FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Left Coast Benzart Carving Seminar.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Left Coast Benzart Carving Seminar.
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 9:04 pm   Permalink

Ben did you decide where this is going to happen?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 9:05 pm   Permalink

Ben did you decide where this is going to happen?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 9:07 pm   Permalink

Oops how is that possible????twice....I didn't do it... I swear I didn't do nothin....Ayyyyyy...

Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-07 9:20 pm   Permalink

Hey all,
Here are the official West Coast Carving Seminar details.

Dates: October 28th & 29th, 2006.
Instructors: Benzart, Tiki Diablo & Bosko.
Cost $125.00 per person

What you'll get: Two days of instruction, lunch, snacks, beverages & a commemorative t-shirt. You will also be provided a two foot log for your carving pleasure, but you will need to bring your own chisels (BYOC) and a carving stand if you have one.

The event will be limited to 25 carvers. First come, first served. Payment will be required in advance. No reservations will be held without payment. You can pay by check, money order or PayPal. If paying by PayPal, a $4 fee will be added to offset PayPal fees. We'll send you an invoice. If you'd like to mail in your payment, please PM me for mailing address.

San Diego has many lodging options available depending upon your budget. We'd be happy to suggest a few. (Lodging & travel are not included)

We are really looking forward to putting this event together. This may be your one chance to learn from the pro's and have all three together at once.

If you have any further questions, please post here or drop us a PM.
Hope to see you all there.
Moki

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-08 8:21 pm   Permalink

...but you will need to bring your own chisels (BYOC)... is it BYOBA (bring your own band-aids) also?

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-09 08:07 am   Permalink

?????

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 05:18 am   Permalink

What is not working with this seminar? Anyone have any ideas to make it work?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 07:14 am   Permalink

Ben I would love to go but it is too far for me. Somewhere in between San Fernando and San Diego would be closer.

GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-10 08:33 am   Permalink

Like my realtor likes to emphasize," Location, location location".

I love San Diego, but it's a bit of a drive and the 405 and 5 going South on a Friday SUCKS!!!!! GROG live just above Los Angeles, and I'm sure there are a number of people in the LA area and up to San Francisco who would like to go, but San Diego is just North of Mexico.Gas is around $3.20 a gallon out here.GROG propose it be located nearer LA so that it's more centrally located between San Diego and San Francisco, so that more people will have the opportunity to make it.

Just GROG's two cents.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 08:49 am   Permalink

I know not everyone here has kids, so it's a non issue for them. But for those of us that do the dates could be a problem. Since Halloween falls on a weekday (Teusday) this year, most people celebrate (attend or throw parties) the weekend before Halloween. Just bringing up a point that might be an issue for some. I've already told my little one Halloween is getting kicked to the curb this year...sorry Sonny but Momma's get'n her some carvin learnin by Benzart!

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 08:52 am   Permalink

Grog Right! San Deigo is quite a poke for me also. Also, October marks the start of my families birthday season with holiday season falling in line right after. So that added to the cost of gas, lodgings, etc make for a spendy trip at a time of the year when my fun coupons are usually runnin' low. It sounds like a great gig and I would love to be a part of it. But at this point to many factors are holdin' me back.
Good luck!!!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 5:59 pm   Permalink

I'm in... and I'll try to bring enough band-aids for everyone. Well, at least for the people like me who, you know, can't go a day without getting at least one small cut somewhere.

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-10 7:02 pm   Permalink

I'm in, but i do agree with grog that san diego is tough to get to for some of us, and it is halloween weekend. i'm sure there is a good reason for san diego (like transporting 25 logs ), but you'd probably get more responses from a los angeles venue. i know it would save me a couple hundred greenbacks....

so who do we pay and are there any recommendations for specific tools?

thanx,
aaron

View Profile of TikiKIrby Send a personal message to TikiKIrby  Email TikiKIrby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-10 7:52 pm   Permalink

Sweet!!! I wanna go. San Diego is perfect in the fall and I'm getting chisels for my birthday! (or maybe a Little Feet box set... but the chisels would definitely be better for the seminar. Yep.)Check's in the mail Moki!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-11 10:03 am   Permalink

The train ride to San Diego isn't bad, plus you can drink while somebody else drives. I'm sure Nicktiki would probably be willing to lend out a room in exchange for diaper changing services.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation