FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Clarita's experiments
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 Next Page )
Clarita's experiments
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-15 06:12 am   Permalink

Clarita rules with the 'boo. Really like everything you have been knocking
out...even the cellphone photo looks "atmospheric." Whatever that is supposed
to mean

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-15 06:57 am   Permalink

YES, Cool, I remember that one Clarita... I'm Already married though some 26 years ago though and if I Ever get married again I Think you'll be there!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-15 08:04 am   Permalink

love the spirals on the cheeks of #6
Every single one of your BOO babies has such charm and happiness!
Clarita Rocks like Led Zeppelin used to Rock!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 10:13 am   Permalink

Hi Paipo thanks so much for acknowledging my work, i'm so glad to hear about you, I was sad you wasn't around any more. mostly because if YOU give up, being the king of TC (everybody loves you and your work) what reason should I have to keep going?... I doubt about what the hell am I doing carving tikis more or less often...I do my best and I feel my work is authentic about it representing me, I try to bring something to the table, but I'm so far from the real thing, I have nothing to do with anything, really, that... well ... I'm very happy you are there again...

About the cumbia is not my thing, I'm more of a rock kind of lady, but I sure like talking about music so I did some investigation for you.
the style of music of this guy 'king coya' is almost not cumbia, the only thing cumbia about it, is the beat. the guy name is gaby kerpel he is a very fancy musician he mixes electronic music with 'tribal' sounds or 'latin music' the most, he made the music for 'la organizacion negra', 'de la guarda' and 'fuerza bruta' that are very outside of the box kind of interactive theater, mostly based on sensations more than words, the actors fly around and pic people of the audience and make them fly too, it's hard to explain.
the real 'cumbia' comes from colombia is a derivation of the 'ballenato' that is similar but more sad. here there are some 'cumbia' but as there is rock or blues, it isn't from here really. the truth is that argentina is not a very 'latin' country because what we know as 'latin' is the tropical music, like the 'rancheras' from mexico, 'cumbia' from colombia, 'son' from cuba etc..
here we have 'tango','milonga', 'chacarera','musica andina', etc is a more sad kind of music..
you can listen to the music for fuerza bruta here
http://www.fuerzabruta.net/website/fuerza_eng.html
maybe what you like is this guy style more than real 'cumbia' i don't know..

surfintiki thanks so much, it feels weird to be an 'original' but i can't help it, it wouldn't be me if i try to do somehting else, but i don't want to disrespect anybody so i often doubt if i should be posting here or not. as long as theres people like you that support me and appreciate what i do, i'll be around, so it means a lot to me, thank you very much for your support and kindness.

congatiki thank you very much! i'm sorry about your ribs, i hope they don't keep you to long from creating your wonderful art, i love to see your posts.

Benzart I know you are married to a wonderful gal, but you can re marry her and invite me!
just kidding, love you guys, hope you are ok.

little lost tiki led zeppelin? wow what an honor! i feel very very very honored thanks!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-18 8:02 pm   Permalink

i louv your detail C
deeinitly something to aspire too!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 1:41 pm   Permalink

Thankyou very much tikigodz!

Here's #7 the protector of the sun
The symbol he has in the middle it's how, according to the jaussen list, you say sun or raa in rongorongo. you can read about it here
http://www.netaxs.com/~trance/rongo2.html

Much Aloha Tiki friends

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 2:01 pm   Permalink

Hooray!! - a new Clarita carving!!

The protector of the sun...now that's beautiful. Thanks for posting

tiki since '67!

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 5:02 pm   Permalink

Mmmum yes! Wow love the color and the symbols very classy work.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 07:53 am   Permalink

i love looking at your work clarita.....you have a definate style of your own and a great eye for design. keep up the great work

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 2:41 pm   Permalink

Nice work Clarita, you are really defining a style with these. The
last one is my favorite...till the next one

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laojia
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-06 9:04 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-04-05 13:41, Clarita wrote:

Unique and very pretty! (It's almost a habit)

Thank's for the link...

J.

View Profile of laojia Send a personal message to laojia      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 05:24 am   Permalink

Clarita, I Love how you put so much of yourself into these pieces, they are just SO Nice and Warm Feeling. Excellent carvings.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-07 06:23 am   Permalink

Great work! I have not seen a single carving that I did not like.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-08 3:43 pm   Permalink

Inspired work. I am now convinced that you have Akuaku living in your garden and influencing your work. I absolutely love the sun glyph and, by the way, that site you linked to is great. I have been there many, many times.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-08 7:01 pm   Permalink

THE DETAIL IS AMAZING!!!!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation