FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving swap piece update!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
swap piece update!!
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 04:46 am   Permalink

Looks like he is Pouting Bigtime about something! Cool lookin Moai drake, maybe ready for one of the upcoming TV Commercial spots.
You going to the bigWoodworking/construction tools and supply convention this weekend at the LV Convention center?
Automach is supposed to have a showing there and maybe they will have their big Recip carver there. Get one if you can. ( A blue or grey(depending on model) box with a chuck sticking out of it with a heavy duty flexshaft attached to it---Excellent systems. No telling who else will be there, I know I would LOVE to go.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 08:33 am   Permalink

ben, i don't know anything about this show. can you give me some more info? or a link? thanks.

thanks for all the encouragement with this piece. i thought it was kind of dorky for awhile. it's starting to sand out nice. the jade has some great colors.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 8:25 pm   Permalink

lots of sanding going on. he's a smooth guy so far.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-19 8:43 pm   Permalink

I really like that profile, PD. Makes me smile when I see it. You've been on a good run lately, keep it up.
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-20 5:42 pm   Permalink

thanks a lot buzzy!

here is the latest . . . worked for awhile today. still working with the 120 grit. then it's on to the fine stuff and then the finer stuff. woohoo!

i need some music to listen to.

JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-20 5:46 pm   Permalink

Nice expression on the face. How did you get the eye to gleam like that?

JP

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-20 5:49 pm   Permalink

heh, thanks. just luck of the flash.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-25 11:43 pm   Permalink

first shot at bone. it's a little more forgiving than jade. stinky, though.

the dog was staring at me the whole time. he thought i bought it for him. silly dog.

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 6:58 pm   Permalink

pDrake, REally NICE Lines on that hook, Really Sweet, I Likes it a Lots. I can see you were having a good time finishing this one. Must have felt great to see such results without having to go thru SO Many gritz of paper and stuff. Most Excellent.
What kind of muzik you like?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-26 7:19 pm   Permalink

heh, thanks ben.

lounge
rockabilly
reggae
blues
rock
oldies
beatles
classical
funk
world

pretty much anything.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 8:22 pm   Permalink

first earring ready for the details.

still working on sanding the flinstone moai.

Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-29 8:34 pm   Permalink

Nice earring so far, pdrake. It's very symetrical and that's tough to do. It 's also bone? Don't let your dog get it!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 8:37 pm   Permalink

thanks. yes, it's bone. it's actually antique ivory.

Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 9:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-01-29 20:37, pdrake wrote:
thanks. yes, it's bone. it's actually antique ivory.

That latest hook is very nice, very clean & crisp; Always a good look.

Grog-Moai is a character too.

Does antique ivory avoid the legal restrictions surrounding materials such as ivory/whalebone etc..? G

Have you got yourself a grinding wheel yet??

TamaTheTerrible

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-29 9:16 pm   Permalink

as far as my research has shown ivory harvested before the ban is legal. these pieces are from an estate during the 20s where the person made dominoes. most of them were glued to a piece of ebony and looked like they were destined for such a piece. the glue came apart quite easily and smelled of musty, dusty glue.

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2007-01-29 21:17 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation