[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Martin Denny & Julie London
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Martin Denny & Julie London
Mashuka
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-09-29 10:10 pm   Permalink

Just a little nostalgia. About 4 minutes into it.
http://www.philxmilstein.com/probe/tracks/LibertyPromoPt1.mp3

View Profile of Mashuka Send a personal message to Mashuka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-09-30 11:50 am   Permalink

Shoot, man, I can't open it....what it is?

(Soon as I saw Martin Denny and Julie London in the same thread, my interest was captured!!)

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
twitch
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2006-10-01 6:08 pm   Permalink

It's a quicktime file... David Seville (of 'The Chipmunks' infamy) & Julie London host a short overview of Liberty Records' repertoire!
Nice! Julie breathily (sorta... or it's just my excited imagination) extolling her love of Quiet Village and Primitiva...

View Profile of twitch Send a personal message to twitch      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-01 11:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-01 18:08, twitch wrote:
It's a quicktime file...

Actually, it's not a Quicktime file at all. It's an MP3 file which is not exclusive to Apple's Quicktime and is a cross platform format. Pretty much anything can play them...Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, Quicktime, etc, etc. It just depends on how your computer is configured to play MP3s by default. If you've got a Mac...then your computer is probably already default-configured to use Quicktime. If you've got a Windows PC...it's probably configured to use Windows Media Player. But anyone can change which player they want to play these file types with.

Also...if your web browser doesn't have the plug-in that's needed...that could effect the ability to play by just clicking on the link. If you've got a Windows machine, I might suggest right-clicking on the link and then selecting "Save Target As." You can then download the entire file to your computer, and once it's done downloading, just try double-clicking on the file icon to see if it plays on it's own (bypassing the web browser entirely).

I don't really know why you can't play the file, as virtually any computer out there should have something on it that plays MP3s! And browser plug-ins should be in place already also.

I suppose it could also be that there were network problems at the time you tried. Or if you have a slow internet connection or if your player is configured in such a way...that the file is unplayable until the entire (in this case huge) file is downloaded completely first.

I'd just suggest you try it again and wait a bit to see if it eventually starts on it's own and/or then hit Play. Especially if you have a slow internet connection. If you've got some sort of internet activity meter that shows you something is downloading...you should be on your way eventually.

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 04:33 am   Permalink

This was a great find - am really enjoying it... Julie London & David Seville... hilarious talking about "the shareholders."

Mahalo!
~Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 1:10 pm   Permalink

My computer is a bit "funny".

Anyway, Julie London! What a total babe!

I had her album cover in my hot little hands when I was a kid, and I just stared and stared and stared!!

Musically speaking, I like the fact that she delivered stuff without all the histrionics and scat singing that some other jazz singers did. She was more like Sinatra in that respect. With impeccable style, swing, timing and image, what a fabulous artist!

To do an album just as a trio,(no drums) is just amazing. Her, Barney Kessel and Ray Leatherwood just tore it up on that album!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 1:17 pm   Permalink

weird--my folks had a Peggy Lee album (Fever I think) and thats EXACTLY what I would do with that when I was about 7--just GLAZE over looking at her--still got a fixation for her PLUS she was a pretty damn impressive artist--sultry [ahhh]

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 4:26 pm   Permalink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julie_London

Need I say more?

Blue Thunder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 5:41 pm   Permalink

I agree too !!!

Dean

View Profile of Blue Thunder Send a personal message to Blue Thunder  Email Blue Thunder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blue Thunder
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-02 5:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-02 13:17, bb moondog wrote:
weird--my folks had a Peggy Lee album (Fever I think) and thats EXACTLY what I would do with that when I was about 7--just GLAZE over looking at her--still got a fixation for her PLUS she was a pretty damn impressive artist--sultry [ahhh]

View Profile of Blue Thunder Send a personal message to Blue Thunder  Email Blue Thunder     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-03 06:31 am   Permalink

DUDE--not THAT record--not that theres ANYTHING WRONG with THAT RECORD..... or ANYTHING that.....--oh $#@!#$U...... never mind

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 10:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-02 17:41, Blue Thunder wrote:

I found this one at a thrift shop a few months ago and had to have it. I'd never heard of Julie London before (I know, I know, but my parents weren't into it when I was a kid), but after seeing the cover, just had to get the record. In great shape, too. I paid a whopping 25 cents. And it sounds great! I'm a Julie London fan now!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-05 02:32 am   Permalink

Funny, I just knew Julie London as the hot nurse on the TV show "Emergency".
Great voice (and yes, very seductive)

Julie London - Bye Bye Blackbird

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-05 08:33 am   Permalink

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

Luckydesigns
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-07 5:39 pm   Permalink

Lucas posted that record cover of the record that I JUST picked up about a month ago. I think she was pretty young here... Mid 1950s, I think... Doesn't sound like her 'typical' breathy style.

View Profile of Luckydesigns Send a personal message to Luckydesigns  Email Luckydesigns Goto the website of Luckydesigns     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation