FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki rejected by the cool kids
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
rejected by the cool kids
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 4:48 pm   Permalink

My buddies and I would practice our "shout out" lines from Rocky Horror Picture Show by playing a live taped cassette of the movie - while we were jogging.

What a bunch of nerds.

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 4:52 pm   Permalink

Tang wins.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 4:54 pm   Permalink

My best friend would tape "Mork & Mindy" by putting his portable tape player on top of his TV set. Then we would listen to it the next day after school.

Sabu

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 4:59 pm   Permalink

Actually - Sabu wins.

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 5:05 pm   Permalink

we would do that with fat albert.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 5:06 pm   Permalink

Drama Club Geek, Young Democrats ( Because the granola type girls were cute).....never could be cool and afford the "LaCoste" Alligator shirt...had to go with the cheapo Mervyns knockoff "Le Tigre"....Hey...and how about those AWESOME Bugle Boy skater pants circa..1985-1986...I just loved rolling the cuff up. Hmmm...High School wasn't so much Tiki per say either......That was more of the "Voodoo" period.

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 5:24 pm   Permalink

I used to go to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm with a cassette recorder, so I could record the rides and listen to them at home. I did this with the film Ghostbusters as well.

Boy - I really really wasn't cool.

Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 6:12 pm   Permalink

I was teased mercilessly about not having a Lacoste shirt like everyone else... so my mom took an old gator off of last year's shirt and sewed it on to a cheap piece of crap. Most likely K-Mart brand.

and yes, Tang still wins

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 8:04 pm   Permalink

Im sure the forum wil flourish with that attitude!

Long live the losers

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 8:19 pm   Permalink

Geez -- I had the fake Op shorts too! And the fake Members Only jacket. And even fake Vans shoes. When I was in High School and Miami Vice was the "in" 80's thing, I had fake Ray Ban sunglasses too. Speaking of Miami Vice, did you know that Crockett drove a fake Ferrari?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop 2006-10-05 20:19 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 8:51 pm   Permalink

My parents made me wear dickies in elementary school (now their cool, but then? DICKies)
and cordoroy pants that would "foosh" when I walked.

I spent my childhood (all the way through highschool) playing D & D in the basement...and painting miniatures.

I was the epitome of cool. so quit your damn whining.

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 8:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-05 15:27, MachTiki wrote:
I remember wanting a "Members Only" jacket sooo bad for Christmas, but my parents bought me a knock-off. EVERYONE noticed. I think it was even called "Membership Required" or something really dumb like that.

I also, was not a "cool kid" for the rest of the year.

The knockoffs were called "Club Member" and even worse "Club House". With the same stupid shoulder straps.

Speaking from experience. I wasn't cool then, and I'm not cool now.

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 8:58 pm   Permalink

I can't remember a single thing that happened in high school. No kidding. The only half-memory I have is of counting 45 joint roaches laying there on the cement walkway beside the main door of our school. Not a single cigarette butt, just 45 fresh roaches.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 10:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-05 20:51, Polynesiac wrote:
My parents made me wear cordoroy pants that would "foosh" when I walked.

Are you sure that was your pants?

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WenikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 10:19 pm   Permalink

I was so naive that I didn't even understand the cool factor. Then I started dating a Senior when I was a Sophomore... He was one of the coolest guys in school. Also a drug dealer, which of course I didn't know. Once I was walking to church and a Camaro of other cool guys pulled up beside me and one guy said: "Hey, I heard Steve had some mushrooms!?" I answered, in all seriousness, "What would he be doing with mushrooms, cooking?" They all laughed and drove away. A few months later Steve told me to look under the car seat and there was a huge bag of weed! AKA a lid. And where did I meet this wonderful guy who even had my parents fooled? In the Explorer Scouts.

View Profile of WenikiTiki Send a personal message to WenikiTiki  Email WenikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation