FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Left Coast Benzart Carving Seminar.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Left Coast Benzart Carving Seminar.
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 4:53 pm   Permalink

brings back fond memories of coontiki. compliments to the "students"...a lot of pretty fine
tikis there.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 6:53 pm   Permalink

Looking through all the pictures is so much fun! Here are mine:

http://picasaweb.google.com/miekos/LeftCoastOkiOkiByMieko

Thanks again to everyone, I'd love to do another carving get together soon!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 10:51 pm   Permalink

I am so incredibly, ridiculously, insanely, monumentally jealous of all you lucky so-and-sos that got to go to the LC 'oki 'oki. Hopefully Danny, Bosko and Ben put some a dat mojo into the chisels I lent Grog. Y'all did beeeeutiful work!!!

And double damn! I also missed a ride in Hodad's Potting Shed!!!!

ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 06:49 am   Permalink

Thanks everyone for an amazing weekend. There is really nothing else I've ever been too that could compare to 25 people all getting along and choppin wood together.

Thanks to the host Matt, to the carving teachers Diablo, Bosko and son, and Benzart...and to everyone. Had a great time and want to know where to send my money to reserve my spot for next time!! It was great to see 25 different tikis all take shape at the same time. Now it's time to go order some new tools!!! woooohoooooooooo

-clys

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 11:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-31 22:51, squid wrote:
...And double damn! I also missed a ride in Hodad's Potting Shed!!!!

http://www.netwalk.com/~truegger/ftrh/hey-bud.au

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-01 4:53 pm   Permalink

Mahalo all for a great time! 2 days of carvin' with Benzart, diablo and bosko (with mason keeping up with our corny jokes and giving carving advice) at Matts beautiful tiered abode...with Moki/matt's great cooking...doesn't get much better than that. We're doing ait agian this weekend, right?

and matt...that anamatronic chimp-in-a-barrel REALLY freaked me out the first time I walked by it.

THanks everyone for posting pictures!

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2006-11-02 09:44 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 9:03 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately I didnt finish mine during the event like some other speed carvers. This is what it looks like so far.

I will finish it this weekend.
I had the BEST time creating with other artisans.

I would do it every month !!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2006-11-01 21:04 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-02 08:30 am   Permalink

That looks great. Always one of my favorite designs.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-02 11:59 am   Permalink

matt , thanks for the hospitality . . . we both had a great time . call me sometime and come see what I've done with th ehouse the last few years , I think you'll be inpressed !

everyone else , it was great meeting new friends and tiki nuts . I had a blast and learned a LOT . . .

=mike=

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-02 12:11 pm   Permalink

There it is! Monkeyman... that's some hot stuff right there. Great job. Love that tiki.

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-03 2:11 pm   Permalink

here's how mine turned out

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-03 6:13 pm   Permalink

Okay, I'm seriously bummed and it's totally my fault. I did a cursory review of new posts on the thread after it was sold out. Sour grapes and all, so I didn't notice that there were a few cancellations, etc.

I would have loved to participate in this event. Next time, I'm signing in a flash, put myself on a waiting list, or just show up and beg, beg, beg!

Although, I'm completely and utterly jealous, I'm glad everyone had a great time.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-03 7:43 pm   Permalink

we dont need an event to do this..

We just need someones backyard...

I am happy to impart what little I know about carving to anyone who wants to spend the day carving wiith me.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-03 8:32 pm   Permalink

MM this is true...

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-03 9:01 pm   Permalink

I'm in....

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation