FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 7:28 pm   Permalink

Very nice basement and fantastic paintings! I hope you can expand the bar a little at a time!! The wood paneling looks fantastic and the Mai Tai sign is beautiful!

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 07:26 am   Permalink

Great work Moai and Zulu......I feel the tiki love spilling all over this town.

I guess I gotta start diggin' a basement.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Dale 2008-12-30 07:26 ]

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-07 07:47 am   Permalink

Hawaiian style Jam at the D-Note........Hula night....Friday Jan 16th. 6-8 pm.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-15 06:35 am   Permalink

We're showing a tiki at the D-note in Olde town Arvada this Friday night. Hawaiian Jam. A pizza, my family, and a bunch of Ukuleles. Should be fun.

And sadly the Continental Club closed on New Years eve. Its said that they will re-open under new management in a few weeks. But I wonder if the Tiki Boyds menu will still be there. I had a blue hawaiian there a couple of weeks ago and danced my butt off to a hill-billy punk band. Where else could that happen?

Mahalo.....Mr. Dale

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. Dale 2009-01-15 11:23 ]

burleyque
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-15 10:01 am   Permalink

My Pals at Jonesy's are throwing an inaguration night luau:

Inauguration Night Luau!
(seem's appropriate, considering where our new Prez grew up!)

Jonesy's EatBar
January 20, 2009
Jonesy's: Corner of 20th & Logan
400 East 20th Avenue
Denver, CO

lmjonesy@aol.com

Celebrate Barack Obama's Inauguration at Jonesy's!

Food specials...think pig on a spit...Drink specials...kinda like Obama Mamas!

Celebrate HISTORY!!

View Profile of burleyque Send a personal message to burleyque  Email burleyque Goto the website of burleyque     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-16 09:40 am   Permalink

Sounds like a good time! I will try to make it.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-16 5:57 pm   Permalink

I was reading Sabu the Coconut Boy's excellent post today about tiki inspired college yearbooks back in the day (excellent post!!)

Whoa and behold, look who I found. None other than our own Mr. Dale.

Seen here in 1955 making a lovely hat.

And then again here in 2006 at the Twin Dragon restaurant.

Dale, what's your secret to keeping your looks and girlish figure? It must be the mositurizing cream infused with sawdust and shavings from your tiki carvings!

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 08:35 am   Permalink

Speaking of the Twin Dragon.... Do we want to say something here?

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 10:35 am   Permalink

Sure . . .

Everyone welcome!!!

With the holidays over and our schedules getting back to normal, Chinese New Year is right around the corner. Last year we started an annual tiki celebration for the Chinese New Year (really it is just another opportunity for us to get together, share tiki drinks and fun) and we are doing it again this year.

This year we will be visiting one of our favorite tiki places in here in town, the
Twin Dragon Restaurant in Englewood.

Stop by Saturday evening, January 24th (7:00) for exotic tiki drinks, fun and fellowship. We will be in the lounge wearing the aloha shirts, you can't miss us! The Twin Dragon has some of the best Chinese food in Denver, they also serve flaming pu pu platter appetizers and flaming tiki drinks. The Twin Dragon is located at 3021 South Broadway in downtown Englewood (a few blocks north of the intersection of Hampden and South Broadway).

Flamming Pu Pu Platter...delicious

Scorpion Bowl for two...but I know several of you out there who drink this one by yourself (myself included)

The Zombie....can't go wrong with this one!

The next issue of the Rocky Mountain Tiki Newsletter will be finished by then and I will be handing out copies. Aloha, we'll see you all there.

If you are new to the group, come out and say hi, this is a really nice, fun group of friends.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 10:40 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2009-01-17 10:35, ZuluMagoo wrote:
Sure . . .

Everyone welcome!!!

With the holidays over and our schedules getting back to normal, Chinese New Year is right around the corner. Last year we started an annual tiki celebration for the Chinese New Year (really it is just another opportunity for us to get together, share tiki drinks and fun) and we are doing it again this year.

This year we will be visiting one of our favorite tiki places in here in town, the
Twin Dragon Restaurant in Englewood.

Stop by Saturday evening, January 24th (7:00) for exotic tiki drinks, fun and fellowship. We will be in the lounge wearing the aloha shirts, you can't miss us! The Twin Dragon has some of the best Chinese food in Denver, they also serve flaming pu pu platter appetizers and flaming tiki drinks. The Twin Dragon is located at 3021 South Broadway in downtown Englewood (a few blocks north of the intersection of Hampden and South Broadway).

I'm there! I've been talking about going to Twin Dragons for weeks now. See you there!

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 10:44 am   Permalink

damn! I thought it was the twin dragons in Los Angeles http://www.picotwindragon.com/

Well I'm going still but not the one in Denver.

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 5:36 pm   Permalink

Come on down!!!!!! It will be great!

Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 5:45 pm   Permalink

Damn....Zulu...those pictures are Funny. I still look the same don't I? Well.....less hair. I knew it was gonna happen....thats why I was making all those scratchy hats!
We sure are gonna try and make the 24th. I gotta see you crazy Fez wearin' cats. Always a good time.

A bunch of us are also raiding the Twin Dragon on the 30th. Get all happy faced with Tiki drinks before stumbling down the street and into the Rev. Horton Heat show at the Gothic, tickets are only $9.33. You guys sure are welcome to come along and watch me get stupid.

I took Amy and the babies up to the D-note for the Hawaiian Jam. It was amazing how many Hawaiians we have in Denver and well they keep their music and dances alive. The hula ladies were terrific. We'll have bring all these groups together someday for a Castaways Christmas Islands blowout.

And my last Moai is gonna be staying at the D-note for a month or two showing off its huge chin.. so drop by, get pizza and a beer and say Aloha to a tiki.

Mr. Dale

Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-17 5:49 pm   Permalink

Fink...I'm still giggling about your Corinthian leather joke....good stuff brother.

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-21 07:44 am   Permalink

I sincerely hope to see as many of you as possible at our gathering on Saturday. It should be a classic good time!!!

Till then.

T.F.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation