FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Tiki-On-A-Budget
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 )
Tiki-On-A-Budget
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-02 5:26 pm   Permalink

Lots of great stuff here.
Thought I'd post a few of mine.
They are on my home bar post,
The Honu Hideaway

Jon

Wall display for records

Bar caddy

Above door thing

Frame

Paddle display (shoe rack end and corks)

Menu shelf

Fish trap

Stir stick display

Float net (outdoor by pool, so I used a kids toy ball)

All the how to instructions on my home bar post

Keep them coming...

Mike, did u let the chair dry before u sat in it?

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-02 8:21 pm   Permalink

Hang10tiki: You may have just solved a problem of mine. Ahhhhhhh, thank you so much!!!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-03 07:42 am   Permalink

Hale- what are ya going to make?

Go Steelers

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-03 07:55 am   Permalink

MadDogMike be sure to rub a white cloth on that chair to make sure this stain won't come off on your clothing. Sun can sometimes make it come loose later on too.

hang10tiki we are looking forward to seeing your room. It looks fabulous. Our friends want to see it too so you may have four stopping by in November.

Hale Tiki more details please.

Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-06 9:24 pm   Permalink

I've been racking my brain for what to do above my bar. I wanted to do a roof, but it just won't look right. And I wanted to do an A-frame with thatch, but again, just wouldn't look right. Upon seeing your above the door thingy, I decided that I should do an open A-frame based on a photo I have of I forget what bar right now, but that I could totally get away with it being open and not crowd the room!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-07 08:59 am   Permalink

Sweet
Take pics

Jon

diver steve

Posted: 2013-10-06 08:31 am   Permalink

mad dog hi I'm Steve from Canada ,about your chairs I remember reading a few years ago about people painting those plastic rocking horses to look like carousel horses they said they lightly flamed them with blow torch first then stained.don't know if it will apply to you though

View Profile of diver steve Send a personal message to diver steve  Email diver steve     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polly_Nesia
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-01-20 2:37 pm   Permalink

Not sure how I will use this yet, thinking it will go on our outdoor bar area when that happens, but bought the small mermaid today from Hobby Lobby. Both mermaids feel heavy and I'm thinking that they might be cast iron. The ladies are part of their Aloha Summer mdse. The small one (12.99) is hollow on the bottom, the larger lady (29.99) is solid on the bottom but suspect it's hollow inside. Went to HL's website on my iPhone and showed the 40% off coupon at the register and got the little lady for only 7.79. You can only use one coupon a day on one non-sale item. I may go back and get the larger shelf sitter lady tomorrow. She was pretty nice and a good size and for less than 18.00 I think a good deal.

[ This Message was edited by: Polly_Nesia 2014-01-20 14:46 ]

View Profile of Polly_Nesia Send a personal message to Polly_Nesia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
clintiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-29 3:01 pm   Permalink

Where may I ask did you get the God "Ku" mold at? I have all over the internet and can't find it. THanks in advance!

View Profile of clintiki Send a personal message to clintiki  Email clintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fugu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-02 3:19 pm   Permalink

I bought a small outrigger on Craigslist and wanted something to display along with it, so I made a Marshall Islands stick chart. All you need are some thin pieces of wood (I used some balsa wood from a never finished model boat, but you could also use some coffee stirrers from Starbucks or maybe even popscicle sticks), small cowrie shells (mine were from a Goodwill necklace), a printout of the chart you want to make at the size you want and then some hot glue and raffia to hold it all together. Super easy and looks very similar to the real thing.

View Profile of Fugu Send a personal message to Fugu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-03 10:35 am   Permalink

Very cool Fugu. Gonna antique or distress it a bit?

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-03 11:51 am   Permalink

Cool idea, how are you going to display the outrigger with it?

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Philot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-03 7:41 pm   Permalink

Behold the window blind lamp:

One bamboo window blind, 3 bamboo sticks from the garden center, some assorted lamp parts and some interesting rocks and plaster for a base.

Pretty good bang for the buck.

View Profile of Philot Send a personal message to Philot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-04 07:07 am   Permalink

Very clever.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-10-05 10:41 pm   Permalink

Nice Philot!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation