledge to finally meet Ben and his lovely wife Sherry. Here are a few pictures from the gathering.

Buzzy and Benzart

Benzart and Zaya

Zaya

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 7:54 pm   Permalink

Nice pictures. Well I got the Amtrak tickets, and I will be there in the morning. I can't wait to meet Benz. Actually that's the reason I am going there. I am so excited I don't know what to do.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 11:01 pm   Permalink

This is REALLY fun.

Next time I'm doing a Tiki that looks like Buzzy.

Matt Reese's place is better than Pee-Wee's Playhouse.

The carving pros are fast. They can carve anything.

Ali'i is mixing at the bar.

This should have been a 6 day event.

You should see the mugs!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 09:23 am   Permalink

Nice Pics Buzzy. Lots of fun that evening.

Matt's place is amazing! With bright tents set up in the lush tropical meadow below Matt's house and tiki lounge we were treated to a sharpenning demo by Benzart. Then with Clouseax and Yma Sumac wafting through the banana palms I was ready to bust out my new Flexcuts and tackle one of the logs I'd husked with Onatiki and Mr NoNaMe last week.

What a blast! (Moki's Hawaiian lunch was a big hit too! Mmmmm Kaluha pork!!!)

After a long day of carving my first real tiki ever, with lots of helpful advise from Tiki Diablo, Bosko and his son (a real chip off the old log) and my chizel savey tent-mate Monkeyman I was able to complete my first real tiki ever dubbed "Tiki Scallopini" by Van Tiki!

With our newly carved tikis sleeping in the dark below Matt's beautiful lounge we watched an orange sunset and drank Mai Tais and Monkey pods from guest bartenders Ali'i and Monkeyman.

Oh! I almost forgot, Bosko and Tiki Diablo held a Raffel to win an opportunity to buy one of the half dozen event mugs we'd all been drooling over. I won!

I could have stayed all night dispite a loud, beligerant and shitfaced PDrake. I sure hope he didn't fall down all those stairs and break his neck. Anyhow I needed my rest for "Benzart Day"!

Today's my Benzart tutorial. I'm so nervous. I picked what many considered to be an easy hook knife template but it sure looks hard to me. I'll let you know how ith turns out... carpooling with Mr NoNaMe this morning...

[ This Message was edited by: hodadhank 2006-10-29 09:25 ]

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 4:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-29 09:23, hodadhank wrote:

I could have stayed all night dispite a loud, beligerant and shitfaced PDrake. I sure hope he didn't fall down all those stairs and break his neck!

Ooooh. Please tell more!!
------------------------------------
Pictures!?!?!

Sounds like it was Good Times for ya'll!!

Bummed we missed it. ( Damn Hukilau Cold!!!)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 4:43 pm   Permalink

more more more!!!!.... Bummed I missed it too....

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 6:10 pm   Permalink

Thank you Danny and Bosko for insight on log carving.

Thanks to Ben for the patience with those that quietly hook knifed the weekend away.

Thanks to Ona, Moki and Matt for putting on a great shindig in a perfect backyard (those long stairs were a killer when carrying a tiki).

I must congratulate all who carved this weekend. I saw incredible work all around me. Everyone who participated deserves a pat on the back.

Hodad hank kicked ass on his first ever carving....

WOW... What a nice time..... I could do this once a month with everyone. Tap Tap Tap (the sound of urethane mallets hitting chisels.)

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 6:20 pm   Permalink

Just a couple shots while I have a spare moment:

Fun's over. Back to work...

Back to the Rat Race Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 7:22 pm   Permalink

I carved a huge gash in my hand at the Oki Oki yesterday. I didn't really tell anyone at the time. I think that I should have because it seems to be really infected now and may lose the hand.

I really like my tiki. Pretty neat for a first timer. My mini came out pretty good too. Thanks Benz. Mrs. NoNaMe says "Nice to meet you and Mrs. Art."

Thanks 'Ona & Moki, Matt, and Bosko & Tiki Diablo.
I will be skinnin' logs tommorow!

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2006-10-29 19:56 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 7:45 pm   Permalink

My cameras eye is not so hot. And barely clicked any off.
Here are a few.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 7:54 pm   Permalink

edit

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2006-10-29 19:55 ]

TIKIBOSKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-29 9:11 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone, thanks to all the talented folks who came out, it’s an event I’ll never forget, looks like there are going to be 20 new Tiki carvers giving us a run for our money. Also many mahalos to Matt for hosting this at his cool pad and putting up with all the bother (having his lawn destroyed). Thanks Ric and Monica everything went off with out a hitch and great to finally met Benzart!

Here’s a few pictures of the “carve in”.

My very best alohas,
Bosko

View Profile of TIKIBOSKO Send a personal message to TIKIBOSKO  Goto the website of TIKIBOSKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation