FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Forbidden Island: Sunday Super Sale Sept. 24th! DETAILS PG 3!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Forbidden Island: Sunday Super Sale Sept. 24th! DETAILS PG 3!
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 9:18 pm   Permalink

Yay!! I can finally get my hands on a Tiki Magazine mug without paying through my nostrils on evilBay!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-26 11:58 pm   Permalink

FINALLY!!! A local show that we don't have to drive 1000's of miles to get to!
So, it's finally offical.... Dr.TikiMojo's TIKI HUNTER will be a vendor at the event!
Oh, we do LOVE Forbidden Island!
In our ever expanding collection of fun things for your home, Tiki Bar, garden, whatever, we will have a variety of Tiki - Small Bar Top Guardians to 3 footer's and maybe even a very cool new carver with some 6 FOOT WAY COOL TIKI from SoCal, (I jus gots to drive the Tiki Cruiser another 1400 miles round trip first to pick da suckers up!).
We carry Hawaiian style shirts and some REAL HAWAIIAN Vintage shirts, fish floats, masks, Tiki necklaces in a variety of styles, some one of a kind metal sculpture Tiki wall sconce and representing several artists including
Jimmy Gonzalez of Fins and Flames
and
GECKO of South Sea Arts of Hawaii.
To name just a few for now....hopefully, we will provide you with many happy surprises....we do have some big ticket items and will be set up to take credit cards with our wireless POS system!
So shop like a bunch of Rum Crazy Apes!!

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-27 08:56 am   Permalink

If there will be a representative of Munktiki at this event, they should bring some Fugu mugs (regular style) for sell. I bought a couple of the green ones about a year ago, and get comments all the time at my parties. Since there seems to be a "watchful eye" on the wonderfully colored ones at FI, I bet there would be a killing at the sale! I'd even like to see the other colors available, too!

Sounds like a really cool event in the making, Martiki! Can't wait!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr.TikiMojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-30 2:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-27 08:56, tikiwinebear wrote:
a representative of Munktiki at this event, they should bring some Fugu mugs (regular style) for sell.

- Myke

Well, Myke you asked and Dr.TikiMojo listens. I contacted the good folks at Munktiki to see what I could do to keep the drunken villagers from walking off with all the Forbidden Island Fugu's and unfortunately they are out and will be for a couple of months!:-(
The inside word is that there will be a change to the Fugu's sold on the site to make them look just like the ones used at Forbidden Island!:-)

Any other requests?
We leave for SoCal next week to load up on Tiki's and art.

View Profile of Dr.TikiMojo Send a personal message to Dr.TikiMojo  Email Dr.TikiMojo Goto the website of Dr.TikiMojo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-31 12:06 pm   Permalink

Very good news if it comes to fruition, Thanks Dr. TikiMojo!!

Quote:

On 2006-08-30 14:23, Dr.TikiMojo wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-08-27 08:56, tikiwinebear wrote:
a representative of Munktiki at this event, they should bring some Fugu mugs (regular style) for sell.

- Myke

Well, Myke you asked and Dr.TikiMojo listens. I contacted the good folks at Munktiki to see what I could do to keep the drunken villagers from walking off with all the Forbidden Island Fugu's and unfortunately they are out and will be for a couple of months!:-(
The inside word is that there will be a change to the Fugu's sold on the site to make them look just like the ones used at Forbidden Island!:-)

Any other requests?
We leave for SoCal next week to load up on Tiki's and art.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-13 2:25 pm   Permalink

el bumpo

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-09-13 11:27 pm   Permalink

Just to clear up any confusion, there will be NO FUGU MUGS FOR SALE at this event.

However, the list of vendors is spectacular- I will post an update soon, so stay tuned. Plus, the rodeo clowns.

It's gonna be a hell of a day!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-14 10:30 am   Permalink

I was so excited about this event that I showed up a whole MONTH early!!

but alas, I will be out of town in Hawaii that weekend...

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-14 1:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-13 23:27, martiki wrote:
Just to clear up any confusion, there will be NO FUGU MUGS FOR SALE at this event.

My heart is broken! Broken I say!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 6:06 pm   Permalink

IN.
OH BOY Rodeo clowns!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-09-18 6:12 pm   Permalink

Here you go!!!

Aloha!

Heads up! Just a reminder that the Spectacular Sunday Super Sale is THIS SUNDAY, September 24th from 3 to 7pm. We will host vendors from around California showcasing a fantastic array of collectible & vintage tiki, Hawaiiana, rockabilly, and mid-century modern goods. The sale will feature original art, collectable mugs and décor, vintage aloha & rockabilly clothes, vinyl, furniture, and much more. We’ll also be offering drink specials and a few surprises. Take a look at our incredible line-up of vendors:

Retro Diva (www.retrodiva.com) & Icon Vintage Clothing– Four BIG racks of beautiful vintage clothing for men and women from Melissa and Beckie!

The Art of Chongolio (www.lost-isle.com) – Santa Cruz’s own Chongolio will bring a huge selection of his famous art, carvings, and much more for your purchasing pleasure.

Ebay dealer supreme Tiki Vixen aka Lisa with a great collection of vintage tiki wear!

The Forbidden Island Lost Treasures Collection: Peer deep into the buried treasure of Forbidden Island, and take home something special for your hut! Including rare art and carvings from the islands and beyond: All the stuff we can’t use can be yours! Plus loads of bamboo to decorate your own little FI.

The Martiki Collection: Take home my crap! Please! Mugs, paper goods, lamps, carvings, and more! Hidden gems at low, low prices! I’m bringing FORTY VINTAGE MUGS to sell.

The Mighty Vic, AKA The Jungle Trader (www.tikijungle.com) with his original carvings, mugs and other treasures from the heart of California.

Otto Von Stroheim of Tiki News (www.tikinews.com) will be on hand to sell and sign copies of the new Tiki Art III catalog!

Suzanne, The Diva Pinup with her gorgeous hair flower accessories! (www.thedivapinup.com)

Dr. TikiMojo’s TIKI HUNTER – tiki accessories for your home, garden and more, including carvings, floats, masks, necklaces, clothes, GECKO, and some big ticket surprises!

Nick from Tiki Magazine will be on hand to sell issues, subscriptions, t-shirts, and the rare SOLD-OUT Tiki Magazine Mug from Tiki Farm! (www.tikimag.net)

The amazing Ian and Laura from Fuzzy Dude (www.fuzzydude.com) with all their groovy merchandise including jewelry, patches, trinkets, and so much more. Just you wait!

Devil Deluxe Clothing Co., with hot rod t-shirts, mugs, SHAG, purses, vintage goodies and more!

Holy Moley! Bring lots of $$$ for this one, folks- Most vendors will be cash only.
Fortunately, we have an ATM on site!

Combine all that with our famous Sunday Drink & Food specials, and you’ve got a great day on the Isle of Alameda.

See you there!

Mahalo,

Martin

Forbidden Island
1304 Lincoln Ave
Alameda, CA 94501
Direction and more:
www.forbiddenislandalameda.com

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-09-18 6:17 pm   Permalink

Oh, and as for our BIG surprise...

Well, here's a REALLY BIG HINT:

holy crap!!!

aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-18 6:29 pm   Permalink

Did you already mention - can minors go, being the parking lot and all? We're talking very very minor, I mean like a MAJOR minor.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-09-19 09:51 am   Permalink

Alas, still no dice. The lot is private property and considered part of the biz. Sorry, big man.

Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 09:59 am   Permalink

Martiki, that looks like our back yard?! You shouldn't have! What a generous birthday gift for Mai Tai. JUST Kidding. Wow that looks awesome!! Seriously though, it does look like our backyard.

I've seen that before, at a Rockabilly show I think, and it was built by someone in Fremont? Vague hazy alcohol impaired recollection. Very NICE.

Quote:

On 2006-09-18 18:17, martiki wrote:
Oh, and as for our BIG surprise...

Well, here's a REALLY BIG HINT:

holy crap!!!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation