FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 9:08 pm   Permalink

I think we will hit TikiFest a little later in the day. We are planning on heading back home Saturday afternoon after the 2 seminars at the Modernism show. We will head over to Erin's after dinner. We will also be there around 7:30.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibeeyatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-23 4:24 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Mr. Dale!

Good to see I'm not the only one awash in the Aravada/Westminster/Wheatridge/Whateverthehell area. I too have patronized Marshall Liquors many-a-times - love it. So handy. Plus the building is lime green. What else can you ask for? One note - I was just in Total Beverage in Westminster (off Sheridan) and they too had Appleton Rum, and on sale. Unfortunately our tiki bash won't have such high caliber juice, as we're not the richest folks on the block. Cruzan rum will instead be served.

Timidtiki - I have not heard any rumors as such. Tell me more about this!

Fink - Can't wait to hear of your Oasis adventures! Sounds like it was super fun. I'm jealous!

Zulu, Fink, the clan - looking forward to seeing y'all at TF. Sounds like you'll be coming later, which is cool, but you'll most likely miss the live surf music ala Maraca 5-0. However, you won't miss the yummy rummy goodness.

'Til Saturday, everyone...

View Profile of tikibeeyatch Send a personal message to tikibeeyatch  Goto the website of tikibeeyatch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-23 5:53 pm   Permalink

FYI - Fink works at Total Beverage

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-26 09:06 am   Permalink

Tikibeeyatch:

Jeez I find that hard to write to. Ha. Thanks for the invite to your Luau. We had a great time. Your place is amazing!
Thanks for the great party.

T.F.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2007-08-27 09:26 ]

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
timidtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 02:47 am   Permalink

Rangi Kapa is a well kinow moko artist and wood/jade carver in New Zealand. Several week ago I read on the internet that he had won some sort of award ($65,000) in a New Zealand newspaper. The article said he was palnning a tour of the US and would visit San Francisco, Salt Lake, Denver, etc during this tour . . . and, I presume, make some sort of public appearances demonstrating his work. That is all I know about this. If you do a search on his name "Rangi Kapa" you should get the same hits that I got. He sells some of his work through a gallery in Vancouver.

[ This Message was edited by: timidtiki 2007-09-22 11:25 ]

View Profile of timidtiki Send a personal message to timidtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibeeyatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-29 2:55 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone -

Thanks for coming to Tiki Fest! It was the biggest attendance yet in 4 years.

I wish I'd had more time to chat with everyone - I found myself being called away every
10 minutes to round up more cups around the house! I'm beginning to rethink my whole cutesie
coconut cups idea. Anywho, it was a great time, and Mike and I had quite the cleanup the
next day. Is there anything more disgusting than tiki drinks that have been sitting out in
the sun, with the occasional cigarette floating in it? Yuck. But, it's worth it!

Fink and Randi - thanks again so much for the awesome Don Ho glasses! They truly are the
perfect mai tai glasses. Poor Don.

Zulu - thanks for coming, and it was fun to meet your mom. Hope she had fun!

Matterhorn - it was great getting to know you and your wife a little bit better. I had absolutely no idea about your extensive Disneyland collection!

Dale - good to finally meet you as well, and your little guy.

Looking forward to the next shin-dig. Stay loose!

[ This Message was edited by: tikibeeyatch 2007-08-29 14:55 ]

View Profile of tikibeeyatch Send a personal message to tikibeeyatch  Goto the website of tikibeeyatch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibeeyatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-29 5:21 pm   Permalink

PS - yet another cool Craigslist find:

Vintage Black and White Tiki Bar - $175
http://denver.craigslist.org/fur/408535203.html
720-322-6561

Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 8:10 pm   Permalink

Would you quit!?!? This is getting expensive...

(j/k)

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-30 11:33 am   Permalink

Man.....it was nice to meet all of you, some of you again after a year or two.
Thats a nice place ya have there beeeyatch. Sorry I couldn't stay and plow through a few beverages. But we had a good time. Eddie wants to play "limbo" all the time now.

Lets hit the Double dragon soon.

Luv yer guts.....Mr. Dale

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 1:17 pm   Permalink

To Theatre or not to Theatre?

I am looking for some feedback about one more TFT before it gets too damned cold. Tenative date of Sunday Sept 16th. Anyone who digs the Broncos would be welcome to watch the game here pre- movie. I had mentioned in passing that this would be more casual than last time and the catering menu less extensive. I would be open to pot luck though. Re cocktails: The Green Zombie, provided of course. The Movie: TIKI. A contemporary romp in stupidity. What happens when a mean ass, pissed off little KU Tiki gets loose in Spokane, WA? DEATH that's what.

PLEASE post and let me know if this sounds cool! Putting the theatre up is a pain in the butt and frankly, I would like to get some more mileage out of it before it goes away for the winter.

Tiki Fink out........

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 7:27 pm   Permalink

Bring it on!!!!!

I'll be there with my Little Debbie Oatmeal Cookie Sandwiches!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 12:35 pm   Permalink

Here's an update on the bar that appeared in our garage. With a little TLC it's now in condition to move into the house.

Thanks again for the heads up.

View Profile of poptiki Send a personal message to poptiki  Goto the website of poptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 8:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-31 13:17, Tiki Fink wrote:
To Theatre or not to Theatre?

I am looking for some feedback about one more TFT before it gets too damned cold. Tenative date of Sunday Sept 16th. Anyone who digs the Broncos would be welcome to watch the game here pre- movie. I had mentioned in passing that this would be more casual than last time and the catering menu less extensive. I would be open to pot luck though. Re cocktails: The Green Zombie, provided of course. The Movie: TIKI. A contemporary romp in stupidity. What happens when a mean ass, pissed off little KU Tiki gets loose in Spokane, WA? DEATH that's what.

PLEASE post and let me know if this sounds cool! Putting the theatre up is a pain in the butt and frankly, I would like to get some more mileage out of it before it goes

away for the winter.

Tiki Fink out........

Another Idea is to have a potluck BBQ starting at 4:00 and start the movie as soon as the sun sets.

It would be great to have one last luau at our house before the end of the season. I am still looking for feedback on this so I can decide yes / no on the event.

Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 04:22 am   Permalink

Fink- unfortunately I will be out of town for the event. One of my friend's is having a huge 40th Birthday party in California and I will be out there. It will be ska revival night with the Untouchables playing his party. Otherwise I would definitely be there.

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MoaiMan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-04 07:38 am   Permalink

Aloha!
Mr. Dale clued me in to this site a couple of weeks ago. My first post. Unfortunately my wife was in a wedding the afternoon of Tikifest so we could not attend. I'm looking forward to joining you for some events in the future.

Field Report: Your concerns about the new Shag Lounge appear justified. We drove by it about 10:30pm after the wedding on Tikifest Saturday. The garage door-type front was open, and hip-hop music was blasting. The place was half empty, with a cluster of young dudes gathered at the front talking on their cell phones. The only evidence I saw of Tiki was a knee high statue (looked like concrete) at the front gate on the patio. We didn't stop...

Hope to meet you all soon!

View Profile of MoaiMan Send a personal message to MoaiMan  Email MoaiMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation