[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Central Ohana Congratulations Humuhumu
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Congratulations Humuhumu
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 3:59 pm   Permalink

Okay, I know I'm probably gonna embarrass the chickadee...but our very special Humuhumu received some very special national attention today.

Her website Critiki, ranked #4 on Yahoo's Top 9 of the day!

If you go to the
http://9.yahoo.com, click on #4 for today (day 12)...there it is! Yeah!

Great recognition for Critiki and positive exposure for tiki. Way to go Miss Humu! Congratulations!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 4:04 pm   Permalink

Wow, that's impressive if you figure in all the sites that must be out there! Congratulations Humuhumu.

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 4:31 pm   Permalink

Way to go Humu! That's very exciting

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 4:43 pm   Permalink

Aw, shucks.

Yeah, that was a very nice surprise to wake up to this morning. I'd never heard of Yahoo!'s The 9, it's actually pretty dippy (but then, I can be pretty dippy, myself). They show Critiki's spinning globe, which is neat, and they show some pictures that are actually from Humu Kon Tiki and not Critiki, which is weird, and then they segue to the next website by saying something about watching sports at tiki bars. Oh well. It's still nice.

The link above will work for today, but come tomorrow it'll be available in the archives, at this link:

http://9.yahoo.com/2006/09/11

You can vote for your favorite story, vote for Tiki Me Away! (If'n that's your favorite -- I kinda liked the cowgirls one, myself.)

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-11 7:24 pm   Permalink

Kool!

well done - and well deserved too

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 07:19 am   Permalink

Neato, I just saw this. Congrats, Humu!

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 07:27 am   Permalink

Congratulations Humuhumu
All of your sites are hot.

Ojaitimo

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-18 7:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-11 15:59, Coco Loco wrote:
Okay, I know I'm probably gonna embarrass the chickadee...but our very special Humuhumu received some very special national attention today.

Her website Critiki, ranked #4 on Yahoo's Top 9 of the day!

If you go to the http://9.yahoo.com, click on #4 for today (day 12)...there it is! Yeah!

Great recognition for Critiki and positive exposure for tiki. Way to go Miss Humu! Congratulations!

Congratulations Humhumu!

(GROG wasn't sure exactly what kind of "national exposure" to expect. )

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 8:03 pm   Permalink

congrats humuhumu. all accolades are well deserved. grog, that is freakin' hilarious!

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-18 8:06 pm   Permalink

Nah, I turned down Playboy, I'm holding out for Juggs. Though they don't seem to be at all interested in me, I can't figure out why....

Thanks for all the kindness, guys!

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Karbora
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2006-09-18 9:14 pm   Permalink

Humuhumu...

I love this news. Very cool that they have recognized the passion you have for what you do. Your work speaks for itself. Congratulations!

View Profile of Karbora Send a personal message to Karbora      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 12:39 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-11 16:43, Humuhumu wrote:

The link above will work for today, but come tomorrow it'll be available in the archives, at this link:

http://9.yahoo.com/2006/09/11

You can vote for your favorite story, vote for Tiki Me Away!

Done!

And, uh, yeah, "Watching Sports at your local Tiki bar?" 'Scuse me? ...heathens....

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-09-19 08:13 am   Permalink

Forget Juggs magazine. As the proprieter of Oogamooga, you more than qualify for Muggs magazine.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-19 10:57 am   Permalink

Grog, don't ever leave. I need the comic relief! That Playboy post was brilliant.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2006-09-19 12:35 pm   Permalink

Thanky.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2006-09-19 12:36 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation