FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-14 7:19 pm   Permalink

Joyce and I will be at Charles' show.

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibeeyatch
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-18 8:39 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone!

Man, I have some SERIOUS catching up to do. Sounds like you guys are of course continuing to have fun, ala Los Straightjackets, museum tours, etc.

I have been crazy busy and would love if someone could catch me up to speed with the group. , whenever you guys have a minute.

So, not sure if any of you guys remember my tiki bar downstairs, but, we had a big flood in our basement a few
months ago - it ruined our flooring, walls, etc., but thankfully the bar was spared!! As a result, we've had quite a few improvements done to the bar area, and the bar still stands in all of its glory. Just a little tidbit I thought I'd share!

Anywho, glad you're all doing well and hope to meet up with you all again soon!

PS - Rita - glad to hear there's another "Curb" fan out there! We love that show!

View Profile of tikibeeyatch Send a personal message to tikibeeyatch  Goto the website of tikibeeyatch     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 8:59 pm   Permalink

I hope Mike's horror/monster/spy (and everything else) collection was spared. He has some really great stuff. Repair of your basement sounds like a pain in the ass.

There are a few events coming up here in the next few weeks that most of us will be attending. Hope you guys can it make to the holiday slide show and/or the Kona Luanii.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Carmine Verandah
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-11-19 6:36 pm   Permalink

Does anyone reside in the Boulder area? I'm considering going to the show and maybe the cocktail party. It would be nice to carpool to one of 'em.

View Profile of Carmine Verandah Send a personal message to Carmine Verandah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 8:06 pm   Permalink

CV,

Sorry, wish I could help. We're closer (On the border of Westminster and Arvada) but that would only get you about half way. Hope you can make it though!

TB,

Sorry to hear about your basement, that really sucks. Hopefully it was only replaceable stuff that got damaged. I'm hoping that Zulu's event kinda gets us all inspired to get some more stuff going over the winter. I know it's tough without all the daylight, but I really get a kick out of hanging out with everyone...and I got a brand new thrift store bowling ball I want to try out!!!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-20 05:43 am   Permalink

TB- I third my condolences to the flood. I hope the drapes made it through!!!

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MangoRita

Posted: 2007-11-21 2:32 pm   Permalink

TB- Hope that your basement has a full and speedy recovery! Ha, Curb is becoming my all-time fave. We can devote a whole site to it, I'm sure.

Can't wait for all of the upcoming events and to see everyone again!

View Profile of MangoRita Send a personal message to MangoRita  Email MangoRita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-22 6:07 pm   Permalink

Happy Tiki Day Everyone!

Woops. Turkey day.

Turkey Fink.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-23 7:28 pm   Permalink

T.B. Sorry to hear about your basement.....that really sucks monkeys. (I have never tried it but unless your a monkey it MUST suck)
We were overlooking your house the other day from insp. point, having an Amici's pizza and an end of fall picnic, and your house looks just fine from up there. Eddie remembered doing the Limbo in your back yard.

Fink......Hope you had a great Thanksgiving too. I've got an extreme food hangover.....maybe I should add an alcohol one to it too eh?!

Zulu....the Newsletter is superb. Morrison road is my old neck of the woods....and I never knew that it had tiki history until now....Thank You.

But hey ya all, I've finally finished another tiki! I'm only gonna post it here as I don't post on the carving section anymore. I cant do the give and take on the carving section like I think I should. I just don't have the time.
Besides....the Rockies and the Great Plains need more tikis and I try to keep 'em close. The rest of the world has PLENTY.

This new one is 5 1/2 ft. tall, 15" diameter and I believe is pine. I found the log in Deer Creek and I'm not really sure. But it turned out really nice and is more traditional than I usually do. And yeah its for sale if anyones interested, but for now it sure looks good dressing up my yard. Many thanks to my wife Amy for giving me all the time it takes to do these.
Hope ya enjoy.

-Happy Skull-ptures---

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-24 11:19 am   Permalink

That's a great looking tiki Dale! Excellent work again!

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 08:23 am   Permalink

It will be great to see everyone at the Charles Phoenix deal.

Anyone going who did not speak up?

C ya there!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Carmine Verandah
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-11-28 1:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-28 08:23, Tiki Fink wrote:
It will be great to see everyone at the Charles Phoenix deal.

Anyone going who did not speak up?

C ya there!

T.F.

I'm going to try for it -- have a date with a dentist on the same day (not social, unfortunately) so must play it by jaw,,,er, ear.

View Profile of Carmine Verandah Send a personal message to Carmine Verandah      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 6:41 pm   Permalink

Hope you can make it! It's always nice to meet new tiki freakies in the area.

T.F.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-30 1:35 pm   Permalink

Hope everybody had fun at Charles Phoenix last night. We sure did.

See you all tonight!!

T.F.

Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-01 06:54 am   Permalink

Zulu,

Thanks so much for all the work and hosting the most awesomest holiday party I've been to since.....well....ever!! Everything was first class, top notch, grade A cool.

And thanks to all of you that came and I got to meet and hang out with! Lots of new faces and familiar folks...good times all around!

Pictures forthcoming.

Helz

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation