FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Tiki Events ╗ ╗ California Events ╗ ╗ DJ Jab at Forbidden Island - every 2nd Thursday!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
DJ Jab at Forbidden Island - every 2nd Thursday!
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 11:35 am   Permalink

Is anyone heading to FI for the Halloween Party Tuesday night?

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 1:52 pm   Permalink

I'm not working, but TofuJoe & I plan on heading by about 9ish (after giving out candy to the few little souls that T'o'T in our part of the hood.....).

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-30 2:14 pm   Permalink

I'd like to, it's been too long since my last visit to Forbidden Island. Forgive me Father Dean, for I have sinned. I'd be a better person, but it's so far to Alameda. I'm trying, I am trying, Lord.

But Halloween, no way! I'm afraid of Scottish Clown Doctors.

Boo!
El midnite-o

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-10-30 3:14 pm   Permalink

Don't miss it! Costumes, goodies, much more! Dean's got all kinds of spooky goodness worked up for y'all!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 2:20 pm   Permalink

We'll be there tonight, with some treats, to boot.

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 2:39 pm   Permalink

Yay!! Treats!!!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-31 2:39 pm   Permalink

Sorry I can't make it there tonight... but I will be there in SPIRIT ...

Have fun! BOOO!!! Save me a Voodoo Priestess!!

- Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 10:38 am   Permalink

It was FUN!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-01 11:53 am   Permalink

Great turnout with some amazing costumes! I especially liked the pregnant nun, girl with the whip, the various ghouls and devils, the spider couple, and especially Humuhumu as a piece of bacon. Congratulations to her on winning the contest! I just wish I had more of a chance to see everyone's costume being stuck behind the turntables most of the night.

What's up with the requests for 80s music? You can hear that stuff everywhere. I'd rather die than hear "Bela Lugosi's Dead" again. I got sick of that song in '82!

Dancin' to "Rapper's Delight" at the end of the night was a total blast! I promise Martiki I will never play rap again!

Pics please.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 12:00 pm   Permalink

I'll post pics later this afternoon, after the hangover has worn off. Good times!

Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 12:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-01 11:53, thejab wrote:

What's up with the requests for 80s music? You can hear that stuff everywhere. I'd rather die than hear "Bela Lugosi's Dead" again. I got sick of that song in '82!

Aw, come on, Jab. That's the perfect Halloween tune and isn't played enough. It may get "old" but it's always a pleasure to hear on the Goul night.
Good to hear you play Black Sabbath's theme tune - a total surprise!! I would never think you had that in your repertoire.
A good time was had by all - definitely one of the most rockin' Halloween Bar Parties I've ever attended.

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-11-01 12:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-01 12:18, Conga Mike wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-11-01 11:53, thejab wrote:

Aw, come on, Jab. That's the perfect Halloween tune and isn't played enough. It may get "old" but it's always a pleasure to hear on the Goul night.

I have to disagree with you on this. It goes on so long and they repeat the same line until you just wish you were dead so you wouldn't have to hear anymore! As a DJ I will never torture anyone with that tune.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 12:42 pm   Permalink

Last night's party was insane. Just incredibly fun. There were a lot of great costumes, but I especially loved Thayer's Crazy Cat Lady.

Here are our pictures -- special thanks to Hanford for taking all of these, since I couldn't do it in my costume. Thanks to everyone who cheered for me, it was an honor to be your breakfast meat of choice!

http://photo.humuhumu.com/v/halloween2006/

Pirates Denise & Conga Mike threaten Bacon:

Pirate Conga Mike, Crazy Cat Lady Haole'akamai, and Scottish Clown Mai Tai:

Aloha Fashion Disaster Martiki, and Mermaid Melissa:

Bride of Frankenstein Stephanie:

Vegetarian Crazy Cat Lady is caught dipping into my bag of bacony treats:

Bacon, Wednesday Coco Loco Addams, and Jen Tiki, MD, Scottish Clown Doctor:

A Spider fella can't resist my savory goodness, while Wednesday & Dr. Jen Tiki look on:

A crowd shot during the costume contest: Voodoo Fella, Ghostly Undead Man & Bride, Satan, and Bacon:

Bacon & Martiki:

A prize-winner -- Some Pig:

The Scottish Clown Doctors:

Bacon petting Crazy Cat Lady's pussy:

I love the David LaChapelle quality of this picture of the jab -- note the íJab Vive! posters:

Another shot of DJ Jab:

This nerd got to bring home the bacon (sorry, bad joke -- one of about a hundred bacon-related jokes & puns of the evening):

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: Humuhumu 2006-11-01 12:43 ]

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 1:22 pm   Permalink

OMG, Thayers outfit was hysterical. It was so great with her family pet book and seemingly millions of CATS. Loved it. There were so many wonderful costumes that it's hard to pick a favorite. Thayer, the devil, fancy schmantzy white hat ghoul guy and his bride, the nerd, bacon, go-go dancer, Bride of Frankenstein, whip girl, grass skirt zombie with the monkey trick, cousin Clem showing up at the end...and the list goes on. And yes, Clem did make an appearance at the very END of the evening.

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-01 1:34 pm   Permalink

What a great party!!! Here are my pics ...

Had a little too much time on my hands at the office yesterday and figured that details are important in any costume

Jen Tiki, M.D. (holding the much-praised Voodoo Preistess), Hanford, Nerd Extraordinaire, and Humu"Bacon"humu

Haole'akamai, the Crazy Cat Lady

Captain Conga Mike and Denise, his Matey

Mai Tai and JenTiki, the Scottish Clown Doctors

Jen Tiki M.D. and Super Nerd sipping Bacon's costume contest prize

Otto Tiki

See, it really is Otto

The TC gang hanging out in front of Forbidden Island (somehow Coco "Wednesday Adams" Loco was missing, wasn't it your turn to watch her, Mai Tai?)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation