FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Clarita's experiments
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 Next Page )
Clarita's experiments
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-18 1:20 pm   Permalink

What a Story! That should be a BOOK!
Tiki Billy in wax positively GLOWS!
WINNER!
i shaved my mustache for you sweetie!
Keep Creating!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-18 2:52 pm   Permalink

Right on, very cool. The ice one rocks.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-20 07:12 am   Permalink

Thanks LLT, I think Bowana has plans to print it and making it as comic book...
I shaved my mustachio for you too, let's keep our faces mustachio free !!
i just need the blondness now and we can be Tiki bro and sis !!

Thanks seeksurf! your waffle guy is Great!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 08:50 am   Permalink

Thanks seeksurf!
I'm making ice blue Tormento pendants, for them to introduce with their new album.

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 1:26 pm   Permalink

WOW, Clarita, I LOVE your Enthusiasm, It really shows in your works.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FreddieBallsomic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-29 6:13 pm   Permalink

The pendant is smokin'... That color is hypnotiq~

View Profile of FreddieBallsomic Send a personal message to FreddieBallsomic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-30 07:35 am   Permalink

SWEET! The ice blue color makes it look like it could be a highly polished stone. The Tormentos are going to love those!

Go, Girl!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-30 5:45 pm   Permalink

It looks like Lapis Lazuli....very nice!
I mentioned it in my thread too, but I had to move Hoku Ili back into my workshop cause the sun was making him go urine yellow! I only recently noticed how he looks a lot like some of the two-faced classical Marquesan pieces...and the controlled depth you put into the modelling is a joy to behold when he's lit up. Now please make some more stuff!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-30 7:15 pm   Permalink

Love the pendant Clarita!! When are the tormentos releasing a new album? great idea to give out the pendants too.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-31 08:42 am   Permalink

What a great little guy. He looks like he might also glow in the
dark?

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-14 09:24 am   Permalink

Thanks Benz! I get what you mean
Thanks Freddie! I've made some other color as well
Thanks Bowana! you are my rock, Higly polished
Thanks Paipo!
It looks like Lapis Lazuli....very nice!
Oh I think you just like me a lot thanks!
Hoku went urine yellow?! are you sure it was the sun and not your other activities !
Thanks Tim, they are releasing their new album the 24 of may, so I've being using the last warm days we have to try to make a lot, now is so chilly is very hard to work with resin..
Thanks seeksurf, no he is not glow in the dark, and Billy either, he has a little candle inside that make him glow

Here are some of the color I've made

And i'm starting a new crazy project, where I'm going to try to turn the original Tormento candle desing in to plaster mold material, to make a mug
This is the candle design

So a melted plasticine and pore it in to the mold i have and started working on it
this is just started

I have progresses for there some more
I know Babalu is not going to be proud of me working in plasticine instead of clay, but i wanted to have all the time to work on it with out having to be worried about it drying to much...
The thing is that the plasticine I'm using is to soft, so i'm thinking i'm going to have trouble taking the plaster mold later. I was planning on varnishing it to make it more resistant but Bowana save me from that telling me it was going to stick to the plaster!an less a apply some soap or release on it...
So, I'm not planing on making a limited edition, because this would be for a bar here that has the Tormento drink, and for the tormentos to use too for their press kits and such. so what I'm thinking is that I'm going to varnish it, and take a silicon mold, so i can make a plaster copie from that (and be able to make all the copies to use as master, I could need in time) and from the plaster copy try to make the plaster mold, and if i break it, i wouldn't loose the master I could just make an other...
This is going to be a long journey for me, we'll see how all this go...
Wish me luck please, and any tips would be very much appreciated
Thanks for looking!

[ This Message was edited by: Clarita 2008-04-14 11:35 ]

harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-14 2:31 pm   Permalink

Well the mob asked for it, and now you are doing it!! Clarita mugs!!! I'm sure you will do a great job and I can't wait to drink a Tormento out of one at Mundo Bizarro!

And those pendants look so tasty I could chew into one right now!

Suerte!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-15 08:53 am   Permalink

Looking good, Clarita! It looks like you will soon be venturing into the exciting and sometimes unpredictable world known as Moldland! Huzzah!

...The drums!...The drums!...

[ This Message was edited by: Bowana 2008-04-15 08:53 ]

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-15 5:11 pm   Permalink

Hey Kiddo,

I'm very proud of you for giving that oil based clay a go! I think that it is really fun to work with, and I think you will be able to get way more fine detail with it than you will with water based clays.

Bowana and I have talked about starting a thread (a tag team effort) showing how we made past plaster molds. Bowana is really the master mold maker and has taught me a great deal on the process. I did a fairly good picture documentation on the molds we built at one of the Chops. I have a little time right now while I'm on this road trip in the mornings, and have the pictures in my laptop. I will see if I can start something up in the "other crafts area" a little later on and as the week progresses. It may take several posts to get all of the pictures out that I have, but it should be fun. I'm sure Bowana will want to add pictures and information as I post as well.

There have been a several folks out there that have asked both of us if we could share this information, and we would be more than happy to help others out if we can.

Stay tuned...

Great start on this one Clarita!

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2008-04-15 17:13 ]

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-15 10:48 pm   Permalink

Looking great! If i could crab them Id try and eat them
they look like candy or gummy bears.

Positive Vibration back to your work Clarita.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation