FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Polynesiac Carving a Tiki for GEICO on SUNDANCE!! Pg 7
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Polynesiac Carving a Tiki for GEICO on SUNDANCE!! Pg 7
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2011-11-17 05:05 am   Permalink

Beautiful stuff! I especially love those lamps!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-17 10:26 am   Permalink

Good to see you back!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-11-18 2:19 pm   Permalink

Aloha and Mahalo for stopping by!

It's been a long while since I shared and I'm happy to talk about any of my carvings or designs. I try to pop onto TC as often as I can, but I don't leave as many comments as I should. I will try and start doing that again soon. I do miss the camaraderie and swapping of ideas of fellow carvers/creators!

I'm excited with how the tang lamp turned out. It was a long process to figure out the little globe and the wiring for it, but in the end it was worth the effort and a great and fun learning experience. I feel like every time I make something I need to challenge myself somehow and it makes the process of creating a little longer, but usually always worth it!

Nixxon - thank you very much! We're stoked to finally own a place and do what we want with it. I've been lurking the home bar and vintage tiki lounge threads coming up with ideas. We'll see what happens, but I'll definitely post the end results as they come!

Thanks Keylo!

JT - whythankyouverymuch!

Creo67 - thanks for the comments and for supporting my work!

Lake - wow, that's quite a nice comment coming from such an excellent artist as yourself and not only well respected in the tiki community, but also around my house! I totally want to buy every carving you make! Thank you very much and remember, next time you're in so cal, we're going beachcombing!

Seagoat - Thanks buddy!

cy - thank you very much. the AIP carving was an interesting and fun one to cast. I didn't think it was going to work, but turned out really neat in the end

Mc - Thanks, friend! Good to hear from you and it's nice to be back, hopefully doing more tiki work than house maintenance on the weekend (like plumbing!)

pjc5150 - thank you! I'm super excited about the garage work space. At my old rental I did all my work either outside or in the laundry room. It's nice to have a place to store all my tools and materials and have some space for an inspiration area too! (that's coming behind the bamboo fence!) Stay tuned!

Zero - thank you! I'm digging the carved table lamps right now!

aloha - Mahalo! Thank you for peeking and for the warm welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my little corner!

Polynesiac - putting the "F" back in "ART"

[ This Message was edited by: Polynesiac 2012-04-26 13:04 ]

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-18 7:23 pm   Permalink

Great collection Polynesiac...really enjoy the "rincon" pendants..good to see you back at it.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-27 05:10 am   Permalink

Really Sweet Stuff Poly-Dude, that lamp is really Cool. Glad to see you haven't lost your touch.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-28 10:01 am   Permalink

Woooo, glad to see veterans coming back for more!!!!!
Yeah that lamp is really sweeeeet...the LED bulb makes it total eye candy!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KAHAKA
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-30 8:29 pm   Permalink

Nice work, braddah!!! Been too long since ya made a showing. Keep it going with the showings, cuz it sho' is good!

Custom Tapa Swag Lamps and Sconces Built By Kahaka

View Profile of KAHAKA Send a personal message to KAHAKA  Email KAHAKA Goto the website of KAHAKA     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skootiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-23 9:30 pm   Permalink

great stuff here!

View Profile of skootiki Send a personal message to skootiki  Email skootiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Mess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-25 03:22 am   Permalink

Cool rope effect on the bases, nice lamps too.
G

View Profile of Atomic Mess Send a personal message to Atomic Mess  Goto the website of Atomic Mess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2012-04-26 11:06 am   Permalink

Aloha friends and thank you so much for the kind words about my carvings and for the bibbidy, bibbidy bump!!

Now that I'm here, I'll through up a few tikis I've been working on:

First up are the first two carvings in my RESPECT series, paying homage to the amazing carvers of the 50's and 60's, where I get much of my design inspiration from. Both are lamps and carved from recycled redwood

Ellis (Homage to Richard Ellis - carver of MANY tikis around so cal, including Don the Beachcombers and Trade Winds)

Buma (Homage to Andres Bumatay - carved for Sven's
Contemporary Idol show at M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs)

The next lamp is a Hawaiian style and called "Ao" - which is hawaiian for "light"

The last lamp I've been working on was also carved for Sven's Contemporary Idol show at M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs and is based on the traditional slit drums from Ambrym. It's called, appropriately, "Ambrym"

Still working on the garage workshop, and now I've started on the back yard too. At the rate I'm going, I should be done in a few years!

Thanks again everyone!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-26 2:18 pm   Permalink

Looking good! I like the Ao

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-26 2:40 pm   Permalink

OMG! McTiki needs a new lamp!

Those are stellar Poly!

Lovin the Buma lamp!

Nice to have you back sir!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Mess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-04-28 05:01 am   Permalink

wow! really like that last lamp.

View Profile of Atomic Mess Send a personal message to Atomic Mess  Goto the website of Atomic Mess     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-05-11 05:31 am   Permalink

Love this "Respect" series, Excellent works.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2012-05-16 11:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the compliments, they keep me going! Lamps are in fact for sale, if anyone is interested. I just haven't gotten around to putting them on my Etsy store yet.

Ben - thanks, my friend, the respect series is long overdue and there is quite a list of carvers I need to "thank". Lots of great artists out there, both past and present that are inspirational!

I've been spending a bit of time decorating my garage workspace "Inspiration Point". If you are interested in seeing some progress pics, I've posted a few teaser shots over in "Home Tiki Bars"

Here's the link to my
Inspiration Point post.

Thanks for looking and more in a bit!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation