FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-24 07:24 am   Permalink

Erin - We were all commenting during the weekend wondering if you and Mike were going to show up, we were looking for you guys.

Michelle - Sounds like the Denver group really had a great time at Oasis last weekend. We also had a great time here at the Modernism Show and plan on doing it again next year. Here are a few shots courtesy of Helz.

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-28 12:02 pm   Permalink

Deadbolt. The scariest band in the world, will play 9/27/2008 at Larimer Lounge with Denver's very best surf band, Get Three Coffins Ready. Be there? I will!

O and Tiki Fink GRINDHOUSE... you can pm me for details if you dare.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-30 1:24 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

I am going to boldly post this on *two* threads - Tiki Travel and Denver Tiki - hope that I am not breaking any kapu in doing so!

Here's the scoop: Ms. VanTiki and I are off to Denver for a business trip on Sept. 2nd. We've got two days of work (the 3rd and 4th), then are spending 5 glorious days driving around colorado scouting out ghost towns and geocaches (we are planning a multi-day loop from denver to Cripple Creek to Rocky Mountain park and back to Denver). Imagine my surprise when I find this Denver Tiki thread chock full of amazing carvers and tikiphiles! Are there any Tiki hot-spots that are a must see in colorado? I am bringing a slew of tiki tiles and clay tiki coins to leave in geocaches:

so if you are a tiki lover and a geocacher you may have a very lucky find!

Can't wait to get on that plane - last time I was in Colorado I was 13 years old!

Mahalo,
Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-30 11:48 pm   Permalink

OK stay tuned.. I am hosting an after wine tasting BBQ on the 7th. I wasn't going to bother anyone about this but if you are are around, it might be interesting. This is non Tiki in a very Tiki place.

Just throwing it out there. PM me.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-30 11:51 pm   Permalink

Other than that, still PM me as we can still hang out prior to your adventures.

Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 06:00 am   Permalink

Hey Van- Not many commercial tiki places in Colorado. If you are heading south, there is the Castaways in Manitou Springs. The theme has changed to pirates, but the decor is still great 1960s era tiki and far away adventure. There is also the new tiki place the Tiki Torch in Edgewater. Tiki Fink has been there more recently than I have and may have a better description of the place.

One place you will have to go for the atmosphere and not so much for the food is Casa Bonita. Just google it to see the wonder of the place.

PM me if you want to find out about any more tourist attractions and museums.

[ This Message was edited by: Matterhorn1959 2008-08-31 06:41 ]

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-09-01 2:30 pm   Permalink

Mahalo!

Tiki-FInk - I'm afraid we will have left Denver by the 7th, but thank you so much for the invite! We are leaving tomorrow night (Hawaii time) and will be in denver for only a few days (to do some actual work). We'd love to get together, but I have a sinking feeling that we will be obligated to attend "Dinner Meetings" for the two nights we have in Denver. We will be returning to Denver for 1 night at the end of the trip - perhaps we can meet then?
Matterhorn - Good grief! Is that Casa Bonita place for real? Escaped gorillas? I am speechless! Do you need reservations to attend? I am guessing that the food is terrible, but the ambiance is bizarre/fantastic. No prices were listed - is it really $$? We will be swinging by Manitou Springs, and will be sure to take a peek at the Castaways.

A huge Mahalo for the Tips and Aloha!

Henrik

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-05 07:38 am   Permalink

Next week..

Another weekend of Tiki in Denver.

Sat. 9/13/08 Tiki Fink Grindhouse! ( Movies under the stars )
Sun . 9/14/08 Luau Night at the Tiki Torch, Hosted by Helz and Tiki Fink. This is the shakedown cruise! Don't miss it. 25th and Sheridan in Edgewater.

Need info?

PM me!

burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-06 10:45 am   Permalink

BIG SHOW SEPTEMBER 27th!

It's my birthday..and the Burlesque As It Was End of Summer Luau show!
Tiki art show, tiki crafts and costumes for sale! Also a very special tiki history and Denver tiki slide show by Tiki Mike- on the Oriental's big screen! Doors open at 6pm for the art show, slide show at 7 and burlesque at 8:30!

View Profile of burleyque Send a personal message to burleyque  Email burleyque Goto the website of burleyque     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-06 10:47 am   Permalink

Also, if you want to enter anything in the art show:

View Profile of burleyque Send a personal message to burleyque  Email burleyque Goto the website of burleyque     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 6:59 pm   Permalink

BQ,

Looks like an awesome time, we hope to make it!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 7:04 pm   Permalink

...and

Announcing the "warm up/soft opening" of the Night of Tiki at the Tiki Torch in Edgewater!!

The Tiki Torch as been gracious enough to extend an invitation to the local Ohana to do some guest bartending, with a special drink menu and general spreading of the Aloha!! And if all goes well, we hope to make this a regular event!!

So all you Denver folks, come on out to the Torch this Sunday (September 14th) and tip one back with your fellow Tikiphiles!!!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-10 10:36 pm   Permalink

Since I'm in charge of providing the entertainment for the upcoming Tiki Fink Theatre this weekend, I thought I would share this most excellent movie we will be watching Saturday Night......Forbidden Island (1959). As with both of our previous versions of Tiki Fink Theatre, this film will not disappoint. The cheese factor is very high, lots of bad acting and was filmed on location on the island of Kauai, Hawaii. The movie opens on location inside of the Trader Vic's in Waikiki with Martin Denny playing Forbidden Island on the piano, then it all goes downhill from there. As an added bonus, I found a psychedelic Pink Panther cartoon as a warm up. See everyone on Saturday.

Zulu

Then of course, join the FOM at the Tiki Torch on Sunday for our inaugural monthly 'Night of Tiki' event. This will be a tiki filled fun weekend.

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki indian

Posted: 2008-09-14 2:56 pm   Permalink

hi. me and my cousin are here in denver and would love to know what is going on in town.we love all things tiki . thanks

View Profile of tiki indian Send a personal message to tiki indian      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-23 11:45 am   Permalink

Hey ya all.....this has been a long time coming but I wanted to Thank ya all for letting me show with you at the Modernism show. It was a hoot and I made some $. It was good. So thanks Helz, Zulu, Fink, Matterhorn, Pop tiki and all your lovely wahinis.

But just for a couple of notes, I'm trying to get into the Retro cocktail show tiki show in Lawrence Kansas on Nov. 1st. I love kansas....one of the few that do.

And Jan 3oth my buddy and hopefully my wife are going to Rev. Horton Heat at the Gothic. But first we are going to hold down the bar side of the twin dragon for drinks and munchies. Anybody that wants to join us, it might be a rare occasion my wife and I get to go out! Whooooya.

Luv you and your bad livers.

Mr. Dale

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation