FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 07:34 am   Permalink

Zulu, Fink et. al.

Sorry that Rita and I won't be able to join you all this evening, sounds like a great time. So hoist one for me, and we'll catch ya next time around.

Z, great seeing ya in FL, hope you had as much fun as we did.

-Helz

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 2:26 pm   Permalink

Very much looking forward to the trip to Manatou. Never seen The Castaways. Should be good times!!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 8:42 pm   Permalink

I am perfectly aware that there has been a post on this lost Tiki gem, but The Castaways has some amazing atributes. There is a pirate's treasure, a captain's table ( with fire blazing out of a pile of quartz crystal, under what once was a ship's boiler ), private tiki hut for six, awsome Tikis and a cool indoor water feature. Opon our leaving there was an Old Timer playing some very creepy standards on keyboard whilst singing. If I had it my way, I would have jest set theer and gotten tanked to his David Lynch esque musical stylings, but alas... It was time to depart. Shit........ I was jonesing for wacko wierd...

Nonetheless, Zulu in his higher wisdom delivered our party safely home.

THANKS!! Good times!!

I gotta go back. Maybe on Peyote!!!!!

T.F.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-10-23 08:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-10-23 08:45 ]

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-23 5:02 pm   Permalink

Hey all- sorry I could not make it. Too much to do around the house after getting back from a business trip. Sounds like a good time was had.

Any news on when the new Hula restaurant is opening?

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-23 7:01 pm   Permalink

Hey Patrick - we missed you and Joyce last weekend, wondered where you were?

It was a small group this trip, but we had a great time. We all car pooled in the minivan and had Elvis in 'Blue Hawaii' playing on the DVD player down and back. The restaurant was empty (tourist season over) but we had the private tiki hut to ourselves. It was worth the short drive. We will do it again next year.

I had coffee last week with the owner of 'The Hut' and they were supposed to start interior demolition and construction last week (Oct. 11th). They are hoping to be open by xmas. They have asked for our input (i.e., any and all suggestions and recommendations), including the name. 'The Hut' is not set in stone and they may change it if something better comes along. Any recommendations?

They are also planning on having a pre-opening party when the time comes and are planning on inviting all tikiphiles here in town to test the food, drinks, and decor. I'll keep everyone updated.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-23 7:48 pm   Permalink

Rita and I are really sad we couldn't make it...So where's the pics?!?!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-11-01 07:15 am   Permalink

Ok Bad news today My Fiance lost her job today. the good news is she is not loosing it until the end of the year but this does mean big changes.

I'm going to have to stop Tattooing for a little wile. at this time she going to get a new (probably less paying) job. we want to stay in the Denver Colorado aria but her work will probably not allow it. I'm just not making enough to support us both at the level we are now (just eking by)

So I'm going to have the a new job just for a bit.

But you all can help by Buying my art (most of it cheaply) or if you are in the Boulder, Denver aria com get some tattoo work that would be super cool

If you want some art just send me a message and I'll quote you a price
You can see the art for sale at my
http://j-lew2021.deviantart.com/gallery/

thanks for all your help
Jon

P.S. Buy some art... Please

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-01 10:17 pm   Permalink

Hey there!!!

Anyone from Denver thinking about going to Atomic Frolic???

Very Very tempting since we will be in Utah, damn near half way there at that time.

T.F.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-18 11:27 am   Permalink

How'd ya like to spend Xmas on Xmas Island? Would ya like ta hang yer stockin' on a big ol' coconut tree?

Hey all you all!!! There is a happening at Tiki Fink's shack on Xmas night. We call it the Xmas Night Wino Wind Down. Bring yourself and a decent bottle of wine! We got fun food and shwag for all! Definitely RSVP to me via Email
BOCTOK01@msn.com or PM here on TC!!

Over and out!

T.F.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-18 7:08 pm   Permalink

Well, since there is absolutely no Tiki relevant content on the freakin' " Ohana " TM. thread, I won't feel so bad about this. The Tiki Finks will be celebrating New Years Eve in and around the Cruise Room and El Chapultapec. Anyone want to meet for drinks?????

Come on you Modern Drunkards....

T.F.

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-19 8:01 pm   Permalink

Hey Fink -

Agreed, it's been very slow around here lately with the holidays and such. But the bamboo is flying fast and furious (well sort of) over here at the Kona Luanii as I try to get it finished and open for guests by late winter (feb/mar ish). It's coming along nicely, but I have not updated any pics lately on the
Kona Luanii progress thread.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-20 09:19 am   Permalink

Hey ya Fink.....we always try to hit the cruise room around Christmas at least once. Its hard this year with the baby being only 7 months old. Thanks for the invite.
So back at ya all.....A bunch of us are going to the Ghost Train Christmas at the Oriental Theatre Sat. the 23rd. Ya all are invited. We are going to meet in front of Parisi's about 7:15 and get pizza there or "tiki" drinks at Swing Thai.
Then stumble over to the Oriental......A few western swing / rockabilly bands.....Fashion show and what not. A good time will be had by all. Let me know......I'll keepa eye out for ya if ya tell me what ya look like!

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 08:06 am   Permalink

Everyone is invited to the Tiki Fink Shack today to build the world's largest SNOAI!!!!!! Hurry on over now!

Oh yea. And Bring lots of alchiehol!!!!!!!!!

T.F.

Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-21 8:52 pm   Permalink

Fink...

Sounds like a blast, IF I COULD GET THERE!!!

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-12-31 10:30 am   Permalink

Hey All!

Best New Year wishes for you! I am hoping that next year we will have our very own Tiki bar to invade in the big night.

Till then I hope you all Wang Chung tonight!!!!

T.F.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Fink 2006-12-31 10:30 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation