FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Tiki Microcosms
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Microcosms
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 07:06 am   Permalink

Aloha or Servus from Bavaria,

It´s a long time ago, when I read this thread. It inspired me to create my own Tiki Microcosms.
Then I build a voodoo box out of an old first aid box, which I found in my garage.

So thanks to bigbrotiki for give me so much impulse. I hope you will enjoy the voodoo box,
with all the inhabitants and dangerous secrets. If you want to see more pictures
and read some informations about the smoking Bamboo Tikis, the magician from the "Long Ear" clan,
or about the master above "Mana" and "Taboo" please visit my TC thread.
Here
A little preview:

I was very surprised when I read about Frankenmuth. It´s too funny! Little Bavaria with all his
cliché in the USA. It´s a honor for the Bavarians, but I am happy to life in the origianl one.
bigbrotiki, I hope you will visit us soon.

Greeting, Haikai

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 09:14 am   Permalink

Thanks for posting about this creation in this microcosm thread - it is the first time I am seeing it. That is an amazing work of art - one of the best things I have seen on Tiki Central.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 2:59 pm   Permalink

Excellent craftmanship and stunning creepsmanship. Very teekee and very eeeeeveil!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-TONGA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 3:47 pm   Permalink

Incredible piece of art Haikai! Wonderfully creative with lights and all. Did you use LED's?

View Profile of TIKI-TONGA Send a personal message to TIKI-TONGA  Email TIKI-TONGA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 5:04 pm   Permalink

Yeah that is pretty neat haikai. However that door would have to have a lock on it if it was in my house. I wouldn't that Hangin doll buggah getting out and going huntin' for my head at night. Here is one I made and posted awhile back.

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 06:03 am   Permalink

Serenader's A'GO-GO ...Live at the LAVABOWL

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 07:21 am   Permalink

It looks like it´s hot at the LAVABOWL! I like the funny guy in the background with the umbrellas.

Thanks ikitnrev, Sneakytiki, TIKI-TONGA and Chongolio for your nice coments.
You are right TIKI-TONGA I used LEDs. Two white LEDs behind the bamboo pipies with the Tiki faces,
one green LED behind the bone pot and under the roof a red and a with one.

I hope this nice thread will animate some of you to post more Tiki Microcosms.

View Profile of haikai Send a personal message to haikai  Email haikai Goto the website of haikai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 7:19 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2007-02-15 07:21, haikai wrote:
It looks like it´s hot at the LAVABOWL! I like the funny guy in the background with the umbrellas.

Aloha Haikai !!! That just Gumby -
http://www.everwonder.com/david/gumby/history.html ...Sometimes, it's really hard to sleep with all the music and singing going on, not to mention the glare of the red lights coming from "DA LAVA BOWL".

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-16 07:24 am   Permalink

I really like to Voodoo Tiki box. It kind of reminds me of something that would have been in Beetlejuice.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 1:06 pm   Permalink

Bumb, I want to see more Tiki Microcosms!

haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-17 08:20 am   Permalink

Aloha!

Here I proudly present my new microcosm the "The Forbidden Paradise" display cabinet:

At the relief you can see the tiki god protecting the vulnerable and occult paradise with his shields and the wisdom of the ocean.

"Forbidden Paradise" from different views!

The shack of the inhabitants!

The tree house and the rope bridge!

You can find more pics and information at my carving thread:
Here

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-17 09:10 am   Permalink

SWEET!!!!!!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
haikai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 10:23 am   Permalink

Aloha Tiki friends,

this is the poster of my next tiki artshow in my hometown Regensburg/Germany.
The "Grand Opening show" with exotic music and drinks will start at Saturday - 7.00 pm - 3th October 2009.

Kopfkunst
Corner shop
Schwandorfer Straße 24
Lappersdorfer Straße at Regensburg

The show includes many different artworks of the last 5 years, from the first tiki to the last. I will also report about
the unforgettable impressions uring my tiki time and show two new tiki dioramas.

Perhaps one of you gals and guys will be in Germany during this time. So I would be happy to meet you at the opening show.

TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 10:34 am   Permalink

haikai -

I so wish I could be there at your opening - wishing you all the success in the world.

I love the poster art too..very reminiscent of classic magic posters of the early 20th century - any chance of me getting my hands on one of those? Let's trade!?!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-03 11:14 am   Permalink

Hai Kai ROCKS!
no if's,and's, or But's
He is the Diorama MAster!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation