FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki NEW FEATURE: Tiki Central now has image uploading!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
NEW FEATURE: Tiki Central now has image uploading!
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 10:04 am   Permalink

But what about the bandwidth? Won't this cause lots of expense to Tiki Central?

Swank Blather
- Talkin' atcha

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2006-08-02 10:04 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 10:21 am   Permalink

OK, I'll try again, this time with a snapshot from a Franciscan monastery church that I shot a scene for a TV movie in. This one of two Catholic reliquaries of saints in there, a skeleton covered head to toe in gold and precious stones.

This amazing find proves to me that the Melanesian ancestor worship custom of decorating skulls with shells and beads was not so "pagan" after all. Wonder if any of the many missionaries ever noticed that parallel, these type of relics were not uncommon in the Catholic Church.

It did it! Yeah Hanford, you damn' genius!

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2006-08-02 10:45 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 10:26 am   Permalink

Wonderful addition to Tiki Central! Thank you!

Mai Kai Powder Room

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 10:32 am   Permalink

Full on ZAZZ and very cool!!! Thanks Hanford, that is awesome!!

It took a few trys because It kept stallin' out on me. Once I changed the name from the generic number file name from my camera to a text name, it uploaded in a few short seconds. I too was uploading from a Mac powerbook G4.

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio 2006-08-02 10:33 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chub
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 10:48 am   Permalink

I like this much better. By the way, if anyone has an old wood boat like this that they want to get rid of, let me know!

View Profile of Chub Send a personal message to Chub  Goto the website of Chub     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 10:52 am   Permalink

Oh boy, I wanna try again! This time with an alternate proposal for a new Kon Tiki Montreal menu cover. Let's see if anyone guesses were this happened..?

Hey, this is fun! OK ok, I'll stop now

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 10:59 am   Permalink

Thanks Hanford! Much easier!

Tiki Central makes me feel like a child again!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aikiman44
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 11:21 am   Permalink

These are pictures from the 8th Annual Dr Jay's Oceanside Youth Triathlon, for 7-14 year olds, a benefit for cystic fibrosis. This year we re-designed the t-shirt and now it's the Tiki Tri. That's my wahini, Audrey, on the left, my daughter's friend Nadia on the right, and moi, at the beginning of the race. Not looking happy because there were a couple of sprinkles, but they went away in 5 minutes and the weather was fine. The kids had a great time. Next year, maybe commemorative mugs?

[ This Message was edited by: aikiman44 2006-08-02 11:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: aikiman44 2006-08-02 11:30 ]

View Profile of aikiman44 Send a personal message to aikiman44  Email aikiman44 Goto the website of aikiman44     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2006-08-02 12:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It looks like it's going to be a useful addition. And it only took us six years to get!
Quote:
On 2006-08-02 10:04, Swanky wrote:
But what about the bandwidth? Won't this cause lots of expense to Tiki Central?

Disk space is more of a concern than bandwidth, but we should be fine on both counts.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 12:30 pm   Permalink

Hanford,

When uploading, in the "Browse" window, is there a way to pull the JPEG target off a web site rather than off your hard drive? I tried pasting in a shutterfly JPEG web target, but it didn't work.

It would be nice to convert some of my "Shutterfly hosted" images into "TC hosted" images. I've often wondered what would happen if shutterfly ever shut down or decided to cancel non-paying or inactive accounts.

Really now, how many of us actually buy prints from shutterfly?!!

A-A

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 12:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-02 10:52, bigbrotiki wrote:
Let's see if anyone guesses were this happened..?

Hey, this is fun! OK ok, I'll stop now

I know -- Bosko's workshop garage! (I happened to drop by there one weekend while he was in the middle of carving all the stuff for Mr. Tiki)...

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 12:54 pm   Permalink

this is helpful to me because the new websense software we implemented here at work prevents me from seeing shutterfly hosted images.

Thanks

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 1:13 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tyger jymmy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-02 1:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much I could never get images loaded .

View Profile of tyger jymmy Send a personal message to tyger jymmy  Email tyger jymmy Goto the website of tyger jymmy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2006-08-02 1:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2006-08-02 12:30, Aaron's Akua wrote:
When uploading, in the "Browse" window, is there a way to pull the JPEG target off a web site rather than off your hard drive?

Not currently. Your best bet is to save the shutterfly image to your computer (right-click and choose "save image as" on Windows), then re-upload it on Tiki Central. That might take longer, but once it's done it's done, and you won't need to do that for new photos.

Implementing upload-from-web is significantly trickier than what we are currently doing.

And a bit of trivia: the reason Shutterfly became the Tiki Central standard was because at the time hard drive space was at a premium for Tiki Central, there were no good free photo-hosting sites like there are today, and Mig worked at Shutterfly at the time and so we had an inside guy working there who would help us out and get us discounts on prints, etc. Wow, times have changed.

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation