FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving How I used to waste my week-ends...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
How I used to waste my week-ends...
tiki beat by marcus thorn
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-10 2:33 pm   Permalink

nice work heath keep up the good work

View Profile of tiki beat by marcus thorn Send a personal message to tiki beat by marcus thorn  Email tiki beat by marcus thorn Goto the website of tiki beat by marcus thorn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-10 7:37 pm   Permalink

You got what it takes to carve. Your lines and designs are very nicely done. You don't have all that much to learn. Nice work Heath.

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-10 7:39 pm   Permalink

man did that turn out GREAT. i really like that one. too bad about the chisles at the beginning there. but well it turned out fairly amazing i must say.

great work

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-10 7:53 pm   Permalink

Thats some clean carving! nice

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-10 8:02 pm   Permalink

Heath,

Your carvings are beautiful, period. You are not wasting your weekends any more than the rest of us idiots

Keep going and keep posting. Your most recent piece is fab!

-Gman

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-12 01:03 am   Permalink

I certainly wouldnt call it a waste of your weekends, great stuff, very clean & crisp. From my own minimal dabblings with wood I know how tough that is to achieve. Keep it up! TTT

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-13 07:39 am   Permalink

I Just noticed the h=Wheels that you have mounted on your carving benck, Man that Rocks, I'm going to have to try a variation of that. I can see how the hollowed out tiki hampered your turning capability now! Excellent

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-15 08:12 am   Permalink

Thank you all for the kind words.
Everyone has been such an inspiration to get back into carving!

Here are a couple that I did for a friends company. They were going to be on display in her trade show booth in Vegas, but due to some problems in the company, she and the tikis didn't make it out there. Hopefully next year!

I was going to surprise her and put the company name on the bottom band, but there's a name change coming. Luckily I found out before I did it.

Like a mug shot, "Turn your heads!"

"Other way!"

"Face the rear!"

My mailbox was the only one I'd ever stained until these two. They actually only got clear-coated.

More later.
Thanks for looking!

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-15 11:07 am   Permalink

Nice X 2 !!!

Keep em coming! Ain't this fun?

Mahaloz

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-28 10:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-13 07:39, Benzart wrote:
I Just noticed the Wheels that you have mounted on your carving bench, Man that Rocks, I'm going to have to try a variation of that. I can see how the hollowed out tiki hampered your turning capability now! Excellent

I just added wheels to my cheezy workmate.. (No offence, Gene)...

It works well. No more dings in the wood from the workmate.

Here's a pic...

or two:

And thanks for the idea Heath!

[ This Message was edited by: tikigap 2006-09-28 22:45 ]

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 12:12 am   Permalink

Nice work man

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
makutiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-29 04:42 am   Permalink

I love those last two tikis, the designs are cool and the color is just perfect. How did you achive the light smooth color?
Nice!

View Profile of makutiki Send a personal message to makutiki  Goto the website of makutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-29 07:14 am   Permalink

tikigap, I'm glad I could help. I used to have to use a strap to stop the logs from rolling around but it always seemed to end up in the way. I finally got so fed up that I picked up some locking casters, big difference! Here are some pics...

Close-up

hewey, thank you, I'm looking forward to seeing your buggy when you get it finished!

makutiki, thank you, it's actually just a clear coat on old dry palm. My friend didn't want any stain on them, but I figured I should do something.

Thank you all for the kind words, I'll try to get back to the carving when I get the house re-assembled. Long story...

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 3:06 pm   Permalink

I Still love the wheel idea and I Must adapt my bench, Excellent innovation.
These last 2 tikis were Excellent too. Super fine finish and well done detail. Waste some More time like that.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-29 9:50 pm   Permalink

Locking Casters! That's great! Thanks again!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation