FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Left Coast Benzart Carving Seminar.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 )
Left Coast Benzart Carving Seminar.
tiki5-0
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 08:57 am   Permalink

WOW MM!!! that is an AWESOME looking tiki! i've always loved your frames, but this guy it too cool!! i agree with grog, the chisel marks give it a cool look. it makes him look like he's been around for a while. great job!!

View Profile of tiki5-0 Send a personal message to tiki5-0  Email tiki5-0 Goto the website of tiki5-0     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 09:33 am   Permalink

Thanks 5-0, Teakey and Grog.

Ever since seeing many of Geckos pieces with the chiseled finish its been one of my favorites. Helps make him a little more crusty lookin.

I sometimes like the look when I lightly sand the piece after the chisel finish cause the sand paper only removes color from the high points which further draws attention to the chisel finish.

Oki Oki? IM not sure what that means but It was my homage to the name of the event

Left Coast Oki Oki.

I really enjoyed creating something this big (compared to all that ridiculous tiny stuff I do).

Big props to ALL who participated....

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 11:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-20 07:33, teaKEY wrote:
What is the meaning to the word Oki Oki.

According to an online Hawaiian dictionary I used, the translation for 'Oki'Oki is "chop".

Seemed appropriate and so much fun to say too

MM, another great job.

I'm loving seeing the finished projects. Keep posting your pictures guys!!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-20 2:50 pm   Permalink

Hey Carvers,
The carving seminar is a great idea and should have happened on the West Coast years ago
Tiki Diablo had been toying with the idea for a few years and I featured live carving at Tiki Oasis 2 but a real seminar is long overdue

I am also working on a concept to bring a carving expo to Tiki Oasis 7. It would have to be free and open to the public for viewing. But I'd like to sign up a wide variety of carvers and I'd like to gather thoughts on how we could make it happen and get the logs there for free.

This has little bearing on the Carving Seminar that you speak of except for the fact that we could cross promote the two events

Please let me know your thoughts. Should I start a new thread or should we go offline with this discussion?

cheers, Otto

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 3:51 pm   Permalink

Hey, I'd suggest your carving expo be free to participate in to anybody with an Oasis Pass, and open to anybody who wants to watch. All you'd need is a big parking lot area and a lot of cheap carving stands.

It's great watching a pro chop, but there is absolutely nothing like doing it with them.

The logs could be free (how???) or San Diego log hounds could supply them for cheap; 10-50.00 per log, depending on size?

Just schedule a demo or two a day with the pro carvers attending the Oasis, they could bring already completed examples to show off, and do hands-on chopping.

Jeez, Otto, yer gonna have every wacked-out Tiki carver on Earth there anyway, go to it!

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 5:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-20 14:50, Otto wrote:
Hey Carvers,
The carving seminar is a great idea and should have happened on the West Coast years ago
Tiki Diablo had been toying with the idea for a few years and I featured live carving at Tiki Oasis 2 but a real seminar is long overdue

I am also working on a concept to bring a carving expo to Tiki Oasis 7. It would have to be free and open to the public for viewing. But I'd like to sign up a wide variety of carvers and I'd like to gather thoughts on how we could make it happen and get the logs there for free.

This has little bearing on the Carving Seminar that you speak of except for the fact that we could cross promote the two events

Please let me know your thoughts. Should I start a new thread or should we go offline with this discussion?

cheers, Otto

I'd start a new thread, Otto. I'm sure you'll get a ton of valuable input from people who know how to pull off something like this.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 12:57 pm   Permalink

why is this thread being voted cool and current now?

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-05 6:13 pm   Permalink

I don't know??

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation