FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 08:52 am   Permalink

I sure wish we were going to join the fun in Florida. Just not going to happen this year. Have an extra dozen or so Mai Tais for me eh?

Hope everyone has an unbelievable time!!!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-04 11:14 am   Permalink

Yeah, ya all have fun.....I'll be here changing diapers!
Maybe drinking rum thinking about ya.
"Well yeah baby, that looked like her butt, it was dark ya know, so I put it on there"
"That wasn't her butt honey, those weren't legs, they were arms! %$#^&^*(!!!!!!!!

Helz.....I think what ever we have at the time, we'll show. Its not gonna be all stuffy and snooty. Just like the old tiki bars we put up whatever we have. And I think yer stuff is great!
Hopefully Fink or I or somebody can find a place that will let us loose and do it the way we want.
Its not my show, its OURS, if ya all have ideas or want to do something different just let it out. I'm easy. Or so it says on the bathroom walls.

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-04 11:18 am   Permalink

Hey Fink!!!!! Now we both have 174 posts......strange huh?
October is creepy!

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 09:18 am   Permalink

Dale:

Many very good galleries are booked at least six months out, unless there is something unforseen. If you don't mind, I will start to look into openings.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 4:29 pm   Permalink

Totally......whatever you can do. I was just keeping and eye peeled for usable spaces. An actual gallery would be great. Gonna be on Tennyson tomorrow. See whats around.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 4:40 pm   Permalink

Dale:

My first choice is Sliding Door Gallery @ 554 Santa Fe. Next to Capsule Events Center.

Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-08 06:16 am   Permalink

For all of you Dcnver area folks, the Denver Art Museum opened up its new wing and there is a nice but small selection of Papau New Guinea Tiki items on display. One great chair and a shield and house carving piece that are really nice. Fun to see some real Oceanic art.

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-08 3:08 pm   Permalink

Half and half laugh and laugh. Who needs to be polite. What is the benefit of importance. I personally do not need to double post anything. This thread was created so as to avoid ownership. There is something to be said for Tiki in historical terms. There are those who seek to preserve the grand traditions and those who have found a way to leverage some kind of political and social adgenda for whatever reason.

There has got to be something better to do than to try to dominate a culture that is vastly misunderdtood.

Sure it's all in fun, but when the longboards meet the surf it is not too dificult to determine the difference between Tiki and Tacky.

I still love ya Dale and Matterhorn

T.F.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-10-08 15:20 ]

Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-08 4:29 pm   Permalink

Hey Fink-

I am just doing my best Switzerland imitation!

Matterhorn

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-09 10:40 am   Permalink

My verbosity is going to get me cooked in a big ol' native stew pot.

T.F.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 6:06 pm   Permalink

Zulu:

How was Hukilau?? Diein'ta know.. Have any pics?

Sure hope you had a swell time!!!

T.F.

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 7:58 pm   Permalink

I have been to 5 of the 6 Tiki Oasis events out in California, and had a blast at every one of them. However, this Hukilau blew all of those away!

We spent some time volunteering at the Hukilau merchandise booth in the bazaar and it was great to meet lots of old TC friends and make new ones. I picked up one of the Mai Kai 50th Anniversary/Hukilau mugs and they are beautiful.

We ran into Helztiki and family several times. Jason really loaded up on some great vintage aloha shirts.

Friday night party at the Bahia Mar was awesome. King Kukulele, the Intoxicators, Charles Phoenix's slide show, and then APE with Billy Mure. APE live is something to see with Crazy Al carving on stage. Billy is 91 and was jamming his guitar with the band to his 1950s Hawaiian arrangements!

The Saturday afternoon presentations were great. We caught the tail end of Beachbum Berry mixing cocktails and giving history lessons. But we grabbed a seat as Sven started his slideshow with a preview of his new book and lots of classic shots that did not make it into the final version of the Book of Tiki.

Saturday night, 50th Anniversary celebration party at the Mai Kai!!! There is simply not a restaurant or bar left that can compare to the Mai Kai. It is a tiki temple to the 10th power. Alissa and I were there 10 years ago on our honeymoon, but the place has gotten better with age. Bands playing throughout the restaurant and the Molokai Bar, the Polynesian floor show, the excellent food and pupus, all the people sitting at your table dressed in vintage aloha dress and enjoying it every bit as much as you are, and the drinks! Everything about the Mai Kai is classic, but the tropical drinks are the icing on the cake. At the party I paced myself for the 5.5 hours we were there and enjoyed: Samoan Grog (2), Hidden Pearl, Cobra Kiss, Mai Tai, Tahitian Breeze and Kona Coffee Grog. They were all wonderful, but my favorite was the Cobra Kiss followed by the Samoan Grog in a close second place.

I have some great memories from tiki friends, parties, events and places I've been, but last weekend tops the list.

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-12 8:05 pm   Permalink

Speaking of great times, 'A Night at the Castaways' down in Manitou Springs is only about a week away (Sat. Oct 21st). I am looking forward to that evening, it should be a lot of fun.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-17 01:13 am   Permalink

Did ya know????

Is Manatou Springs the Wicca capitol of Colorado? Very Haloweenie!!!! So Tikitober.

T.F.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-10-20 21:34 ]

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 07:24 am   Permalink

Woke up this morning with a few inches of snow on the front lawn. No problem. A Night at the Castaways is still on for this evening. I'll be at the carpool meet at 4:30 this afternoon.

Zulu

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation