FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Seattle: Jet City Junket ~ You Tube Video Posted pg.8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Seattle: Jet City Junket ~ You Tube Video Posted pg.8
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-20 12:08 am   Permalink

geez, monkeyskull..what kinda camera do you have? sure is less blurry than Exoticat's pix.. perhaps sobriety of the photographer has something to do with that? (your pix are from sunday...) >>

Nope...was sober when I took those photos...I'm just a bad photographer.

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Eddy Brazil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-20 09:48 am   Permalink

Kitty and I would like to thank everyone involved on the Jet City Junket! We had a super time, and only regret - due to prior commitments - we couldn't continue with Sunday's events.

My lab results are back - and they've found unusually high traces of rice-krispie-squares in my blood!

[ This Message was edited by: eddy brazil 2007-02-24 14:28 ]

View Profile of Eddy Brazil Send a personal message to Eddy Brazil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-20 11:58 am   Permalink

HELP PLEASE!!! PHOTOS NEEDED!!!

Anyone who took photos friday night please send them to me! I'm looking for anything shot inside or outside the gallery especially any additional photos of my art from the show and/or me? (Me being Heather Watts--the gal with the curly red hair--you remember, the idiot without the camera? & My art being the exotic fortune teller & the green piece with the kids dancing around the tiki)

Please please please email photos to me:
heather@heatherwatts.com. If I use your photo in anything I can give you photo credit if you like!

A HUGE thank you to everyone who put this weekend together, from the art show to the home bar tour and parties it was a fantastic weekend! I will probably kick myself for many years for forgetting my camera. Oh well, we'll just have to do it all again next year I guess!

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-20 3:26 pm   Permalink

Heather! Today is your lucky day. I have photos of your paintings for sale on my website for a mere $50 a piece. Just let me know how many you need, and since you did paint them, I'll knock off %5 !!

seriously, I'll look and see what I have.

Huge thanks to everyone who had anything to do with making the weekend smashing success and a hell of a lot of FUN !

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-20 8:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-20 11:58, Travellin' Tiki wrote:
HELP PLEASE!!! PHOTOS NEEDED!!!

Anyone who took photos friday night please send them to me! I'm looking for anything shot inside or outside the gallery especially any additional photos of my art from the show and/or me? (Me being Heather Watts--

do you mean this gal seen kanoodling in the Voodoo Lounge?

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-20 8:46 pm   Permalink

Tiki Art 3 Weekend ~ i was having so much fun,i didnt take a lot of pictures. better to live in the moment and hope others snapped some shots! no time for witty captions.. just want to post these great memories (or in TikiWahine case..mammaries )

Holycrap! I don’t think I ever posted the crazy timeline for the weekend. Tikiwahine, Pepe la Tiki and Atomic Al stayed with us, so prior to Tiki Art now, we had lunch at Trader Vics, meeting up with Reido, Taboo Dan and Shea. All the Canadians returned to my house to watch Seamus and Jauna set up their wares at my outside the Rongorongo Room. then it was onto The Roq la Rue Gallery, Dinner at Frontier Room and a flyby to The Lava Lounge. yeah, that was just friday!

TW tries on accessories.

yes, she can make 'em spin in opposite directions

Display of Seamus' wares

Shea, TabooDan, Reido and Seamus

He is our Selector Lopaka

Mrs. Pineapple shoplifts Otto's kid from The Roq.

Travelin Tiki (Heather) and Patrick (who i mistook for her Fiance, Mike.. doh!)

Saturday Jet City Junket Bus Tour ~
11:30-1 Lunch at Islander
Woofmutt

Linda, Jennifer, Bothell Bill

Pepe reads to

TabooDan and Shay

Brian

Carrie and Lori

Eddie Brazil & Lopaka

1:15-2:15 Dogbytes' Rongorongo Room

2:30-4:00 Selector Lopaka & Puamana's Back Yard Bali Hai

4:15-5:30 Monkeyskull's Voodoo Lounge

Heather & Mike

Reido

Russell, Tiffany and Tor

Cindy & Melissa

Exoticat and Jauna

TikiBot and Monkeyskull

new Seattle folks, Brian and Carrie

Sweetpea, Kitty, Eddie Brazil and TikiWahine

Pepe la Tiki, Puamana, Atomic Al

Eddie Brazil wins prizes

5:45-7:00 Cindy & John's Hawaiiana House
7-midnight Gallery Afterparty Marlow and Jo-David’s House

Sunday ~
12 Lunch at Luau (we also went shopping at Hawaii General Store)
2-7 Dawn Fraizer's house
Lopaka and Jo-David

Dawn's friend Jeff

who are these kids?

at the "Time Out Bench?"

Dinner at a Mexican restaurant

4-9 Lisa Petrucci's home

edited cuz i made mistakes.

[ This Message was edited by: dogbytes 2006-09-20 20:57 ]

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-20 9:33 pm   Permalink

Yeah, what they said.

PS: First and foremost it was all a helluva lot more fun than I ever imagined because I had just sorta assumed yuh'd all be jerks.

Wow! Yay! Bravo! to Dogbytes who a coupla months ago was wishin' someone would organize somethin' like the Jet City Junket and then, when no one did, put it all together. She even came up with the swell name! Of course, she wasn't in charge, but she did a helluva great job anyway.

And as the others above me have: Thanks to all the hosts who let us come tramp about their houses. Just amazingly generous of yuh...Especially as yuh actually knew the type of people yuh were allowin' in! A huge effort and expense on yer part and it was all great!

Things I learned...

That Canadians can be very friendly and nice and have dirty little nasty minds. Fortunately I got to sit by them.

Trader Pup still holds his Cutest Dog In The Universe title. (Yeah, I said cutest...That's how cute he is!)

Davy Wong is very polite when a drunk guy is ramblin' on about how impressed he is by Mr Wong's art.

That artists gotta watch out fer those "damned mold makers!" (Thanks fer the warnin', Seamus!)

Which one Heather Watts was.

Monkeyskull mixed the Voodoo Punch with a bottle in each hand and an evil gleam in his eye. And when the bowl was empty...The evil bastard mixed some more!

The kids from the Buckaroosters are very polite when a drunk guy is ramblin' on about how much he likes their music.

Selektor Lopaka's stone faced too-cool-fer-you cracks wide open after a coupla Voodoo Punches.

Eddy Brazil is very polite when a drunk guy asks if he can sign The White Coat.

I learned some other things too, but me keepin' quiet may be useful fer gettin' some neat stuff.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 02:08 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: exoticat 2006-09-21 20:59 ]

View Profile of Exoticat Send a personal message to Exoticat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 08:59 am   Permalink

Attention Attention Attention:

I need to clarify a swiftly spreading rumor. Mr and Mrs Tiki-Riviera did not
perish in the short bus fire. We are in France but I have some sad news to report.
Mrs Riviera was caught trying to steal a piece of art from the palace at Versailles.
She is incarcerated for a long time and I have decided to sell everything I own so I
can live in Paris and visit her frequently. I will support myself by opening a chocolat store in Marais. To all the friends we leave behind in Seattle, and Monkeyskull, we will miss you.

Bonjour
Tiki-Riviera

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 1:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who has posted photos!! I especially enjoyed seeing what I missed out on Sunday...wish I could have been there. Dawn and Lisa have incredible homes! Thanks again to all the gracious hosts and hostesses of the Home Bar Tour who let us come in and break stuff (or was that just me?) it was a fun time for sure. Thanks to Marlow and JoeDavid for letting me spend quality time with Elvis in Hawaii in a side room after it was time to "mellow out". They have a beautiful home and it was kind of them to let us in after a day over-festivites (for some of us).

Rivieras: sorry you guys missed the fun activities and I'm even sorrier about the jail time for Sticky Fingers. It's a good idea that you visit her frequently as someone in there will try to make her their biatch inevitably. I did think about her after I realized I missed yet another opportunity to get good stuff at Monkeyskulls. I had a backpack along and everything. If Sticky Fingers had been at the party you know that backpack of mine would have been a lot heavier when I left than when I arrived. We need her back. Please send us a big chocolate care package when you have the time...it could never substitute for you two, but it could help lessen the pain.

I still have a ton of photos to resize. *sigh* Who's having the Halloween party?

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 2:05 pm   Permalink

So Jet City Mucky Mucks...We're all droppin' in on the Riviera's house 'round 1 AM Saturday mornin'. Just to, uhm, check up on the place. Dress in dark clothes, and BYOG (Bring yer own gloves).

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-21 4:18 pm   Permalink

YAY!!! Thanks Dogbytes! What a cute pic of Mike & I. I think that's the only good one of us together on his first ever home bar tour! (hopefully first of many) I forgot all about you taking this (glad I don't look totally sauced...) I think he really didn't know what to expect on the tour, but he had a fantastic time & was a happy camper all weekend. He passes along his thanks (he's not on TC... yet.). It was great to see everyone again as always and meet a few new faces as well!

Wait a minute, what are we thanking you for? You're not in charge!
Haha. Whatever! Thanks again! And thanks to everyone else who was part of the event.
Heather

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 12:15 am   Permalink

I know I shouldn't say this, but there's something about that baby that creeps me out ...

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 08:21 am   Permalink

Finally! I now have a picture fer whenever folks ask me "Why don't you want kids?"

Exoticat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-22 2:12 pm   Permalink

Ha ha ha ha haaaaaa

Monkeyskull you find the best stuff...first that thingee in a cage (could you ship one to the Island ASAP?!) now this!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation