FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
tikibeeyatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-13 11:22 am   Permalink

Aloha Denver tribe -

I have in my hands the 2nd Edition of "Tiki Road Trip," by James Teitelbaum, thanks to one of The Denver Post book critics. Not sure when this baby is supposed to hit sales stands - Amazon has been selling it since May, so who knows.

Anywho, in this book, Teitelbaum did a little write up of The Hut, which is scheduled to open this month or thereabouts. Here is how the write up reads:

"The Hut, 218 S. Broadway - Denver
Due to open around the same time as this book hits the stands, The Hut will be the fourth creation by the Delaney brothers, who are responsible for the delicious food at their trio of Monterey/Santa Cruz, CA, restaurants. The bar-based Denver venture was designed after the two famous Mark Ryden prints 'Exotica' and 'Pele.' The larger bar side will be in reds, oranges and browns (like 'Exotica'), and the smaller seating area will be in blues and greens (like 'Pele'). The Ryden prints will of course hang on the walls. Forbidden Island's Martin Cate is setting up the bar, so expect excellent cocktails."

This sounds extremely hopeful! Can't wait to see it in its glory.

View Profile of tikibeeyatch Send a personal message to tikibeeyatch  Goto the website of tikibeeyatch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-13 12:53 pm   Permalink

Beeyatch - Don't hold your breath waiting for 'The Hut' to open next month. I was talking with the owners trying to help them do right. This place has been in the works for well over a year and nothing has happened. They wanted to move into a spot along South Broadway, but that space has remained closed and undisturbed for over a year. I'm afraid this place/concept ran out of gas. I was really looking forward to a quality tiki place here in town. I had high hopes for this place due to the link that they had with the owner of Hula's out in Santa Cruz, California.

Images removed. I just found out that some of the artwork I was unknowingly using had been 'liberated' by another artist from the original creator several years ago. So in fairness to the original artist, I have removed the image.

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2007-09-18 19:58 ]

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibeeyatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-13 3:08 pm   Permalink

Sweet.

Well that just totally blows.

*Sigh.*

I think it couldn't be any more obvious here that we need to open one ourselves.
All signs are pointing to "Go!" Except the money sign. That one's pointing to, "Dear God NO woman, are you crazy?????!!!"

Nice schematic there, though, Zulu. That would've been totally awesome.

View Profile of tikibeeyatch Send a personal message to tikibeeyatch  Goto the website of tikibeeyatch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MangoRita

Posted: 2007-09-13 3:42 pm   Permalink

Hopes dashed once again about the Hut not opening. I'm joining in the chorus of sighs...
When I lived in the Bay Area, Hula's was a must stop every time I visited my friend in Monterey. She actually introduced me to the place and I, in turn, introduced Helz and everyone else that I knew. Hula's holds a special place for many reasons, not the least of which is that it started hubby on his quest for all things Tiki. Maybe one day we'll have our very own Hula's. Then again, I'm also hoping for Trader Joe's, Ikea...
BTW, great concept, Zulu...

View Profile of MangoRita Send a personal message to MangoRita  Email MangoRita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-13 4:46 pm   Permalink

So we can blame you for Helz showing up to everything?

You and Helz Rock.
Quote:

On 2007-09-13 15:42, MangoRita wrote:
Hopes dashed once again about the Hut not opening. I'm joining in the chorus of sighs...
When I lived in the Bay Area, Hula's was a must stop every time I visited my friend in Monterey. She actually introduced me to the place and I, in turn, introduced Helz and everyone else that I knew. Hula's holds a special place for many reasons, not the least of which is that it started hubby on his quest for all things Tiki. Maybe one day we'll have our very own Hula's. Then again, I'm also hoping for Trader Joe's, Ikea...
BTW, great concept, Zulu...

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-14 09:33 am   Permalink

Hi all- this year our Tiki Burlesque show runs for 2 weekends! Hope you can make it down!
Lannie's will be transforming itself into a tropical tiki room for those nights and we'll be busting out all our tiki themed acts, including a few that you may have seen if you attended Tiki Oasis this year!

Do you all feel that chill in the air? Where has the summer gone?? We all hope you had a super sunny season! Burlesque As It Was spent their summer jetting around the country to events like Exotic World, Tiki Oasis and the New York Burlesque Festival, but for the last two weekends in September, they're back in town and they're all yours, Denver!!

September 21, 22, 28 & 29 at Lannie's Clocktower Cabaret (16th and Arapahoe), we're saying goodbye to sun and fun with an End Of Summer Burlesque Luau!! Join us for an evening of Tropical Splendor in the TIKI TIKI ROOM, featuring mermaids, tiki birds, Elvis and Priscilla in Hawaii, Gilligan with those Island cuties Ginger and Mary Ann, hula girls, tap-dancing sailor ladies, and much much more!

Tickets are $20 Get your tickets soon- our last show at Lannie's sold out!!

From
www.lannies.com :

Tiki Burlesque: An End of Summer Luau in the Tiki Tiki Room

Bid farewell to the summer with a burlesque luau! The hula honeys of Burlesque As It Was will heat up the stage with a tropical trip to the era of tiki drinks and exotica music!

Gorgeous Dancers ---Great Costumes ---and vignettes from the sensually exotic to hilariously campy.

The whole club transforms into THE TIKI TIKI ROOM and the waitstaff joins in the fun, all decked out in hula splendor.

This Girl-riffic End Of Summer Luau is the perfect Summer send-off.

View Profile of burleyque Send a personal message to burleyque  Email burleyque Goto the website of burleyque     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-14 4:32 pm   Permalink

Tikis and girls......grrrrrrr.......drinks and tikis and girls.........grrrrrr,
My birthday, tikis, drinks and girls........grrrrrrrrr. Down boy! down!

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-16 09:10 am   Permalink

Hey All!

As I mentioned before there is a little shindig happening at the ol' Tiki Fink Shack next Sunday. 8/23/07

I am trying to get a head count. So far I have only heard from Helz & Rita and Zulu. Anyone who would like to join us is welcome.

The Drill.

PM me here, email
boctok01@msn.com, or just post here.

Should be fun as always, thanks to an expert crew!

We will be showing the mvie TIKI as soon as it gets dark enough to project outdoors. Pre party starts at 1:45 - 2:00pm ( gametime). If football is not your bag, you are welcome to come over any time in that time frame and play croquet or lounge around the S.S. Ratfink with a cocktail in your hand!

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-16 4:12 pm   Permalink

Hey Fink- Joyce and I should be there for at least a while. Do you need anything for the BBQ?

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-17 7:18 pm   Permalink

Matterhorn:

Good to hear from you!

Bring anything? Perhaps some snacks or appetizerish things. If your time is limited, I suggest you come around 4:00 and stay for the movie. It is pretty funny.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-17 11:58 pm   Permalink

Here is my lame poster.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2007-09-17 23:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2007-09-18 00:02 ]

Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-19 7:12 pm   Permalink

YARRRR!!!!!!

I'm gettting quite excited for this weekend! Fink has graciously let me behind his bar again, and I thought I should test drive the beverages for this weekend...

Can't wait to see you all!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-20 09:16 am   Permalink

Wow!

Looks like Helz is cooking up something amazing again!

Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-20 09:43 am   Permalink

Wow- looks like a toasted drink!

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibeeyatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-21 11:05 am   Permalink

Yarp! (HotFuzz, anyone?)

Damn it, that drink and movie both look delicious (well, the drink looks more delicious than the movie, whereas the movie looks funnier than the drink) but the hubby and I will be frolicking in the mountains this weekend.

Have a blast! Thanks for thinking of us.

A fitting end to an all-too-short summer.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation