FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving swap piece update!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
swap piece update!!
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-15 1:31 pm   Permalink

thanks queen k!

yep, some are pretty wacky. right now two projects i'm working on are sculpting a 10 foot 1942 lockheed electra a12 from foam (the plane from casa blanca) and michael jordan's birthday cake. a $15,000 birthday cake.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-19 8:19 pm   Permalink

well, i'm done with this guy. i'm going to put a hole in his head and call it a day.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 8:21 pm   Permalink

mmmm, chewey . . .

Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-20 11:59 pm   Permalink

Looks yummy Drake! Look out for people trying to eat them, though. Pull them right off the fridge in junk food binge.
Hey, maybe ladies pendants with matching hair clips...All hot pink of course!
You get the hole drilled in that other guy? In that last picture, that different colored part of the `stone really stands out. Is that just the lighting or did the sanding make difference in the two tones more apparent? Seems like it was more muted in past pictures.
Post a couple more angles when he's all done please...
Buzzy

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-21 01:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-02-19 20:19, pdrake wrote:
well, i'm done with this guy. i'm going to put a hole in his head and call it a day.

Good one mate; chalk it up... Check PM as to your enquiry.

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-21 02:59 am   Permalink

Excellent work, love the slightly motled look of No3. If your going to make a batch of them might be interested in a couple.
Regards
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-02-21 07:17 am   Permalink

Hey Perry, your castings look good! (That's a great looking Moai anyways)
Did you use tint to get the speckled look, or flick on some paint later?

I know you are an artist as a profession, but what is it that you do (if I may be so bold)?

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-21 08:58 am   Permalink

thanks!

dave, i work at mgm mirage events as a designer. i design props, decor and other elements that make it into the events. sometimes i actually build them. sometimes i build a prototype and that goes to the production studio and the production artists build the rest. (the ballrooms at our properties are huge so there are always more than one piece. usually.) i also do a lot of visualization for the clients using 3d software.

mostly i sit at my desk and try to look busy.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-21 09:02 am   Permalink

the tint was added to the resin by dipping a toothpick into the tint before stirring the resin. i guess it didn't totally mix thus causing a mottled appearance. it's okay, looks like big red chewing gum. i'll probably make some more pink ones.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 7:20 pm   Permalink

well, i bought the cheapie blue weecher. let me tell you, you get what you pay for. it died the first week when i put the slightest bit of torque on it. shelled out a few more dollars and got the better, silver one. it came today and i was able to start engraving the taiaha earrings. man, this ivory is like butter and it takes a polish like silk.

(plus, the little mastadon moais earrings there.)

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 7:33 pm   Permalink

wow, i highly reccommend this weecher. zoooom!!

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-22 7:43 pm   Permalink

Excellent looking stuff there PDrake. I just worry about the Ivory and I know I shouldn't.
I have the silver Wecheer and it is Pretty good but will bog down. Too bad there are "No Replacable parts for it. It was a good intro into the Micro Motors though.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
flynny
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-23 11:25 am   Permalink

PD
I got the Weecha micromotor in the UK, so far I'm lovin it.
Love the Moai earings, really nice, how did you polish them, I struggle with real small pieces and tight detail.
Regards
Flynny

View Profile of flynny Send a personal message to flynny  Email flynny     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-28 8:43 pm   Permalink

thanks flynny! i polished them . . . very carefully.

i also got some silicone discs.

here's the latest on the maori earrings. they're almost done. whew. i'm learning a lot with these.

pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-02-28 11:04 pm   Permalink

well, just need to put the findings on now. sterling silver. they look okay as long as you don't stare at them under a magnifying glass (which i do).

next set will be better. i really like this style so i'll be making more sets.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation