FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-02 4:17 pm   Permalink

Aloha fest, October 12th in Longmont.

www.coloradoalohafest.com

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-15 6:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Fellow Tikiphiles.

Kitchmas is right around the corner, so once again we will be hosting the Merry Kitchmas Holiday Cocktail Party. Last year we had a fantastic turnout and are expecting the same again. Yes, there will be another Astro Weenie Tree, Herb Alpert/The Ventures/Dean Martin and Esquivel playing christmas music and another new round of Kitchmas cocktails. The event takes place in the Kona Luanii, my personal tiki bar. The party is Saturday, December 6, 2008 and starts at 7:30. Everyone is encouraged to wear their retro attire and bring a appropriate hors d'oeuvres or finger food, we had some really great stuff show up last year. If you think you might make it, please RSVP via PM so we can get an idea of how many guests to expect this year I can can get you directions.

Here are some photos from last year's party.
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=21061&forum=4&start=270

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-18 11:26 am   Permalink

I simply can't wait!

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-21 11:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha, Friends.

Sorry to be the Grinch here, but I have canceled the party this year. Maybe next year.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-29 09:31 am   Permalink

May not be the proper forum for this but I gotta vent. Not a lot...just a little.
I love Amici's pizza, 52nd and sheridan, good food, good service. And they have a great business because of it. Started running out of room. Needed something bigger, better location.
So they bought the old Gemini that we only piped dreamed of buying. And according to the Wheat Ridge city council have put over a million dollars getting it in shape.
And yes they sell Italian food. Good Italian food. But man, they killed the A-frame roof in the name of Pizza.
40 years ago they would have made it their trademark, put it on the to go boxes and the menus, Everyone would have known Amici's pizza by the very restraunt it was in.

But now its just another building. Although the food will be very good.

Another slice of American flavor chewed down by bland tastebuds.

So.....blah.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Dale 2008-11-29 09:32 ]

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-29 11:08 am   Permalink

I was driving down Wadsworth a few weeks ago and noticed the construction acitivity at the Gemini. The A-frame was still in place, sorry to see it go.

Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-01 6:40 pm   Permalink

Wow- I will have to go take a drive and check it out. Sad to see an A-frame or any other unique building go to a box!

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 10:42 am   Permalink

Hey ya all....just a posting of tikis you haven't seen. The last Moais you saw were at the Modernism show but I've made four more since then....all in the same style, but all so very unique. Like different members of the same tribe.

Plus some pictures of the Waitiki show in Lawrence Kansas. Not Denver but I-70 hooks us together, well that and no ocean for miles!

Living in Thornton.

Decorating my yard.

Moved to Tulsa Okla.

Went to West Arvada.

Waitiki. Awesome Band.

Table of Happy Kansas Drunks and me! Nice People!

Kansas City tiki Central members. Names escape me at the moment.
Avril64 and Brother Jack Musick.......Thats them!

Lets drink More!

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Dale 2008-12-12 10:52 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Dale 2008-12-12 14:35 ]

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 6:26 pm   Permalink

Great work on the moais Dale!

MoaiMan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-12 9:45 pm   Permalink

Man I miss living around the corner where it was easy to come by and see these things in progress. Good stuff, Dale!

View Profile of MoaiMan Send a personal message to MoaiMan  Email MoaiMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 09:32 am   Permalink

Thanks Zulu! Hope things are good with the floor of the tiki bar.

Moai man.......I was just wondering about you and the family. Hows the new house? Are you still painting? Any more tiki themed ones.

For anyone in Denver reading this...Moai man here is quite the artist. A VERY good artist. Maybe we can bully him into posting some pictures here. Eh?

ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 06:10 am   Permalink

Chris - We'd love to see your work, this is the place to show it!

Phase II of the Kona Luanii is taking shape....

White walls, white carpet, white ceiling, ughhhhh, so I started painting (with a little help from the girls)

and started with the laminate flooring in the far back room....

It doesn't look much different from this right now, hence no Kitchmas Party. But it will be back and bigger than ever. I've got a killer suprise I'm building into Phase II.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 08:18 am   Permalink

Go Zulu GO!!!!!!!

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MoaiMan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-28 3:42 pm   Permalink

Here are a couple of things I've done. The first pic is my basement - I've managed to secure one corner in our new house for myself and some of my few tiki things. The wood paneling was there, so I had a pretty good head start. You'll recognize the mai tai sign from the Book of Tiki. I loved it so much I painted one to hang on my outdoor patio. Painted on cedar boards, it should look great after it weathers for a few more years outside.

The two Hawaiian figures are my most recent. I did the pair to fill those sweet frames I found at the Salvation Army several years ago. 17" x 14", acrylic on masonite.

This last pic isn't tiki, but probably the best example of some things I've done previously. This was a series I did of my brother and three friends. Each is 20" x 20", acrylic on canvas.

I've got a few ideas for new things - I'll post them as I finish them. Let me know what you all think.
MoaiMan

View Profile of MoaiMan Send a personal message to MoaiMan  Email MoaiMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 08:06 am   Permalink

Excellent paintings Moai! I love the orange backgrounds on the tikis.

The wood paneling in your basement works, it looks very nice.

Zulu

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation