FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Left Coast Benzart Carving Seminar.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
Left Coast Benzart Carving Seminar.
VonTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-14 12:04 am   Permalink

Where do I sign? I'm in, especially since I can drive this time!!Can you give me more details like where to send $$$$ ?

View Profile of VonTiki Send a personal message to VonTiki  Email VonTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-08-14 06:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-13 22:24, Polynesiac wrote:
I would LOVE to do the 1/2 carved pendant, that looked like a BLAST!
Are the hook knifes you posted good ones or just inexpensive ones?...

I thought the Warren Cutlery Hook Knives were quite good - I use mine all the time. The blades are cheap enough that I usualy just sharpen them a couple of times, then toss 'em and replace them with new ones. I'd suggest buy a set or two of new blades at the same time you buy the set Benz suggests.

I "think" these are the right blades (Ben?):

at
www.warrencutlery.com Online Store:

Part 8-B - Detail Carving Blade (sold in packages of 3)
Blade specifications: 5/16" wide x 2 1/4" long, semi straight shape( 2" radius). .030 thick. Hollow ground on inside curve to a Razor-edge.High carbon Tool steel- hardened and double tempered to Rockwell 60 C scale. Excellent detail blade easy to resharpen with a diamond.
Price: $3.28

I also suggest having Benz set up the 1/2 carves like he did for us at CoonTiki - that was very helpful (plus you get to take an original Benzart home, albeit only 1/2 of one!).

Have a blast! I know you will!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 06:42 am   Permalink

The hook knives I posted are from Warren tools and Cutlery and they are the Best. I Might just get a bunch and let you guys buy them from me, thatway I know everyone will have the right stuff. Good Idea??
For you still needing info Here it is:
"Hey all,
Here are the official West Coast Carving Seminar details.

Dates: October 28th & 29th, 2006.
Instructors: Benzart, Tiki Diablo & Bosko.
Cost $125.00 per person
What you'll get: Two days of instruction, lunch, snacks, beverages & a commemorative t-shirt. You will also be provided a two foot log for your carving pleasure, but you will need to bring your own chisels (BYOC) and a carving stand if you have one.

The event will be limited to 25 carvers. First come, first served. Payment will be required in advance. No reservations will be held without payment. You can pay by check, money order or PayPal. If paying by PayPal, a $4 fee will be added to offset PayPal fees. We'll send you an invoice. If you'd like to mail in your payment, please PM me for mailing address.

San Diego has many lodging options available depending upon your budget. We'd be happy to suggest a few. (Lodging & travel are not included)

We are really looking forward to putting this event together. This may be your one chance to learn from the pro's and have all three together at once.

If you have any further questions, please post here or drop us a PM.
Hope to see you all there.
Moki"

[ This Message was edited by: Benzart 2006-08-14 06:47 ]

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 08:14 am   Permalink

hopefully the lodging will be near the seminar. i'm only familiar with the gaslamp district, so hopefully the locals can help us get around.

xtra large, moki.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-14 11:12 am   Permalink

Thanks ben and tikigap! I'll be sure to pick some up before the seminar!

can't wait!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-08-14 12:42 pm   Permalink

Hey Nicktiki,

If GROG do diaper duty, you'll have to remind GROG which end is up; it's been a long time since GROG changed diapers. Seems to GROG if you put diapers on the topside, that'll keep the kid quieter, so that you don't have to listen to all that crying that babies are wont to do.

Moki, gotta send you check. GROG want to carve.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-08-14 6:26 pm   Permalink

GROG has already purchased the most important thing GROG will need for this carving seminar.

Now GROG just need to find some chisels.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 6:41 pm   Permalink

We're starting to fill up fast!!

If you're on the fence about coming for this, you better make a decision quick, before it's full.

It's going to be a great weekend!!

View Profile of Moki Send a personal message to Moki  Email Moki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Davez_tikiz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 8:35 pm   Permalink

I'm in!!!

View Profile of Davez_tikiz Send a personal message to Davez_tikiz  Email Davez_tikiz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-08-15 09:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

Does anyone want the half carved lesson?

aaaaa yes please!!!
i'd love to learn about carving anything... except pumpkins. wait, strike that it will be halloween, pumpkins too!!!!!

in fact how about Halloween TikiChop for a name....

aaron

View Profile of TikiKIrby Send a personal message to TikiKIrby  Email TikiKIrby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-15 2:46 pm   Permalink

How about this.....

The Halloween Haole HakaTiki Hodown....anyone...anyone....?

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-17 8:34 pm   Permalink

man if i could only afford the trip down there i would DEFINATELY be there. but i cannot.

so if there is ever any kind of get together in canada or near the border email or pm me cause ill come.

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-19 08:13 am   Permalink

The correct hook blades to get from Warren Cutlery are the #10 as the other hooks are quite different. They work but not as well.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-21 09:52 am   Permalink

Ah! Just as I suspected! I'll be in Hawaii during that time, so everyone will have to have fun without me. Shouldn't be too hard I expect. Sorry I'm going to miss out! Have fun guys!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-21 7:39 pm   Permalink

Sorry you won't be with us, but if I had the choice, I think The Islands would win out over carving any day.
I received all the wood for the lessons today. How many of you coming are "Lefties" because for you guyz I will carve the side you would not normally carve the best , the right side. Please let me know which side you want carved. Thanks. I will carve 1 per person, so I need to know who all is coming.
THANKS,Benzart

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation