FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2003
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hukilau 2003
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-28 9:23 pm   Permalink

i'm not worried about it - it's just a few bucks more -- i just wanted to let people know that the rooms are [allegedly] going fast.
so now we just have to wait for 6 months. this is almost as bad as waiting for a lord of the rings movie.
OH - is there an actual hukilau ticket we need to get, too?

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-12-29 3:06 pm   Permalink

That is correct. The Hukilau rate is only good on the single bed or 2 double bed rooms.

Tristan posted in the Main Discussion area that we have actually reached the maximum on the first block of rooms which was 40. He is calling on Monday to get our guests another block of rooms. He also posted his personal email address if anyone should have any further questions or problems dealing with reservations.

There's no ticket needed. We will however anounce some surprises when the official Hukilau 2003 site goes up in January!

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ This Message was edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2002-12-31 11:16 ]

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hoahele Howard
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-02-02 3:42 pm   Permalink

Have there been any updates since the last post on this thread? I came in late (as usual) and would like to go. Are there more rooms now?

Also, am I missing something on the Hukilau site? It's mostly a static page with a form to be put on a mailing list, which I've done but gotten no response to so far.

Any updates would be swell.

View Profile of Hoahele Howard Send a personal message to Hoahele Howard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-02 5:09 pm   Permalink

The menu is loacted on the left. When you 'mouseover' it expands with links to more info.

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-02 7:21 pm   Permalink

Yes, we have added more rooms to our reserve block. We are still competing with two other groups at the hotel, so please, everyone go ahead and reserve your room. You won't have to pay for it until you check out or get the bill, but if we wait, the rooms may get taken by the other groups.

Yes, the menu is on the left. I hoped that it would not confuse anyone. Anybody else have trouble noticing the menu? Also, we tested it on various browsers and operating systems, and it seemed to work fine, but if you have had the menu not work, or any other problem, let me know.

There should be a news email going out soon. Let me know if I should make the way the menu works clear.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hoahele Howard
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-02-02 9:00 pm   Permalink

Thanks for all the info, especially about the rooms. I'll make my reservations tomorrow.

The menu is not showing up in Safari on Mac OS X. It's still in beta, so I wouldn't worry about the code for now. Knowing now that there is supposed to be a menu, I hit the page using IE and sure enough, there it was!

Just a little suggestion about the form, no big deal if you can't do it -- it would be great to have an autoresponse email with the latest details so someone subscribing for the first time gets up to speed.

Looks like a great event!

View Profile of Hoahele Howard Send a personal message to Hoahele Howard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-03 09:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-02-02 21:00, Hoahele Howard wrote:
Just a little suggestion about the form, no big deal if you can't do it -- it would be great to have an autoresponse email with the latest details so someone subscribing for the first time gets up to speed.

I read your mind! I set up an autoresponse last night after I saw this message. I figure it's good to welcome people, let them know we got their form and to make sure they knew about the menu.

My web developer helper suggests Safari, but I don't think he tested it on that combo. Just Netscape and IE on Windows and Mac's.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hoahele Howard
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-02-04 11:50 pm   Permalink

I just took a peek at the code for the slider menu and it looks specifically for IE, Netscape 4, or Netscape 6. It probably won't work reliably with any other browsers - Safari, Opera, OmniWeb, AOL, etc.

It wouldn't take much effort to throw some small-sized text links at the bottom of each page just in case someone isn't using IE or Netscape or if they surf with JavaScript turned off. I'm sure you wouldn't want to exclude anyone from attending because of their choice of browers.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-05 05:35 am   Permalink

It does work with Opera. AOL is just a trimmed down version of IE, or at least it used to be, so I imagine it works. Jaguar seems to be the one that fails.

Sabina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-14 6:09 pm   Permalink

Well, better late than never-

Mike and I are in!

So, is anyone contemplating extending into pre or post Hukilau events, places like Disney or Daytona Beach?

View Profile of Sabina Send a personal message to Sabina  Goto the website of Sabina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tweedtone
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-14 9:07 pm   Permalink

"I Belli Di Waikiki" will be playing a multi-performer event on Sunday, June 29th in Tampa at Skipper's Smokehouse (http://www.skipperssmokehouse.com) and possibly another Tampa Bay engagement prior to Hukilau - more details to come!

View Profile of tweedtone Send a personal message to tweedtone  Email tweedtone Goto the website of tweedtone     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-14 11:32 pm   Permalink

Registered last week at the Holiday Inn. Gotta ship my stuff over there now.

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-15 09:09 am   Permalink

Chiki,
If you (or anyone else) is bringing stuff to sell, let us know so we can post it on the site, and so Kahuna can get you organized with the vendors.
There is nothing official to report, but with the new sponsors of City Link magazine, we are thinking we might can have a pretty large, public event on Thursday in Fort Lauderdale. Since the Friday night venue is more small and for us enthusiasts, as is Saturday night at the Mai Kai, we may use their organization to have a rather huge kick-off. We will work to get our hotel guests in free of course.
www.thehukilau.com
And, no, it's not late to be signing up! We are on the cusp of a new promotional surge that may fill the hotel. After that would be rather late. But we have alternative hotels if this one fills up...

purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-22 10:29 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:06 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-22 9:04 pm   Permalink

No problem at all to change your reservation. The thursday night thing is far from happening, and it's main purpose is for us to draw in a large local crowd. The events of Friday and Saturday are for a small crowd. With the local entertainment paper on board, we thought we might use their publicty power to have a pretty large event ahead of the actual Hukilau events. Sign up for the news and we'll make sure you know of any new plans.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation