FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Clarita's experiments
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 Next Page )
Clarita's experiments
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-04 11:25 am   Permalink

LoL! Grog I want my Tiki back!!

The material I carve it from,here it's called Telgopor, I think the traslation is expanded polystyrene and over it has a mixture of gesso or spackle ,enduido,(I don't know how to say this needer) with vinyl glue, sand and paint

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arttard
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-06-04 11:55 am   Permalink

these are awesome! i love your design style. i am definatly going to order some.

View Profile of arttard Send a personal message to arttard  Email arttard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 11:20 am   Permalink

Thank you very much arttard!
here's a link to the thread
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=24296&forum=12&3

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-05 1:44 pm   Permalink

Hi Clarita, wow! Your talent was evident right from the first tikis you carved. Sorry to hear about the lost tiki, but it shows how good you are that someone would go so far as to steal it. Hope you get him back some day. Tiki god say Bad Juju to all tiki thieves.

Mrs Hoptiki

View Profile of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki Send a personal message to Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki  Goto the website of Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 07:23 am   Permalink

Clarita, It sure is nice to see your candles sitting on all these Tc'rs shelfs, they are Still so Cool unless lit, then they're HOT.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-06 3:02 pm   Permalink

Clarita, You Snuck this tiki right by me, I had not realized you carved it. REALLY WELL Done, Did they ever Find it?
Now I can see why your candles are done so well.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-06-07 09:49 am   Permalink

Thanks Mr&Mrs BPHoptiki, I appreciate it a lot, I agree that stealing a Tiki must give bad juju...

Thanks Benzart! yes I carve him, not out of wood,the material I carve it from,here it's called Telgopor, I think the traslation is expanded polystyrene and over it has a mixture of gesso or spackle ,enduido(I don't know how to say this needer) with vinyl glue, sand and paint,they were around 5 feet tall, They were a couple, here's one of them again,

We haven't found him yet, I still have hope...

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 2:16 pm   Permalink

Aloha everybody!
Here is what I've being doing lately...I wanted to show my gratitud to Tiki-Ray for his great great Tiki-help (he has helped me like only family does), so I've being thinking and homage to his carvings could be a way, but I'm not very good coping so I figure I could add a crazy shape to it...
I've being trying crazy ideas that didn't work...
and finally here it is...My BIG THANK YOU RAY! materialized in something...
Based on a Tiki-Ray original design you can see the original carving here
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=25079&forum=7&start=0&15
and here is mine,this is the clay model

and then I've made a candle holder copy made of plaster and candles

Sorry for the horrible pictures...
I've being doing some more of the other designs to send for the Tiki Oasis too...
I think Tiki-Ray is happy with his homage...I hope you like it too, best wishes to you all!

benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 11:51 pm   Permalink

WWOOOWWWW, Superb.
Do you know more about shipping to France?

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 09:48 am   Permalink

Great new sculpt Clarita!
TikiRay should be honored that he inspired a fellow Ohana member!
and the colors you've chosen are perfect! Your work is filled with love
and creativity! Rock On!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 10:12 am   Permalink

Aloha Clarita! I've been meaning to tell you I picked up a Tiki Taka at the House of Tiki on my way to Holden's Big Ol' Tiki Bash last month! I just love it! And the packaging is genius! Nice job!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 11:13 am   Permalink

Clarita, I Love your new candles. Nice work.

Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 1:43 pm   Permalink

Clarita, another beautiful piece, and such a nice homage to Tiki Ray..... beautiful!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 2:56 pm   Permalink

Is she not the coolest chick . Im totally honored . I guess Ill have a couple for sale at the Oasis too . I request that everyone stand and face south toward Clarita and bow to her . She deserves it .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-12 11:13 am   Permalink

Mercy Benjamin!! You are very kind, the only thing I know about shipping to France is that is expensive, not impossible from US, but expensive...

LLT You are the master of love & creativity, but thanks very much!!

JenTiki thank you very much, I'm very happy you like your Tiki Taka!

Benzart thanks my friend!!

Thanks Amy you are very kind!!

Tiki-Ray Thanks very much for all your GREAT help, you are a great friend!
I'm very glad you like it, Thanks again!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation