FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
Denver Tiki - General info, events, etc.
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-02 4:53 pm   Permalink

i;m looking for a good bar with good tiki drinks in denver... ccan any one help?

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-el
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-03-02 4:59 pm   Permalink

i;m looking for a good bar with good tiki drinks in denver... can any one help? please send me a PM

View Profile of tiki-el Send a personal message to tiki-el  Email tiki-el     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-04 3:50 pm   Permalink

Deadbolt reminder and update.

Deadbolt will be playing in Denver for two consecutive nights.

Friday March, 9th and Saturday March 10th.

This is some great fun!!!

I had mentioned in an earlier post that I was thinking about a pre show at my place. My work schedule has made this impossible. I will, however be at both shows!! If you are reading this, you have no doubt seen my pic, so if I have not met you yet, do say hello if you make the very wise choice to go.

See ya there!

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-08 8:14 pm   Permalink

Fink and I were talking about this last night and we are both planning on going to the show Friday night. Beforehand, we are going to meet up at the Twin Dragon Restaurant around 8 or 8:30 (3021 S. Broadway in Englewood) for a flaming volcano or a scorpion bowl. Feel free to stop by and join us, we'll be in the bar.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-01 08:08 am   Permalink

I have heard rumblings about Tiki stuff at Big Lost. As many of you know, there are some gems among the junk there, like last years Enchanted Tiki Room style Pele Tiki. For my part, I am going to start looking and report back here with my findings. Any contributions to this effort would be super helpful.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-02 8:23 pm   Permalink

They have some junk in there again this year and they also have the Peles again. I saw this year's stuff about 3-4 weeks ago up in Westminster.

Zulu

View Profile of ZuluMagoo Send a personal message to ZuluMagoo  Email ZuluMagoo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-04 10:17 am   Permalink

Ditto..

I was at the Big Lost on 120th and Sheridan and that is what I saw. They did have a small bamboo resin fountain that could be pretty cool in the right spot $90. There was also a " Halogen Tiki Fountain " , no clue as to what it does or if it is cool at all, but again a smal fountain for a small spot.

T.F.

Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-04 4:41 pm   Permalink

Dang Fink, I was hoping you hit the one on 80th and Sherridan...guess I'll have to go check it out and report back...

So what does everybody think of a little informal meet up at the Red Lantern (88th and Wads) sometime soon...It's edible Chinese and passible drinks, but they do serve in vintage orchids, and light their volcano bowls up!

and a little proof of flame:

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Dale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-06 4:11 pm   Permalink

Hell yes Helz......I'm in if'n the babies say daddy can go.

Did any of you cats make it to Deadbolt on the Saturday night or did ya get stabbed by the stage stripper outside after the show Friday night? I was there Saturday and was one happy ear bleeding camper right next to the stage.

But according to the drummer girl from 'Get three coffins ready'......the stripper next to the stage stole the whole show. Tell me more.

View Profile of Mr. Dale Send a personal message to Mr. Dale  Email Mr. Dale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-09 10:59 pm   Permalink

Helz - The Lantern sounds good, set up a time and Alissa and I are in. Dale, hope you and Amy can make it, it has been a while. Fink, can you swing your evening schedule so you and Randi can make it? Matterhorn, can you and Joyce make it?

Additionally, I got a note from Monty and Linda and they will be in Colorado Springs on Saturday April 28th and plan on hitting the Castaways that night. Who else wants to make the short drive down south? We had a great time last year when the group of us drove down. It is definitely worth the hour drive from Denver. Alissa and I will also be heading heading down that way.

Let's do both and start off the spring/summer with a bang. FYI there are several local tiki events in the works coming up this summer so keep your ears open. A quick preview of events includes another luau at Tiki Finks(Fink and I have briefly discussed, but I'll let him tell you all about it), a hosted tiki tour of Denver, a second installment of Tiki Fink Theater (the first one was a blast), a tribute to Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room hosted at the grand opening of the Kona Luanii, a possible Denver chop chop event (Helz and Dale, we could use your help with this one), a 'Night of Tiki' slideshow or two if I can find the right venue to host and of course the opening of 'The Hut'. Then finally, the Hukilau in Ft. Lauderdale and Tiki Oasis in San Diego (I am also heading to both events and HIGHLY recommend either, or better yet both). Lots happening this summer.

[ This Message was edited by: ZuluMagoo 2007-04-09 23:02 ]

Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-11 7:16 pm   Permalink

Dale, I was at both Deadbolt shows. Good times. Damn near took a week to fully recover. Helz, we would be down for the Lantern if the timing is right.

T.F.

Matterhorn1959
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-17 06:20 am   Permalink

Hey all- Joyce and I are up for anything. Just let us know date and time and we will try to make it. Zulu- let me know if you want help with the Enchanted Tiki Room celebration.

View Profile of Matterhorn1959 Send a personal message to Matterhorn1959  Goto the website of Matterhorn1959     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-18 4:31 pm   Permalink

Nice! So I don't have a definite date nailed down yet, but I was thinking maybe the first/second week of May, maybe a Friday or Saturday (I don't know how available you'd be Fink).

I'll talk to the Wahine Zulu and see if we can swing going south with ya, I'm anxious to check the place out.

Matterhorn, I still have the Item for ya.

...Well, off to catch Pink Martini at the Paramount!

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
doc

Posted: 2007-04-23 9:41 pm   Permalink

****Additionally, I got a note from Monty and Linda and they will be in Colorado Springs on Saturday April 28th and plan on hitting the Castaways that night. Who else wants to make the short drive down south? We had a great time last year when the group of us drove down. It is definitely worth the hour drive from Denver. Alissa and I will also be heading heading down that way.*****

Hi mates!

We are figuring about 6:30 Saturday. Does this work for anyone and everyone?

doc
a/k/a Linda

View Profile of doc Send a personal message to doc  Email doc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZuluMagoo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-04-25 5:05 pm   Permalink

Alissa and I are planning on heading down to the Castaways on Sat night to meet up with Monty and Linda. Anyone else going? It takes one hour to get there from Park Meadows Mall. If anyone wants to carpool, we can meet at 5:15 in the parking lot of the mall and be at the Castaways by 6:30.

Set sail for the Castaways! Colorado's forgotten tiki paradise.

Zulu

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation