FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Clarita's / Bamboo #16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 Next Page )
Clarita's / Bamboo #16
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 1:56 pm   Permalink

Aloha Grog! I must confess I speak funny in any language. My parents divorced when I was very little and my father went to live in Rio so I learn to speak Spanish and Portuguese at the same time. and the to languages spells in opposite ways so I don't know how to write properly anything.Right now I'm with an on line dictionary and the spell check...Thanks goodness for it! I like your GROG-English!!

Benzart your stone carving is really great!!!!
I just want to add that I really would preffer people to be here to give their opinions or maybe their advise than buying anything.I always liked to ask wile I'm developing something to people that I like, that don't know anything about sculpture, what they think and then if I agree I do it, and honestly thats what afterward I keep with me about each piece..."that I've made it with my some relative or friend"
For example if someone has any suggestions for a name for this last one....

IsleConch Thanks a lot!! quoting your signature I think that maybe the secret is not hiding is blending your sources and then blending your own stuff....Greetings!!

[ This Message was edited by: Clarita 2006-11-13 20:01 ]

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 2:04 pm   Permalink

I'd just like to add that last one you posted would be awesome for a bowl (for drinks). It really is a cool design.

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-08 2:17 pm   Permalink

Thanks Paipo!! maybe..., is not my specialty,but
...See thats what I was talking about! if I maybe end up doing a drink bowl I definitely will remember Paipo as part of this piece and thats what I love about doing stuff...
Love your jade piece is really gorgeous !!!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-12 11:22 am   Permalink

....After reading Rum Demon's thread paying special attention on the molding part of his mug, I come to the conclusion I can't do my designs like that, because I model them counting on the silicon mold that allows doing great depth.So I can turn this designs in to mugs without changing them for a plaster mold.What I can try is making them out of plaster and then finishing them with water proof varnish for a vase maybe....

[ This Message was edited by: Clarita 2006-11-13 12:34 ]

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-15 3:14 pm   Permalink

....Sorry no updates yet....
Quote:

On 2006-10-13 15:25, hewey wrote:
Nice looking work. I now how you feel about having no 'local' tiki, very little around my neck of the woods in Sydney (Australia) too. TC is a great tiki fix, but like a junky you get kinda hooked and next thing you're stealing peoples wallets to get another fix and.... well thats enough about me.

Welcome to TC. Would love to see some 'process' pics of the molding too

Now I get what Hewey was talking about!!! I didn't steal anything yet but everyday I must get my fix of TC that's for sure!!!!!! Best wishes to you all!

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-20 5:50 pm   Permalink

Hi Clarita. Im so glad you found me on myspace.com . I freaked when I saw your originality and creativity. Im also glad you took my advice to share these with Tiki Centralites. I knew they would love them . You may be far away but you make us jealous cause you can swim to Easter Island from your house. Dont stop what you are doing , you have a true eye for tiki . Tiki-Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-23 09:36 am   Permalink

Thanks a lot Tiki-Ray I was very glad when I find your space, I love voodoo island, you have a great style and your profile pic is so cool too!! I don't know about going to easter island swimming, maybe I'll wait to have some cash for a plane...Thanks again! Best wishes!

Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-25 9:31 pm   Permalink

Hola Clarita - Tengo una pregunta para ti, de moldmaking. Do you cast your candles from the same mold taken from the original clay piece? They look so smooth, I was wondering if you made an intermediate casting out of plaster or some other material that could be sanded and polished, then mold that piece to get your final result.

Whatever moldmaking method you are using, your candles look great!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-26 2:44 pm   Permalink

Hola Tikidav! Muchas Gracias! I appreciate it very much, your hula girl is great and so little!! About your question, I do my final cast with the original mold no intermediate casting. You can polish your resin with some polishing cream for cars to make it smoother... One other thing I suggest (but I'm not so sure) to try with your resin, is to add some industrial talcum powder (since you are not making it cristal) to make it stronger and for the catalization to take longer...Greetings!!

[ This Message was edited by: Clarita 2006-11-28 21:35 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Clarita 2006-11-28 21:41 ]

Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2006-11-26 6:34 pm   Permalink

Gracias por la informacion, Clarita. Que buena idea es el talcum powder! I've been dusting my molds with talc to prevent pinhole bubbles on the surface of the casting, but I did not know about mixing it in the resin for a slower cure time. I am certainly going to try it. I'll let you know what happens. Have you not tried it?

Un otro pregunta de sus candelas, what kind of clay do you use? Is it oil based or water based?

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 08:41 am   Permalink

Hey Tikidav! No I've never try this, it is a tip that the guy where I buy some materials has told me, a long time ago, I worked a few times with resin and always with fiber glass, except for one time that I've made a pare of eyes for a dummy, where I've used the transparent one, that's how I know about the polishing cream for smoothness. If you try the powder tip tell me how it went....
I use red clay water based.
And maybe you can check out the thread here posted by Squid he recommended a forum about sculpture that is really great, they may answer any question about resin o silicon molding, Best wishes!!

[ This Message was edited by: Clarita 2006-11-28 21:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Clarita 2006-11-28 21:45 ]

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 08:56 am   Permalink

Hi Clarita -

Have you ever tried adding sand and small shells to the wax? I know you want the transparency, but a small amount might look cool, or just adding them at the bottom of the mold away from the features.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 09:35 am   Permalink

Aloha Cammo! Thanks That's a great idea for some new design maybe... Is just that I tend to start new things before finishing all the proses of what I've started, so I have to finish a lot of stuff first, and then I'll try that for sure...! I've been distracted trying to put up my own Tiki terrace, so I have less work done lately....Here's a pic...

Thanks again, Greetings!!

[ This Message was edited by: Clarita 2006-11-28 21:51 ]

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 10:33 am   Permalink

Clarita, Looks like that comfortable Tiki Terrace might take more of your time when it is finished and we will see even Less work? Just kidding, keep up the great work

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-27 1:22 pm   Permalink

So when can all of us at Tiki Central visit and drink Mai-Tais on your Tiki Terrace?
We'll each bring one gift to help decorate it even more!
Soooooo, whatcha' been working on this week?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation