FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Seattle: Jet City Junket ~ You Tube Video Posted pg.8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Seattle: Jet City Junket ~ You Tube Video Posted pg.8
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 10:30 pm   Permalink

If anyone doesn't want any of the following photos up, email me at Hutikihi@aol.com and I'll take it down. Don't email me to ask me what really happened on the bus, however...

My favorite from the show - Tim Biskup:

Lisa Petrucci's art:

Heather Watts:

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 10:40 pm   Permalink

Loved the Tiki Tony:

Incredible + Incredible =

There was a rumour attached to this one...

Technically not a part of the show, but one of my favs:

Agreeing to disagree?

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 10:44 pm   Permalink

I think I've recovered enough from this action packed weekend and horrible flaming bus crash to say ***MAHALO*** to you Jet City Junkies that made this one helluva weekend!!!

Dogbytes, you're amazing... you really pulled off a fabulous event for not being in charge, please do it again! Plus a big THANKS to you and MR. Dogbytes for giving us a place to rest our weary, drunken heads. (and Trader Pup for being the cutest white fluffy dog ever)

Woofmutt, a BIG MAHALO for being our official in-school-bus entertainment. You kept us pleasant, cheery and oblivious despite the impending doom (pictured in your previous post). Thanks for your very civilized prize draw! Unfortunately, I didn't get to scratch out any eyes or pull hair for my prize....YES, one of your fine works of art now proudly hangs my home!!

To Otto & Roq la Rue Gallery, Tiki Art Now 3 was a delight for the senses, full of great art, artists and the superb sounds of Lushy and 'my' Selector Lopaka. Judging by the attendance and sold pieces, it looked like a success. We're really looking forward to next year!

I don't even know how I can begin to describe all the incredible homes we visited this weekend, I'll just have to let my photos do the talking (I'll post them asap). The hosts & hostesses kept the cocktails in our hands and remained gracious while we combed every corner of their homes in complete awe.
THANKS to all of you so very much!!!

It's always great meeting new folks and getting together with the Seattle Ohana at every opportunity possible, you guys are the best!!!

This weekend couldn't have been better.
Now I must go treat my burns and have my liver replaced......I should be ready this time next year.

**I promise to get some photos up later tonight or tomorrow!**

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 10:48 pm   Permalink

And thanks for unorganizing, Dogbytes. (I would have also thanked Woofmutt, but I lost his card.)

As for improvements next year, the only thing I didn't like about the tour and the house parties was that all the houses looked pretty much exactly alike.

Finally, some of these houses have elements that are pretty unsettling for an innocent tiki party. I still have no idea about this thing I stumbled upon after rounding a corner in the Hawaiiana House -- I just got the hell out of there!

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 10:50 pm   Permalink

The lovely Lisa Petrucci:

Yes, I'm including the blurry photos:

The infamous head shot of Pepe Le Tiki:

The "Bill Series" starts now:

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 11:06 pm   Permalink

"Bill Series" interrupted by "Party Dude":

Otto gets in on the jacket signing:

My future disco contemplaters (minus Monkeyskull who had the right suit but wrong attitude):

Found some Canadians chillin' outside. Hey, is that Reid-O?

[ This Message was edited by: Exoticat 2006-09-20 00:11 ]

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 11:16 pm   Permalink

Hey, is that Sweet Daddy Tiki over there? naaaah

No, not just Bill gets a Series...here comes Dogbytes on a secret mission (and I think Shag is in on it):

Write your own caption:

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 11:33 pm   Permalink

Secret message to someone:

Is this who I think it is?

Maybe it's Sweet Daddy Tiki? nahhhh

Woofmutt's in da houseeee (and Sparky):

Woofmutt-Sparky Series interrupted for artsy shot:

Hmmm this gal is in a lot of photos (who is she?):

Oh uh, time for another Series. Guess the theme:

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 11:40 pm   Permalink

The End of day 1...the Home Bar Tour pics will have to wait until later in the week.

Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 12:24 am   Permalink

OK as promised here's a few photos.....more to come

Our fate was sealed as soon as we boarded (...and paid Dogbytes)

Dogbytes offers her passengers a lei...

Tikiwahine mixes her elixirs in the Backyard Balihai as we continue on the road to ruin.

All we heard was the cry: "Snakes on a Bus!". Only Woofmutt & Sweatpea (apparently, former vaudevillian snake charmers) could save our souls. Hell, we still had an after party to go to!!

More to come.....

View Profile of Pepe le Tiki Send a personal message to Pepe le Tiki  Goto the website of Pepe le Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 8:01 pm   Permalink

Okay, some of these stray from tiki, but here are some shots from the artists' houses:

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-19 8:30 pm   Permalink

geez, monkeyskull..what kinda camera do you have? sure is less blurry than Exoticat's pix.. perhaps sobriety of the photographer has something to do with that? (your pix are from sunday...)

still working on posting mine..but..can you snail mail me a cd of the pix.. i'm gonna print them at Costco and make a nifty scrapbook.

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 8:34 pm   Permalink

Here are my photos! That was the best time EVER!

The decapitated heads of Pepe le Tiki & Atomic Al below hovering nautical flotsam at the Bellevue Trader Vic's

At the gallery, post show

Paintings sit quietly until the next onslaught of eager aficionados
check out the ghost haunting that one piece

sleepily we board the bus, not knowing our fate is sealed

Here fishy fishy
Monkeyskull pond features a big friendly koi and some other waterbound inhabitants

The Hawaiiana House - the most bamboo & rattan furniture I've seen in one place, plus an exotic collection that would make anyone envious

Mr. & Mrs. Bytes tend bar, what a dynamic duo!

I think this is my favorite black velvet

After the bus tour, our trek to the next stop took us down Aloha Street.

My only photo at this amazing house, the bar features paint by numbers floor to ceiling, no wall space seen. Very awe inspiring.

Woofmutt & Pepe checking to see if I've passed out yet

Reid-O of Taboo Tiki & Atomic Al proving they're still full of beans after a long day of great friends, great drinks, great food and great homes.

Artist Dawn Frasier's home, completely customized inside and out!

Artist & collector Lisa Petrucci's home, everything is in it's perfect place

Lisa's Studio

Lisa's husband keeps part of his awesome collection in a separate building

He has thousands upon thousands of cool old films & film reels

Thank you to Elecia for (not)organizing and implementing such a wonderful event, and to Woofmutt for being a great M/C and prize giver-outer(and for my extra little gifties - you rock woof)

Thank you to Puamana & Selector Lopaka for allowing me to serve up drinks in their fabulous Backyard Bali Hai, Seamus & Jauna for bringing such wonderful items to sell & give away, and all of the Home Bar Tour hosts for allowing us into their amazing homes. Mr. and Mrs. Dogbytes(and Trader Pup), Puamana & Selector Lopaka, and the Hawaiiana House Couple who's name escapes me at this moment.

Special thanks to Marlow & JoDavid for the fantastic after party, their house is too incredible to rightfully capture in film, so I only took one photo.

Also a huge thank you to Dawn Frasier & Lisa Petrucci & her husband for the opportunity to visit their homes, again photos just don't do them justice. You are all such wonderful and fascinating people.

The Friday night Gallery opening was a smash hit, and I will definitely be attending Tiki Art Now 3 next year.

Thank you to everyone who participated in BUSOTICA, I can't wait for next year!

A final giant THANK YOU to The Dogbytes', for not only hosting and organizing event, but allowing several Canadians into their home and showing us the absolute best time ever. Thank you for everything.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pepe le Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 10:00 pm   Permalink

....but wait, there's more.....

'Your Selector Lopaka'

A fine bunch of schmoozers!

Seamus vends his fine work. (several pieces returned to Canada with us!)

Selector Lopaka & Puamana's Backyard Bali Hai

Monkeyskull's Voodoo Lounge where many of us succumbed to the infamous Voodoo Punch. One of Seamus's fountains is the center piece.

Dawn the amazing artist, builder, fashion designer, interior designer, electrician, plumber, mechanic and all around really sweet person. This is the customized Tiki VW Bus she created.

....and her deck that she built.

Cindy & John's home (pictures really don't do it justice!) Many pics already posted so heres a couple more.

I really liked the Velvet Art collection until the Wienermobile caught my eye.

I had to include a photo of the white & fluffy Trader Pup

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2006-09-19 22:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2006-09-19 22:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2006-09-19 22:07 ]

Stiki Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 10:11 pm   Permalink

Ok now I'm really bummed I couldn't make it, looks like lots of fun, invite me next time please, leaving kids at home, they whined up a storm at the tiki art now, so come 7:30 I couldn't take any more, plus it was really hot in that gallery!
hope the stickers were a hit Dogbytes, nice to meet you both, sorry I missed meeting you Tikiwahine.
Was looking for your fez but now I see the picture of you I did see you...

View Profile of Stiki Tiki Send a personal message to Stiki Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation