FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Clarita's experiments
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 Next Page )
Clarita's experiments
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 4:08 pm   Permalink

Thanks congatiki, seeksurf, little lost tiki, TikiMango, Benzart, Fugu, Bowana, laojia, Paipo, squid and tok-tok! thanks for checking on me and taking the time to comment, I appreciate it very much.
About how they sound, well, I'm not sure, I was able to carve them , but I'm the worst drummer ever, that's for sure. They sound a little different now, with the all the way trhu carves, but they still have an interesting sound... if i find any squids around here, that can make them sound cool , i'll tape something...
Thanks again!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-22 4:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-06-22 16:08, Clarita wrote:
They sound a little different now, with the all the way trhu carves, but they still have an interesting sound... if i find any squids around here, that can make them sound cool , i'll tape something...
Thanks again!

Easy solution. Bring them to Tiki Oasis. Every drummer there (me included) will quality check them!

Just a another friendly Ohana service we provide here, free of charge.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-06-23 12:19 am   Permalink

AWESOME!!!!! GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 03:04 am   Permalink

"Thank surfintiki!! Where do I come up with this stuff? well, everything has to do with everything in my case, I mean my "Tikis" are very me, a mix of all the stuff I like (I grew up watching cartoons, then studied hand made animation, so I like simple strong colorful characters a lot. and i like music a lot too so those are my two biggest influences I think) and the way I am (weird, rebel, honest....) to me the tiki culture has music in it, if you get what I mean. and the other thing is that I don't like designing first and then carving or using anything as reference, I like to go with the flow of the material and surprising myself with the result...

But in this case I'm drawing the general lines and then carving and changing it on the way, I already draw the other two guys but who knows how they are going to end up looking like
Thanks again everybody, your support means a lot to me, really! "

Just Listen to you sounding like the perfect artist. Tell us More. Now I see where some of your design skillz come from.

I just realized this guy is beating drums held up by a Bamboo Stand? I Can't Stand it your mind thinks ahead in such neat ways.
Of course I Still am Amazed at the crisp perfection of your detail and from the sounds of it you had better get busy as there are dozens here wanting your Neat drummer bands
I've said it before and now again, Your signature is Awesome!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 09:17 am   Permalink

Very, very cool design.

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Lounge Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-06-23 12:14 pm   Permalink

WOW! Those are astounding! I might have to do my own version of them using the pvc pipes. Keep up the great work!

-LT

View Profile of The Lounge Tiki Send a personal message to The Lounge Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-24 08:59 am   Permalink

Thanks squid you and the other drumers at the oasis are such a nice ohana . i'll do my best to make a new set for you, extra spice

Thanks GROG, Glad GROG like!

Aaaww! thanks Benzaroo, you like to make me cry (of joy) ones or twice a year don't you? you are awesome and the most talented and generous guy around! snif snif thanks again

Thanks Grapa-RuHa!

Thanks The Lounge Tiki. pvc hm? those must have a cool sound too, maybe different?. but are you planning on carving those, or paint them or what? now I'm intrigued

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nuKKe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-27 12:58 pm   Permalink

Clarita,
Found this thread after reading your response in the theoretical discussion thread - thank goodness for such threads that get me leaving the Other Crafts forum and visit the next door neighbours

Beautiful work and what a great progress. Everything from the candle holders to the drums sure have your unique signature. You rock!

View Profile of nuKKe Send a personal message to nuKKe  Email nuKKe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-28 3:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks nukke, yes i know what you mean it's hard to keep up with everybody, a lot to see on TC, glad my post made sense to you

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 3:46 pm   Permalink

The last set of drums I've carved, were already made, my mother bought them in '81 at the north of Brazil.
This time I've made them from scratch, using green bamboo, the yellow one in the pic it's named Tacuaron

So here it is the 2.0 version of the same guys i did before, but entirely made by me, with some changes just for fun

There are still some details to take care of..
I'm going to take the pics all around them, when I get some sun... It's winter here, and it rains and rains...
Much Aloha to everyone

Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-31 5:00 pm   Permalink

wow! I love these!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-08-31 8:30 pm   Permalink

They have a beautifully wild style to them!

Bowie

PS Send us some of your rain!!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

[ This Message was edited by: Bowana 2009-09-01 12:08 ]

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 07:57 am   Permalink

2.0 versions
just as cool as the 1.0!
You keep getting better every carve,Clarita!
picnic?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 09:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-08-31 20:30, Bowana wrote:
If you put the two pictures close together, it's easier to compare the differences and similarities!
So you carved set 1.0, and then carved set 2.0 to be exactly the same only different?

Ah yes. I see the differences now! Great design work and clean execution. SWEET.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2009-09-01 12:07 pm   Permalink

oops.

[ This Message was edited by: Bowana 2009-09-01 12:08 ]

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation