FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Left Coast Benzart Carving Seminar.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Left Coast Benzart Carving Seminar.
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 9:30 pm   Permalink

AWESOME!! I had a great time there with everyone. What a great bunch of carvers we had, as well as our greats hosts and fellow teachers. Not namimg names, but there were some naughty ones in attendance. .............MASON ROCKS!!!!!! MVP big Al ...Al'i !!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Diablo 2006-10-30 22:28 ]

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 9:34 pm   Permalink

We'd like to thank everybody who came to the Left Coast 'Oki 'Oki. We had a great time and hope you all did too.

Benz, Diablo, Bosko & Mason....you guys rock!!!

And Sherry. Thanks for all the help in the kitchen and making sure there were no "nutz" in the desert

Matt, 'Ona & Heath made countless trips up and down those steps over the last week. Feel the burn boys....feel the burn.

I can't believe it's over already. Going back to work today sucked!! I missed listening to the sounds of mallets hitting the chisels.

I can't to see more pictures and I really want to see everybody post their tiki's. You should all be very proud. They all looked great!!

Here are a few pictures.....
Left Coast 'Oki 'Oki

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 08:48 am   Permalink

Just wanted to post a pic of the war club Tikimecula gave me at the 'Oki 'Oki. Thanks again!

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 08:50 am   Permalink

Yesterday was chilly and dark on Mission Beach as if Benz and Sherry took the sun back to the Sunshine State with them. What a beautiful weekend we all had!

Thanks for all the great photos, guys and gals and one more glimpse of paradise.

This afternoon I begin to husk tiki # 2 ... I wonder how many of my neighbors will look out the window trying to spot the woodpecker!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kirby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 09:15 am   Permalink

I HAD A GREAT TIME TOO..It was a dream come true to spend some quality carvin time with benz.
Diablo and bosko's talent,amaze me and I appreciate all the tips.
Reese, your the man , you have a great pad and your an awesome host.Hopfuly we can hang again soon...
Moki and Ona, thanks for lettin us crash at your pad.You guys did an awsome job with everything..
I also had a great time hangin with all the fellow carvers,besides GROG. After putting up with Grog's nightmarish snoring and white nuckle driving, I will have to take a short stint in a mental clinic, then hopfuly I can get back to carving...
Fun times had buy all for sure...kirby

View Profile of kirby Send a personal message to kirby  Email kirby Goto the website of kirby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-31 09:19 am   Permalink

Kirbs, you needed the mental clinic long before this event.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 09:24 am   Permalink

Hey gang,

What an amazing time! As an old time TCer, I gotta say that this was my favorite event. There was so much creativity and positive energy flowing throughout the weekend and everyone was so cool.

Many mahalos to Matt and his family for opening up their Hale to everyone. Your hut rocks! Also thanks to Moki and Ric for organizing and to all the hosts for the ono food and grog. Once again, Al's magic mixology did not disappoint.

It was an honor to finally meet Benzart and his lovely wife after a long year exchanging good wishes. You are even more gracious in person and I feel lucky that I had the chance to learn from you.
It was also great to learn from the other masters, Tiki Diablo, Bosko and his son, Mason who has more carving knowledge now than I could ever dream of. The kid is strong too! Mahalo for lugging my Tiki up those stairs -- I think you saved me a few more good years by doing so.

I was lucky enough to win the raffle for the Flexcut chisels and I promise to put them to good use -- on the wood and not my hand next time. Thanks, Tiki-Kate, Mieko and Benzart for cleaning me up after slicing my finger. Good thing Tiki-Kate knows her first aid.

I enjoyed carving with you all and hope we meet again sometime. Here are few pix I took.

Benzart schools Tiki Diablo

Inside the Lava Flow Lounge

Tina checks my work in progress

Benzart certified!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 11:23 am   Permalink

Well, I'm finally awake a little bit after a Roaring weekend in San Diego. Again, Thanks to All who were there and who helped make this the best weekend ever! Once again when the chisels and knives came out, it was All Work and everyone really got down to business. I could not believe the excellent "first" tikis from all the folks who had never carved before, what a Tremendous effort by everyone. I was totally exausted!
Here are some of the pictures that Sherry and I took at the event, too many to post here so in a Shutterfly album.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 12:17 pm   Permalink

Those pictures really capture the essence of the event - the people, great atmosphere, the creativity and the energy. I felt like I was there all over again. Great photos, Sherry!

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 1:04 pm   Permalink

"How I Felt after 'Oki 'Oki"

Pumpkin & Hook Knife

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 1:42 pm   Permalink

Hey Benz,
I am ready for the carving. My hook knife has arrived.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 1:55 pm   Permalink

Better late than never. You can use it to hack off your gangrenous finger.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 2:44 pm   Permalink

Wow looks like a great time!
Wish we could have made it to the Bali Hai Friday night.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 4:21 pm   Permalink

such a good time! the best! everyone was RIPPING STYLE! lets do it again! here the troublesome little fella is! i still love him though! thanks everyone once again!

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sleestak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 4:22 pm   Permalink

check this sucka out! happy halloween

View Profile of sleestak Send a personal message to sleestak  Email sleestak Goto the website of sleestak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation