FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki The Forbidden Island/Munktiki Bad Liver ON SALE OCTOBER 1st 3:00pm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
The Forbidden Island/Munktiki Bad Liver ON SALE OCTOBER 1st 3:00pm
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-28 6:12 pm   Permalink

I think there is a big difference between someone who makes a living going out and finding some tiki stuff and passing it on at a reasonable mark up or to trade, and someone who goes and buys exclusive/limited items just to sell. I personally have no problems with someone making a living selling tiki stuff, I actually appreciate the fact that they spend lots of their time locating cool stuff. I do have an issue with non-tiki yahoos that go to the thrift store and find a tiki Bob for a buck and sell it on ebay for a hundred.

Dr. TikiMojo, I saw your stand at FI and talked to you enough to recognize your not an Ebay Pirate (are they the new Ebay Monkeys?). Just because your a seller, doesn't make you a pirate, that term should be reserved for those who have no affiliation with tiki and are just out pillaging.

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegreenman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-28 6:58 pm   Permalink

It would be really cool if these sculptors like Muntiki and all the other artists would have some autographed mugs or other art available for some kind of raffle or contest, maybe sponsored by TikiCentral (hint hint nudge nudge).

Everyone throw in $10 to the raffle per entry, give away 5 mugs and or art pieces to random winners and donate the proceeds to some worthy charity or put it towards hiring talent/speakers for the next Hukilau.

Lots of other clubs or groups do these raffles. It's be a great way to build community and spread the wealth.

View Profile of thegreenman Send a personal message to thegreenman  Email thegreenman Goto the website of thegreenman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thegreenman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-28 7:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-09-28 18:12, minitor wrote:
I think there is a big difference between someone who makes a living going out and finding some tiki stuff and passing it on at a reasonable mark up or to trade, and someone who goes and buys exclusive/limited items just to sell. I personally have no problems with someone making a living selling tiki stuff, I actually appreciate the fact that they spend lots of their time locating cool stuff. I do have an issue with non-tiki yahoos that go to the thrift store and find a tiki Bob for a buck and sell it on ebay for a hundred.

Dr. TikiMojo, I saw your stand at FI and talked to you enough to recognize your not an Ebay Pirate (are they the new Ebay Monkeys?). Just because your a seller, doesn't make you a pirate, that term should be reserved for those who have no affiliation with tiki and are just out pillaging.

Hey I recently bought some vintage Star Wars stuff at a garage sale and sold it on ebay for like 200% markup, does this make me a non-star wars yahoo or a shrewd shopper?

View Profile of thegreenman Send a personal message to thegreenman  Email thegreenman Goto the website of thegreenman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-30 05:57 am   Permalink

if your into the subject matter, whether its tiki or star wars or whatever, and can find a deal then your a shrewd buyer. If you can make a profit more power to you. If you have no idea what something is, but think you can make a quick buck on ebay, then your a yahoo.

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 1:15 pm   Permalink

I drove by Forbbiden Island today about 9.30 there was a line already!!!

I said hello to some regular patrons.. then went on my way..

I already have my own bad liver in a one of a kind multi color glazed of it's own color.

I don't need a mug to remind me. haha

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 5:24 pm   Permalink

here's #12

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 6:54 pm   Permalink

Don't feel bad, out of towners.

I don't even have a FI mug!

Martin,

How does a nobody like me get one? ( FI mug. not bad liver. )

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-01 6:57 pm   Permalink

Chilled with some great folks in line at Forbidden Island today. We thought we were crazy for showing up at 6:45 am, but we were quickly joined by other nutbags- nachotiki and the wonderful Thayer and Scott. After many poker games and listening to exotica on the portable turntable we all solidified a common feeling of aloha.
We were surprised that the line didn't flesh out until around 2. Everyone got their disgustingly beautiful mug and promptly ordered too many drinks afterward. The best way to spend a Sunday. Hope to see everyone else at the next one. Thanks to Martiki and staff!Pictures to follow...

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-28 1:47 pm   Permalink

It was only a matter of time...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation