[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hukilau-related question
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Hukilau-related question
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-26 3:57 pm   Permalink

Bumping this old thread and looking for any Taxi/Shared Van updates or experiences during last December's Hukilau.

First timer here. Holly and I arrive many hours apart on the 13th, so I'll be heading to the hotel solo. Many in this thread state about a $15 plus tip Taxi ride. Is that still the case?

I'm leaning toward the Taxi ride, as it looks to be only about a 15 minute trip from FLL to the Yankee. Don't like the idea of spending an hour or more crammed in a shared ride van for what would normally be a 15-20 minute trip.

So, I'm looking for advise and your experiences from the last Hukilau.

Also...my arrival at FLL is scheduled at 4:00pm on June 13th, and headed to the Yankee Clipper. If anyone else is getting in around that time and wants to connect up at the airport and share a Taxi...give a shout and maybe we can hook up and split the ride costs and save some money for drinks!

Ditto for Holly, who's scheduled into FLL at 8:05pm, also on the 13th.

Mahalo!

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mogambo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 11:15 am   Permalink

I am flying in on the 13th (wednesday) around 6 pm and driving from Miami Airport directly to the Maikai. Who is on the same track and needs a lift?

www.armchair-travelling.com

View Profile of Mogambo Send a personal message to Mogambo  Email Mogambo Goto the website of Mogambo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-28 11:29 am   Permalink

Hey Prem-Ex!

I'd due to arrive at the Ft. L airport also on Wed the 13th, but at 4:58 on Continental.
If you feel like hanging out for another hour after your 4:00 arrival in order to split a ride, I'm game!
But I completely understand if you wanna start gettin' your Huki on ASAP.

I had fun running into King Kuke last year, who hopped in the car with me and my swell roomie Sandra who'd rented a car for the event. See y'all soon!
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-29 1:49 pm   Permalink

Just got an email from Southwest Airlines that they're having a sale to Greater Fort Lauderdale. The fares require a 14-day advance purchase, so if you live in an area that Southwest serves, haven't bought your plane tickets yet, and can do it in the next day or two, you might find yourself a deal!

Here's a link to the specials.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-31 11:32 am   Permalink

Thanks for the info and the bump, hubby and I are coming, it's good to know the taxi's are pretty reasonable. We're arriving *early* Thursday.
Can't wait!!

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-31 12:21 pm   Permalink

swooping down Thursday from Providence (R.I...not divine!) ......about 2:30 on Southwest (thanks for the tip Jen-Tiki)....amicable lanky fellow with grey muttonchops (and red & black Aloha shirt)....TAXI !.....let's get there and catch up on the Aloha spirit ! yeah I'm ready

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-31 12:26 pm   Permalink

That's about when I arrive. Heading to the hotel and then be at the Mai Kai for Happy Hour at 5PM... We are coming from Nashville. I'll look for you in the airport...

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-03 08:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-05-28 11:29, Formikahini wrote:
Hey Prem-Ex!

I'd due to arrive at the Ft. L airport also on Wed the 13th, but at 4:58 on Continental.
If you feel like hanging out for another hour after your 4:00 arrival in order to split a ride, I'm game!
But I completely understand if you wanna start gettin' your Huki on ASAP.

Thanks! But I'm afraid it will have more to do with getting my jammies on!

Normally, I would be more than happy to wait the hour for your flight to arrive. But earlier that morning I have to get up at 3am to catch my LAX-DEN-FLL connecting flight from Hell...and knowing that I won't get much sleep the night before and can't sleep on airplanes...I think I'd rather head to the Clipper straight away so that I can get a couple of hours sleep before Holly arrives from Houston. Otherwise...I'm not going to be worth poop for the rest of the evening. For me...it's going to be a loooong travel day!

But if my flight should be late in arriving and yours is not late...then maybe we can still share? I'll PM you with my cell and flight numbers and all that.

Mahalo!

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hula Cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-03 12:05 pm   Permalink

Sounds good Swanky ...and the added advantage of having two sets of sideburns in a cab!....Be looking for you.... I'll pm my cell ....happy hour ...at the Mai Kai ! ! Aloha

View Profile of Hula Cat Send a personal message to Hula Cat  Email Hula Cat Goto the website of Hula Cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation