FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events DJ Jab at Forbidden Island - every 2nd Thursday!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
DJ Jab at Forbidden Island - every 2nd Thursday!
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 6:02 pm   Permalink

most excellent...
Thanks much!
Pea
PS,
Happy International Tiki Day!!!

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-12 7:20 pm   Permalink

What!!??

No " MetalRX " ???

(Was fun during the build out though. Mike?)

Jabo- Are you recording your nights on cd ??

If so..... PM

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 12:44 pm   Permalink

Maybe Coco, Mai Tai and I can hold hands and lead the chorus and have the whole bar singing..."we had JOY, we had FUN, we had SEASONS in the SUN..." That will be so FUN!

You also need to add "Key Largo" to your set, another tiki favorite. And "All Night Long" by Lionel Richie, isn't that kinda samba which is kinda exotic which is kinda tiki?

Oh,and "Afternoon Delight," - oh, yes! They have afternoons in Hawaii, don't they?

See, it all fits!

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-14 4:16 pm   Permalink

You're too funny Aqua Zombie. KC & The Sunshine Band Rule MAN!!! Whowooo. Oh, TC, I'm just kidding. Look forward to seeing Jabbo tomorrow nite and listening to whatever great music he puts on. The Jab's set is sure to be GREAT! That is if we can extract ourselves from work in time.

Drats, speaking of which....gotta go back to work.

P.S. Did KC and the Sunshine band sing anything other than Afternoon Delight?

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2006-08-15 12:02 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-08-15 12:56 pm   Permalink

Just a reminder, I hope to see you tonight! A birdie told me Hula Hula will be there!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-15 1:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-14 16:16, Coco Loco wrote:
You're too funny Aqua Zombie. KC & The Sunshine Band Rule MAN!!! Whowooo. Oh, TC, I'm just kidding. Look forward to seeing Jabbo tomorrow nite and listening to whatever great music he puts on. The Jab's set is sure to be GREAT! That is if we can extract ourselves from work in time.

Are you kidding? You are forgetting "(Shake shake shake) Shake Your Booty" and "I'm Your Boogie Man" My favorites. And then there is "Get Down TOnight" and "That's the Way (uh-hu uh-hu) (I LIke It)" I am pretty sure I have those 45s...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-15 1:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2006-08-14 16:16, Coco Loco wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding? You are forgetting "(Shake shake shake) Shake Your Booty" and "I'm Your Boogie Man" My favorites. And then there is "Get Down TOnight" and "That's the Way (uh-hu uh-hu) (I LIke It)" I am pretty sure I have those 45s...

Umm ... "Afternoon Delight" was the Starland Vocal Band.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-08-15 1:33 pm   Permalink

I have a 12" extended single of one of KC's hits. I think it's "Get Down Tonight". I'll look for it if I have time.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-15 7:19 pm   Permalink

Thank you Swankie!! OMG, how could I have forgotten?? That's the Way (uh-hu uh-hu) (I LIke It)" I'm boogying right now.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-15 7:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-08-15 13:29, JenTiki wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Umm ... "Afternoon Delight" was the Starland Vocal Band.

Hmmm, will have to look into that. Even though I was a child (metaphorically and physically) in the 70's, clearly not as well versed on matching 70's bands with names...oh well, it's all fun 70's music. Shake shake shake, shake your bootie...shake your bootie...That's the Way (uh-hu uh-hu) (I LIke It)" . There I go dancin again!!

Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-16 2:55 pm   Permalink

Jab, that was FUN! Thanks for playing several KC and the Sunshine Band songs...and before anyone gets knicker twisted about tikiness...KC wasn't the focus of the evening. Great combination playlist! You had some obscure (to me) artists that were quite good.

Thanks for setting it up Forbidden Island!

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2006-08-16 15:02 ]

thejab

Posted: 2006-08-16 3:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks coco!

"I'm just a bad boy,
all dressed up in fancy clothes,
I'm takin' the trouble
To blow my bubbles away"

AquaZombie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 2:09 pm   Permalink

I guess I missed Coco and Mai Tai last Tues, we left around 9:30 so you must've arrived pretty late (and I didn't see you at Elvis D Day either, a full house anda lotta fun, Cari Lee ROCKED - Jab was there in his swanky 50s threads) - anyway, great mix of stuff, Jab, remember my suggestion of adding some Morricone spaghetti western tunes next time - and more crime jazz, please! I also dig your sailor hat, perfect touch. You look just like an illustration of a 50s cad on the make from an old girlies magazine. And I mean that as a compliment, natch.

View Profile of AquaZombie Send a personal message to AquaZombie  Email AquaZombie Goto the website of AquaZombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab

Posted: 2006-08-18 2:32 pm   Permalink

And I take it as a compliment AquaZombie! I am a cad on the make!

Thrillville was great last night. A perfect pre-Hukilau movie. Now I'm really excited about my Florida road trip - only 6 weeks away! I forgot about the amazing clambake scene with the tikis in the movie. It looked super on the big screen! And so did all the girls in bikinis.

Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-08-18 3:14 pm   Permalink

We arrived home from work after 9:00 last night and promptly passed out. We were very bummed to have missed Thrillville, but were out for the count.

AquaZombie, we arrived at FI around 9:20 Tuesday night, along with LimpTiki and his over 21 foriegn exchange student. Sorry we missed ya.

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2006-08-18 15:16 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation