FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki rejected by the cool kids
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
rejected by the cool kids
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-10-05 10:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-05 22:04, DawnTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-10-05 20:51, Polynesiac wrote:
My parents made me wear cordoroy pants that would "foosh" when I walked.

Are you sure that was your pants?

Huh. that would explain the smell. some things never change!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-05 11:15 pm   Permalink

Shoot! I tried to pass off waffle stompers as creepers back in the 80's. I was so un cool that I was un-cool with the un-cool crowd. Beat that ya jerkz. At least I am still cool enough now to use z's for s's

OI!

Chongolio

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2006-10-05 11:27 pm   Permalink

On the third or fourth time my best friend and I went to see the movie "Alien", he snuck his camera into the theater. He kept it hidden all the way till the end, when Sigourney Weaver strips down to her underwear:

...but of course he forgot to turn off the flash and there was this blinding flash of light and a loud "Ker-Click" of the camera shutter. Of course, every eye in the theater turned to where we were sitting in the front row, trying to burrow into our seats. Everyone in the theater started laughing. Yeah. It was one of my proudest nerd moments.

Sabu

[ This Message was edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy 2006-10-05 23:33 ]

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 03:31 am   Permalink

I took an alligator off my dad's Lacoste socks and sewed it onto a cheap shirt in grade school because my parents wouldn't buy me a Lacoste shirt like all the other kids were wearing. Well, the second I walked in with it, the cool kids spied me in it, knew something was up... they chased me down the hall, then forcibly grabbed the collar and turned it inside out to see the tag... saw it was a K Mart special, and started laughing and yelling it out in the hall. That was a humiliating day at York Mills Public School.

I also used to make my Princess Leia Doll have sex with my Six Million Dollar Man doll. Is that nerdy enough?

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 05:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-05 20:19, PolynesianPop wrote:
When I was in High School and Miami Vice was the "in" 80's thing, I had fake Ray Ban sunglasses too. Speaking of Miami Vice, did you know that Crockett drove a fake Ferrari?

I too thought I should try and look like Don Johnson.

That's really really uncool.

[ This Message was edited by: Tangaroa 2006-10-06 05:20 ]

View Profile of Tangaroa Send a personal message to Tangaroa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
badmojo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 06:06 am   Permalink

When I was in the 7th grade I was the first guy in the entire school, grades 3-12, to own a pair of acid wash jeans. Does that make me cool or un-cool?!?! And was it only my school that for a year all the cool kids wore inside-out sweatshirts?

View Profile of badmojo Send a personal message to badmojo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 06:23 am   Permalink

When I was in high school, I tried to look like John Denver. Not cool now, not cool then.

When life hands you limes... make Mai Tais!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-10-06 06:25 am   Permalink

Try having to buy your clothes at a place called Jo Ann's Chubby Shop. Lots of cool there. And how could I forget about the time I decided that looking like Stevie Nicks would be sheer heaven? Got the requisite clothes and found the perfect boots- felt like I was on stilts. Unfortunately, I only wore the outfit once- I couldn't get the hang of walking practically tiptoed and just wobbled like a newborn colt when I tried to walk. Then I got a heel caught in a crack in the sidewalk and it came off. My car was a good 6 blocks away. That was very cool too.

View Profile of Kitty Send a personal message to Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 08:43 am   Permalink

The cool kids at my high school had all the best parties with top of the line beer like "Mickey's Big Mouth". They understood the power of Malt.

We liked "Lucky Lager" because the puzzles under the caps confused us and reminded us that we were not cool.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 09:11 am   Permalink

Ha! We drank Milwaukee's Best because there was a liquor store we know of that sold it at $3.95 a CASE!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MachTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 09:16 am   Permalink

I think Lucky might have been a dollar more.

View Profile of MachTiki Send a personal message to MachTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 09:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-05 17:24, Tangaroa wrote:
I used to go to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm with a cassette recorder, so I could record the rides and listen to them at home.

I download MP3s of these recordings from the Interweb. I just downloaded a copy of the original "It's a Small World" record from the '64 NY World's Fair.

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 09:48 am   Permalink

The "cool kid" groups I always encountered were mainly "cool" because they proclaimed themselves thus. By limiting access and interaction they kept their little cliques exclusive. For some reason their artificial status was desirable by those on the outside. I never got that, the "cool kids" were in general the least creative, interesting, or intelligent kids around. Usually they just had the "right" clothes and gossiped a lot.

Of course "cool kids' groups are alive and well in the grownup world. From private clubs to gated communities to Costco membership. And for some reason folks still want in. But exclusive groups know they need to remain exclusive because they pretty much can't hack it in the real world. It's kind of similar to being quarantined, but instead of the general population not wanting the disease to spread an exclusive population is terrified they may catch something.

I like the arrangement: Exclusivity is a mindset I'd rather not see spread. I'd rather see it kept in a gilded cage.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ookoo lady
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 09:54 am   Permalink

Costco membership is cool and exclusive?

View Profile of ookoo lady Send a personal message to ookoo lady      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-10-06 10:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-10-06 09:54, ookoo lady wrote:
Costco membership is cool and exclusive?

Yes it is, but not as cool and exclusive as "Sam's Club"

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation