FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » CrazyAL Retrospective Show Walk-through, Sat Oct 21st... pg4
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
CrazyAL Retrospective Show Walk-through, Sat Oct 21st... pg4
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 09:34 am   Permalink

Parking is a bit of a nightmare in that area. I recommend getting there early. Also, bring burly friends to help unload your equipment since you may be in for a bit of a walk.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 10:04 am   Permalink

Kate's right. Parking sucks but you can offload in the back (through the gate) and park on a side street somewhere near Bakersfield.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aloha John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-13 1:01 pm   Permalink

Aloha...

What time will the Smokin' Menehunes be playing?

Any info on the plan for the sale of the hand painted two-tone King Tiki mug? On sale @ 8pm? I didn't see the price posted yet...do we know how much it'll be? Cash or plastic?

We've got to make it an early night so I just wanted to know what to expect.

Mahalo.

[ This Message was edited by: Berdoo John 2006-10-13 13:15 ]

View Profile of Aloha John Send a personal message to Aloha John  Email Aloha John Goto the website of Aloha John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 12:24 am   Permalink

Just a few photos from tonight:

The Smokin' Menehunes...

Special guest drummer - Squid

The audience

The tikis and mugs were fantabulous. Crazy Al puts on a great show!

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-14 02:57 am   Permalink

2:45 am. Just got back from closing down the Tiki Ti with Crazy Al, Jon Paul, Squid, DJ Lee, Piphiro, significant others, and etc. after Crazy Al's retrospective.

The Menehunes were definitely Smokin' with Al and Squid, and a little King Kukulele to boot.

And about Al's carvings..... HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!! Is an understatement. To see SO MUCH quality, craftmanship, and skill----awesome. Simply awesome. A big salute to you, Al.
GROG going to go back again while it's still, all in one place. Just amazing stuff.

Thanks Al.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-14 10:47 am   Permalink

The retrospective is amazing! Great and awesome work Crazy Al. I went to see some well carved tikis, but I was blown out of my socks! Not only are they GREAT carved tikis, but they are carved with such expression and such endless creativity.

Plus, there was really great music!

The Smokin Menehunes rock!

They so rock!

And Squid, you rock!

but most of all, Crazy Al YOU REALLY REALLY ROCK!
You rock the Tiki Culture World.
My life is better for having seen that show.

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 10:54 am   Permalink

AL- Congratulations on a most wonderful show! Your carvings are jaw-dropping man.

The Menehunes smoked as usual. (but what exactly is it they smoke?) Thanks guys for letting me sit in! Tons o fun.

Who's bright idea was it to close down Tiki Ti?

Must.. find....aspirin.....

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
goddess-sun
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-14 11:16 am   Permalink

WOW!!!!! FANTASTIC AL!!!!!
What a great way to start the weekend. The Smoking Menehunes jammed. It was really nice to see everyone again.
As always had so much fun.

Here are some pictures:

[ This Message was edited by: goddess-sun 2006-10-14 11:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: goddess-sun 2006-10-14 11:28 ]

[ This Message was edited by: goddess-sun 2006-10-14 11:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: goddess-sun 2006-10-14 11:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: goddess-sun 2006-10-14 11:51 ]

View Profile of goddess-sun Send a personal message to goddess-sun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 12:02 pm   Permalink

WOW!

What a great night! Thank you Al for letting us play for your show!

What a total honor to have King Kukulele, Al and Squid all at the same time playing with us! The Menehune's band volvo rolled in to our home base around 12:00 (after a hair-raising ride with Uncle Bong at the helm, hands firmly at 10 and 2 on the wheel) but I was too excited to sleep right away.

King, as always your Uke playing and singing blow me away. Squid, you suck for not living down here in OC. I really hate you because you are just about the best drummer I have played with! You are one of those natural musicians who does not need to rehearse or even know the song-you just automatically know how to play the exact right thing each time!

C-al-you are a giant among artists and musicians-it's always a treat to watch you in action.

I also enjoyed seeing so many of you TC'ers there! Talk about the "in" crowd!! You guys are IT!

Mahalo!!!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 2:33 pm   Permalink

mahaloz for all the pics and comments from what must have been an amzing evening.

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 2:42 pm   Permalink

Al!
What a Great exhibition! Truly some of the Best of the Best! And I'm not just talking about all the In-Friggin-Credible carvings and memorabilia,but the crowd and music as well! This show should tour the Land because everyone should see it! It would bring tons of Tiki joy and delight to the multitudes! Of course, you'd have to cram yourself,the Menehunes,King Kukulele,and Squid into the Semi,but what an adventure that would be! Thanks for all your hard work setting up and retrieving pieces for this Landmark Show! Congrats!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 2:56 pm   Permalink

Truly one of the most talented, innovative and creative individuals in tikidom! You're a superstar Al - big congrats on your anniversary show.
Thanks to those who took some photos so I could enjoy the show down here in NZ too. I just love what you guys have going on in California, and will continue to live vicariously through these threads.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 5:51 pm   Permalink

Damn, really wanted to go, sorry I missed it, but straight 4 days of 13-14 hour days took a toll on me last night.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-14 6:37 pm   Permalink

Al, congrats on your 10th anniversary show. Sorry I couldn't make it.I am glad I got to see a little of it on Thursday. The few pieces that I saw looked great.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-15 12:02 pm   Permalink

HOLLY-MAHAaaaaaaaaaL000000's!!! Bat'iki Phil's!!!
THANKS SO MUCH FOR COMING OUT! Great time, even though i showed an hour late!! what the??? hadn't eaten in a day, and then waited 40 minutes, in the rain, for a cab ride back from the restauraunt..... son of o'bitch... thanks for sticking around and all the great support! this is the first time i've seen this post in three or four days and what a great surprise to see Squid cutting up chops on the skins!!! Fri'cken the best!! Thanks!! the gallery was blow away by the MENEHUNES!!! and the drums rocked the place better then the best volcano episode on Gilligan's Island!!
The VR's are fantastic and the pics are awesome too....

If you missed the show, it's up till after next weekend!! and I'm planing an "Artist's Walk-through" Next Saturday afternoon! since i never got any of the explanations of the early years down on name tags..... I'll be introducing my new 'Drawer Pulls' then too since they never make it to the show room floor either.

Tiki walk and talk and Tiki Ti happy hour!!!!!!! Who's in??

Thanks again everyone!!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation