FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki The Forbidden Island/Munktiki Bad Liver ON SALE OCTOBER 1st 3:00pm
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Forbidden Island/Munktiki Bad Liver ON SALE OCTOBER 1st 3:00pm
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2006-09-26 1:42 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

It is with great pleasure that we announce the launch of the first collaboration between Munktiki (www.munktiki.com) and Forbidden Island available to the public:

We are proud to present the ultra-limited edition Munktiki/Forbidden Island collectible tiki mug known simply as

THE BAD LIVER

The Limited Edition Forbidden Island Bad Liver Mug features:

-Unique design by Stuckie of a rotten liver (yum!), its sure to be a conversation piece for years to come.
-An elaborate multi-color glaze available nowhere else.
-Comes with certificate of authenticity, and recipe card featuring the award-winning Bad Liver Cocktail, created by Martin of Forbidden Island.
-Includes a coupon good for one Bad Liver Cocktail at Forbidden Island
-Less than 25 will be available!
-Only $60

The FI Bad Liver Mug goes on sale SUNDAY, OCTOBER 1st at 3:00pm.

The Fine Print: Because of overwhelming demand, this mug is strictly limited to one per person. CASH ONLY. Mugs will be sold on an in-person, first come, first served basis starting Sunday- no exceptions. Those interested should form a line along the front of Forbidden Island before 3pm. Those in line will be issued one voucher which can be exchanged for one mug. The voucher will be issued in numerical order with numbers corresponding to the number of the mug. Voucher will be good Sunday 10/1/06 only.

Enjoy, and see you at Forbidden Island!

-Martin
www.forbiddenislandalameda.com

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 1:54 pm   Permalink

Will you have the door locked until 3:00?

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 2:02 pm   Permalink

oh god, yes!

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 3:21 pm   Permalink

The Fine Print:

I've never been to Forbidden Aisle before, can I still get one? Is that Pacific Standard time, or Greenwich Mean? Is camping out permitted (still have my pup tent from "Lord of the Rings:, the Ring Gets Re-Sized" may the force be with you, Harry Potter). Can I get mine autographed by Sonya and Thayer? Can you make mine a Hawaii Kai Treasure, this Bad Liver thing sounds like cack. I got an email about this, does that mean I already have one reserved (I've saved the email)?

Is it tiki? The dingo took Andy.

Love for sale,
Commander midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 4:38 pm   Permalink

I live in Michigan, I don't even know why I collect tiki mugs. They all seem to be selling to Californians as of lately

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hala bullhiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-26 9:26 pm   Permalink

amen to that

View Profile of hala bullhiki Send a personal message to hala bullhiki  Email hala bullhiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-27 07:18 am   Permalink

Would love to see a picture of this!

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kbgator
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 08:19 am   Permalink

That's why its called collecting, TeaKey. It would not be as fun if everything was right at your fingertips. We eastcoasters have to work a little harder to find new ways to our treasures. Maybe we should form a team of super-tiki-collectors that work together to find peace and tiki mugs from around the world, or something like that.

View Profile of kbgator Send a personal message to kbgator  Email kbgator     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-09-27 08:36 am   Permalink

Humuhumu has a pic of the Bad Liver on her blog: http://blog.humuhumu.com/

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 08:46 am   Permalink

TeaKey,

I'm with you mate. Why should we be punished for living east of the Rockies (or the Bullwinkles for that matter)? I travel to as many tiki events as I can but still can't make it to all these great places as often as I would like. Are these mugs being made to be status symbols for the elite or a way for some very un-tiki types to scam some serious e-bay bucks off of suckers like me?

Okay that's my two pukas worth.

Matt

p.s. It's still a cool mug but if you fire them we will buy them.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 09:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-27 08:46, rugbymatt wrote:
Are these mugs being made to be status symbols for the elite or a way for some very un-tiki types to scam some serious e-bay bucks off of suckers like me?

Yep. It's all a conspiracy.

If you read the piece on Humu's blog, you'll see that some will be available on ebay, which is pretty much par for the course for Munktiki. (Of course, they won't have the multi-color glaze and hence will probably be less bilarific.)

Granted, it is a drag to live somewhere so far from something you enjoy collecting, but it seems kind of petty to fault others who happen to be lucky enough to be in the thick of things. It's all a trade off. I'm sure you don't have as much smog, crime or earthquakes as us elite Californians. Lucky us. At least we've got the good mugs.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 09:10 am   Permalink

I guess its just been getting to me that there really isn't a tiki bar around here for me to go to. The mugs are one of the few thing that somebody like me can get here, a majority of the time.

Forbidden Island looks like the bar to be at. Its getting a lot of talk here and in the magazines. This limited liver mug comes with a coupon off a drink and I thought that it would have been cool to score one of these mugs and then travel to California one year to use my coupon.

Collecting mug with all the trouble is fun. I hunt all year long around here in thrift store only to get the run-of the-mill mugs that others can find or toss back in just a weekend. Event mugs, I have always asked in posts if any could pick me up one. I even PM some people that I knew were going and I don't even get a reply back on those types of things. Hell, just the event would be a joy to go to but that isn't going to happen. Its hard to get a "friend" to pick one up, cause I'm not getting any face time with people cause I don't live where the events are taking place. I really wanted the black Art 3 mug but I want to pay what the people at the event pay plus shipping and handling but not double on Ebay.

Even buying off the internet is a hunt cause you have to know when and where and be fast and not wait on it. I can do that and thats fun but I'm just not in the right state to be in the right "state" of mind when it comes to great mugs and tiki spirits.

THe funny thing is that Tiki bars where made so that people felt they were in Hawaii. Now we need then around here so we tiki lovers feel like we're in California.

I know that I'll have my day someday, i just wish it was sooner. I think that I got a plan to combat some of this but I just have to move on it. Maybe today will be the day.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 09:20 am   Permalink

Kate,

You sooo missed my point(if there was one?). I am not faulting those who live out in Cali since many of them are quite good friends and I ventured out there 4 times already this year. My beef (or chicken if you prefer) is with the organizers of these things. Apologies to Otto who does a great job and I am sure already has a plan to correct the mug deficiency problem from Tiki Oasis. All I am saying is give the rest of us a chance too. Hanford did it with the Tiki Mag mug and that worked out okay.

Anyway, nothin' but love. Hope to see you at Hukilau.

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 09:35 am   Permalink

Martiki,

Please don't take offence. Thanks for the great t-shirt you gave me at Tiki Oasis.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-27 09:48 am   Permalink

Yeah, no one is blaming the lucky people, I'm just frustrated to not be the lucky people. Its what it is I guess.

There is one way but probably will never go anytime soon. It mostly has to do with the super low number runs. Most of the time, if the number is super low and the price is usually higher. THere could be a pre sale for the mug on the internet or a lottery. Or there could be a surplus of twenty mugs to be pre sold on the internet. Now if you win and you are going to the event, you pick up there. No line, no shipping costs and more time for the event. The ones not going, will just be shipped after the event. It would be cool to see done once.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation