FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Clarita's experiments
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 Next Page )
Clarita's experiments
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-29 6:36 pm   Permalink

Welcome back Clarita. You are truly blessed to have your Mother's art, so she is always with you. Your artwork is beautiful, glad to see you carving such beautiful bamboo pieces again.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2011-12-29 7:46 pm   Permalink

Fun, fun, fun!

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-30 11:01 am   Permalink

Thanks Surfin! very glad you like them, the one on the right it's a girl, she has a flower on her hair and she is going to have a skirt, I know it doesn't show in that pic, but that's my idea, that they are a guy and a woman friends having fun (like you and the girl of your band, congrats on being so cool)
I never see that represented on art, girls doing something else than posing or having babies (or showing their boobs)
I already did a carver girl, now a musician, maybe I can add to the change I want to see in the world, with my art

Talking about cool girls, Thanks VampiressRN!

Hey Bowana, very glad to see you around again too, glad you are having fun pal!

have a great new year Ohana, cheers.

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-30 3:04 pm   Permalink

Cool! They're performers! Gigging out for money!! ha ha ha! I love it! I like what you're trying to achieve, you're a TRUE artiste'!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-12-30 4:57 pm   Permalink

Hi Clarita! Great to see you back! Looks like you've pushed the envelope again with these two!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-12 8:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks surfin & TheBigT

http://mundotiki.com
my web site, still warm from the oven is 90% done. I still want to add some more stuff in there, but if you want, check it out and get to know me and why I do what I do a little more. I also added some cool songs you can listen to, click the link at the home page. Oh, and check out the friends link and if you have pictures of some of my work at your home you can send me, I would love to include it too.
I've used some of your comments here on TC and links the your web pages, hope you guys don't mind.
Hope you like it and thank you very much for everything, to everybody that ever posted on this thread, I appreciated greatly

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-13 01:20 am   Permalink

Hi Clarita
Checked out your website, I got to say I was unable to read a lot of the text, because the orange letters
just blend into the yellow back ground, you might want to rethink the letter color scheme a bit.

BUT Your Art is still Terrific!

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2012-02-13 06:11 am   Permalink

I enjoyed the "About" section, good to know more about you as a person and an artist. And terrific art too!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-13 06:58 am   Permalink

Thank you very chuck, oh really? I'll see what I can do about that asap!
Thanks maddog! did you see the gargoyles? I still have to add some pic of me carving in there, but later, I couldn't finish everything right now, and I wanted to hurry because of the Tiki Farm mug..

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-13 08:33 am   Permalink

Ok so I changed the color of that text, thanks for the advice Chuck!

amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-13 2:44 pm   Permalink

Hello Clarita,

I just visited your website. What I saw there was the work of a mature artist. Congratulations on your success!!!! Now, how do we place an order?

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chuck Tatum is Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-13 3:27 pm   Permalink

That's better! now I can read you "About" section......

View Profile of Chuck Tatum is Tiki Send a personal message to Chuck Tatum is Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-13 4:06 pm   Permalink

Aye Clarita!

My friends, Bamboo is not for the faint of heart to carve on. It's very hard and has an odor if you are working power tools. I can appreciate these pieces for sure.

I consider your cuts to be full of awesomeness, Clarita Tiki!

Mahalo

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-14 08:53 am   Permalink

Thanks again Chuck Tatum is Tiki, I think it looks a lot better now too!

Thanks amate! right now the only available item is the Tiki Farm mug

If you want one, you have to sign up for their
Tiki Farm email list on their homepage
that is how they will notify the public of the sale date.
Is going to be a small run of 100 pieces.
I'll let know you later down the road about my own stuff probably.
Thanks for asking anyways..

***** And also I'm thinking about maybe doing the candle of that mug, it would be a hollow one with a LED candle inside, so you could use it with out burning it and also to be able to lit it inside the box *****
***** would any one be interested? *****

Thank you very much McTiki, I'm honored by your comment!!
Oh I didn't know about the odor, I don't use any power tools luckily

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-02-14 08:55 am   Permalink

SO Awesome for you to finally do a mug,, Gotta sign up, I GOTTA Have one. Beautiful work as usual, Congrats to you And to Holden.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation