FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau 2003
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hukilau 2003
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-21 1:12 pm   Permalink

We have just been informed by the Holiday Inn that the hotel is fully booked for the Hukilau weekend.

Of course there will be cancellations later but we want everyone to know that we are currently talking with another hotel, that is very close to the host hotel, and will let everyone know as soon as possible so you can make your reservations.

This is going to be one crazy weekender!

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MeanLittleDevil
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-05-22 07:47 am   Permalink

Howdy folks,

Just knocked into your website this mornin' while trying to get some info about Hukilau. I live in Fort Lauderdale (about 5 miles from the Mai Kai) and am stoked for the event. As of this morning, you can still book rooms on Expedia for the Holiday Inn for $74/night. If you need any details about the area, feel free to ask! There are some neat-o digs to explore. Can't wait to meet you all next month -
Cheers
Erin

View Profile of MeanLittleDevil Send a personal message to MeanLittleDevil  Email MeanLittleDevil     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LilJackKnife

Posted: 2003-05-22 07:54 am   Permalink

I don't think the hotel is fully booked.. just because we booked a room using expedia for 74$ this morning!

oddly enough we live in ft. lauderdale.. but we wanted the whole hukilau experience.. ahah.. and to crawl back to our rooms rather than our places of residence.

but anyhow.. us savvy ft. lauderdale folks found out about this without any kinda promotion down here.. and we're real excited.

and we love happy hour at the mai kai.

yeah.. edited because meanlittledevil beat me to it. weeeeeeeee! see y'all in a month.

[ This Message was edited by: LilJackKnife on 2003-05-22 07:55 ]

View Profile of LilJackKnife Send a personal message to LilJackKnife      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki junkman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 09:31 am   Permalink

I had called the holiday inn two days ago and the reservations desk told me that they were completely booked that weekend. I just read the posts here and I also went to Expedia this morning and just reserved a room for the Hukilau weekend at that holiday inn for the $74 a night price!??!?
I don't get it.

View Profile of tiki junkman Send a personal message to tiki junkman  Email tiki junkman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 09:34 am   Permalink

most likely, a bunch of the rooms that are booked are booked by expedia, so they can then in turn hand over reservations through their site.

kind of like when a concert is sold out, but radio stations have a block of tickets.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 10:03 am   Permalink

We are looking into this. The hotel is full for the weekend. Why Expedia is still letting you book, I do not know. But we will get to the bottom of it soon. It may be that the fine print does not guarantee you a room through Expedia. We'll see.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LilJackKnife

Posted: 2003-05-22 11:32 am   Permalink

I just called the hotel..

and what happens is that the travel sites like expedia and stuff buy blocks of rooms.. and then sell them

if you call the hotel they will tell you they have no rooms

but if you go to expedia or travelocity, you can get a room

expedia is actually cheaper than the hukilau rate! ok. later y'all.

View Profile of LilJackKnife Send a personal message to LilJackKnife      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 2:39 pm   Permalink

Well I finally booked (too late for the Holiday Inn) It's OK cause I work for Radisson Hotels and I got a cheap emolyee rate at the Bahia Del Mar just down the street. (so I'm told) They have a super saver rate of $89, Though I'm not sure what their occupancy is right now.

I also have reservations for the late Mai Kai Show. What is the difference between the early and late shows? Should I keep calling to see if there are any cancelations for the early show?

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 3:02 pm   Permalink

There's no difference between the shows at all. Did they mention the 2nd Happy Hour when you called? There's another Happy Hour scheduled just for the 2nd show that starts at 7:00pm with a performance by someone from our entertainment lineup.

The Hukilau

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 3:31 pm   Permalink

No she didn't mention the 2nd Happy Hour, she just took my reservation. She mentioned alot of people were asking about cancelations for the early show.

Will the Molokai still be "happening" after the 2nd show?

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 3:49 pm   Permalink

We are planning entertainment after both shows in other areas of the Mai Kai.

Just to let everyone know though that is booked for the 2nd show - there is a 2nd Happy Hour Party starting at 7:00pm for those that are booked for this show. If you show up at 4:00pm they will ask you to come back. They are going a hard enough time managing the 300+ people already booked for the 1st show.

If you have any questions you can always email us at
home@thehukilau.com

The Hukilau

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 4:48 pm   Permalink

Out of curiousity, I tried Expedia today and it seems they are out of rooms now too. But their rate was more than our Hukilau rate. I looked at Travelocity too. They seem to have rooms, but at $239 a night, uh, no thanks!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 5:10 pm   Permalink

cherrrrry, no difference between da sho's, I'll see ya at da late sho tiki mug.

alohaz

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 5:19 pm   Permalink

Just wanted to let everyone know that Swanky and I will be in Ft. Lauderdale as of Tuesday June 24th. Bre-elle & Tristan will be there as of the 25th. If anyone wants to get together prior to Hukilau please let us know.

Also, if anyone wants to volunteer for pre-Hukilau needs if you're arriving prior to Friday you can email us off list at
home@thehukilau.com

Thanks! We look forward to meeting everyone!

The Hukilau

tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-05-22 5:22 pm   Permalink

GECKO!

You have reservations already for the first show. You're sitting in the VIP section with us, Basement Kahuna and all the other crazy guys!

Is that ok?

The Hukilau

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation