FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving swap piece update!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
swap piece update!!
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 7:46 pm   Permalink

latest hook. siberian jade finding. i think i sanded down my fingernails more than it.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigap
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 7:59 pm   Permalink

damn perry! great stuff!

View Profile of tikigap Send a personal message to tikigap  Email tikigap Goto the website of tikigap     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 8:18 pm   Permalink

Sweet! Nice contours going there. No need for a manicurist now, huh?

What happened to the earrings?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 8:22 pm   Permalink

thanks, gap, dav!

the earrings are up next. #2 is being sanded tonight.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 8:40 pm   Permalink

What's up Drake?! I see you survived the superbowl weekend. Did you ever finish the whale tail guy? Also, on another hook you did a couple back, it looks like you used a jade inlay. I noticed on the new one you used some sort metal. Doin' a little blacksmithin', are you? What is that?
Anyway, cool stuff. post that whaley guy if you're done.

Take care,
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 8:45 pm   Permalink

thanks buzzy. the whale is still sitting there waiting to get finished.

that's not metal, it's jade. bad photo i guess. a new camera is on the list, but down a few items.

superbowl was quite a task. i worked sunday morning from 7am-2pm. i designed the parties for the mgm and the bellagio. had to make sure my babies went off without a hitch.

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2007-02-08 20:46 ]

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2007-02-08 20:46 ]

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-08 8:53 pm   Permalink

AHHHHH! I see it now. I feel stupid. I'll blame my laptop...Keep your camera.
We did a superbowl party, got 4 props stolen and somebody ripped the heads off all of the Colts. Poor Peyton! Get to do a jungle party tomorrow...
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-13 6:11 pm   Permalink

ivory moai almost done!

[ This Message was edited by: pdrake 2007-02-13 18:12 ]

Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 8:07 pm   Permalink

Cool Moai, lots of character.
This threads getting pretty hard to keep up with these days, phew!

Great stuff. Keep it up.

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 8:17 pm   Permalink

PDrake, This is by FAR your BEST Moai. You were Right On when you said it was Fabulous, Congrats!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 8:37 pm   Permalink

I like the curvey distorted style of said Moai. Very unique. Nice work, brudduh!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 8:38 pm   Permalink

Beautiful Piece! I really dig your artist take on the Moai. Great work!!!

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-14 10:14 pm   Permalink

wow wow wow wow!

thanks sooo much you guys. i can't tell you how much that means to me. i'm having "artist angst" right now. i don't know how many know, but i'm an artist by day also. it's a loveless job that only pleases the clients and the sales people that deal with them. i work behind the scenes and don't get a lot of recognition. it seems that some of my work here has fallen by the wayside because of the astounding amount and level of work that is being posted these days. it really helps me to step up my efforts when i see what others are doing.

well, enough about my issues. thanks again for the props.

here's the latest pic of this guy. i'm really, really happy with him so far. it's based on the famous picture from thor's book cover and i felt i could glom onto the "famous" part because, well, i live in vegas. (and sam g. put a worm in my head. thanks sam.)

600 grit so far and a few more hundred to go.

Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 1:08 pm   Permalink

Wow, I am amazed at how far you have come in such a short time, beautiful stuff!!!

Congrats on all the new stuff!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 1:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-14 22:14, pdrake wrote:
i don't know how many know, but i'm an artist by day also. it's a loveless job that only pleases the clients and the sales people that deal with them. i work behind the scenes...

Never knew... What sort of work do you do? Im guessing there'd be some wacky jobs coming your way in Vegas..?

T3

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation