FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The Lono Lounge Re-Opening Party!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Lono Lounge Re-Opening Party!!
birdgirl

Posted: 2006-10-17 6:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha Bargoyle - We hope your party goes well - it sounds like you went all out and it will be a great time!

We are New Englanders now located in NYC and just recently getting into "organized" tiki (very loose usage there). Just got back from Hukilau last week and can't believe there are so many tikis in the northeast. Looking forward to meeting you and all the others at some point.

Take care

View Profile of birdgirl Send a personal message to birdgirl  Email birdgirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-19 07:44 am   Permalink

Thanks birdgirl. If you get the itch, you're more than welcome to head on up.

Two days left....waaaaay too much work to do. Think I'm gonna take tmrw off from work to get it all knocked out.

A heads up to those who havent been to my place before....the road I'm on is heavily traveled, and FAST, and there's no real room to park on the street.

There's a street called Walbridge Hill (I'm the second driveway on the left after it) that you can park on, or pull on into my driveway and make a hard left onto the lawn.

See everyone saturday afternoon!

Sully (The Bargoyle)

[ This Message was edited by: bargoyle 2006-10-19 11:48 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-20 05:51 am   Permalink

A plea for help!!

Nobody is stocking Demerra Rum anymore!! Cant get the special order until tuesday!!!

I have one bottle of 80 proof, and thats it.

I could use another bottle of 80 and at least one 151.

Anybody got a supplier?

Please let me know. I'll gladly reimburse you when you get to the party.

Post here or PM me if you can hook it up. Thanks.

See everyone tmrw!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-20 07:14 am   Permalink

Only place I know is Kappy's in Saugus (down street from da Kowloon). No way I can get there before Sat.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-20 11:36 pm   Permalink

I've got half a bottle of Lemon Hart Demerara, and I'll bring it.

Couldn't find any at local liquor stores at all!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 05:33 am   Permalink

It's ok Granite. Don't wanna pilfer from your bar to feed mine.

I've got one full bottle of 80, its the 151 I was looking for (bunch of drinks I like in the grog log that require it).

Tiki Mortis gave me a lead, but I don't know if I'll have time to get there.

If not, I've still got enough rum & mixers to kill the whole lot of us.

5 1/2 hours until the grand re-opening. Much to do, much to do.

See everyone here!!

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-21 07:01 am   Permalink

Pilfer Schmilfer. I'll bring it just in case!

Departing for Tolland soon!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 05:20 am   Permalink

WOW! I can't believe I survived last night! Somehow Bargoyle really did talk Waitiki into playing his backyard yesterday and somehow most of us stayed vertical long enough to enjoy them. Thank you, Bargoyle and Waitiki for the best tiki event since, well, the Hukilau but anyway--what a great time! For those of you who missed your shot at a free Waitiki concert and a free mug--what were you thinking? You should have flown in from wherever you were!!!

Kate, Granite Tiki and John (jpmartdog) in the Lono Lounge

Free mugs!

John chooses his mug.

That's Carl, Tiki Greg and wife Kathleen

Waitiki!

Johnman, Missy & SB

Waitiki movies (.MOV files--use Apple's Quicktime Player )

MOVIE

MOVIE

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 07:10 am   Permalink

That was a great party, Sully! Thank you for being such a gracious host!

And the Lono Lounge looks fantastic in person!

Pappy, thanks for tending bar and not using any of your newfound knowledge from your bartending class.

It was fantastic to see so many of the new englanders in one place. Now, I guess the planning begins on my little party...

--sbim

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 10:03 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone for comming out to our little shindig. It was great to see everyone.

Big mahaloz to tikigreg for running the bar, and to pappy for doing pretty much EVERYTHING (he came over at 10am & helped me build the stage, clean, rake leaves...you name it) It wouldn't have gone off without you man. Can't thank ya enough.

And of course, thanks to Waitiki for another amazing show. I dont think I want to ever have another party without them. A great group of guys and fantastic musicians to boot.

OK, I gotta go deal with a hangover and start cleaning up this place..... anyone want leftover chinese food?

jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 10:38 am   Permalink

Wow what a great event! Thanks so much Bargoyle and Ms. Bargoyle for bringing us all together! The Lono Lounge is back! It looks great and I believe it was properly broken in. Everything was perfect (well maybe we could have used about 40 more degrees in temperature - but us New Englanders are tough!) Thanks for the Mug! The food was great! and the entertainment!........ Waitiki! I still can't believe they are from Boston! Go to this YouTube link to see the Waitiki Antics - and you gotta see "Sumitori Superman" at the end!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDtIwDeyjGM

and here is some more of the sights

Our Lovely Hostess

Pappy at the helm!

Kate and Granite Tiki

Granite believes in power naps!

Waitiki in beautiful New England

If there is a heaven - I found it!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 11:21 am   Permalink

I forgot to mention - This is how I feel today.......

Burp!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 12:30 pm   Permalink

I forgot to post a pic of Sully (Bargoyle). That's him in the Hawaiian shirt on the right.

Thanks for the time, Sully. I don't have to drink again at all this month!

P.S. I'll take some of that white rice if any's left.

tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 12:33 pm   Permalink

Good times, good times. It was wonderful to meet some more of the TC New England chapter, and to see Sully and Jess again! The Lono Lounge looks great, restored impeccably to it's former glory. Just wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the sweet tunes pumped out by those wacky Waitiki dudes.

Kath & I had a great time, and hope we can hook up with you folks again in the future!

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kikekeki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-22 5:37 pm   Permalink

Mahaloz! for the movies...
Looks like everyone had a great time! Wish I were there, no wait, too cold! Guess I'd have to drink ALOT of rum to keep warm (spoiled Florida girl) ;p

View Profile of kikekeki Send a personal message to kikekeki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation